The United States is not a Christian Nation

chuckc cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 07:31 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;14355 wrote:
Well, I see it as still prominent, which it is, and therefore as relevant in describing us as Communist when describing Soviet Russia.

And:

I am a frog.

I am a frog.

I said it twice, does that make it true? Okay, maybe you did minor in religious studies. I'm not saying you didn't. But a lot of us have educated ourselves and don't need liberal toning down in our religious studies.

You can try to attach labels to me all you want. I have not claimed to be liberal.
Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 07:33 pm
@Dmizer,
Hogwash because it is not true. Are you a Mason? Do you know for certain that certain of them worship Satan? I am not a Mason , but was a DeMolay in my youth and know several Masons even now. I will guarantee you they do not worship Satan. Someone has made that up for argument's sake only , knowing that if it is true or false , it can't be proven if the Masons at that degree are as secretive as thought.
0 Replies

I Understand

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 10:51 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;14368 wrote:
"This website is called conflicting views.. Debates only make people stronger. I am not bashing your intelligence. I would appreciate if you would not bash mine. Its very stereotypical for conservatives to bash others. Lets try not to amplify that view."

I couldn't agree more. But tell me, why did you make the following remark, on post #37, in the 'Religion and Philosophy' section, under 'Islamism', if you feel that way?

"It figures Pinochet is from Texas. Ignorance is prevalent there.":scratchchin:

The following post I apologize because honestly it does anger me when people bash Islam. I have friends who happen to be Islamic and are some of the nicest people in the world.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 11:26 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;14349 wrote:
What?

Just supporting all free societies including the Masons. A "shout out" if you will, to the 1st amendment for our American right to peaceable assemble as a group.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 11:35 pm
@Dmizer,
Quote:
Originally stated by Reagaknight
Well, I see it as still prominent, which it is, and therefore as relevant in describing us as Communist when describing Soviet Russia.

And:

I am a frog.

I am a frog.

I said it twice, does that make it true? Okay, maybe you did minor in religious studies. I'm not saying you didn't. But a lot of us have educated ourselves and don't need liberal toning down in our religious studies."

To you it is revelent.

I disagree. Maybe I'm confused. The Soviet Union, as defined by Americans in there interpretation of Communism relates to define America as Christian, how?

The two sentence exercise can be applied to any statement and still be false.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 05:32 am
@Dmizer,
Because it is relevant to recognize the Christian history, relevance, and majority in America. The rest of the statement was not directed toward you.
chuckc cv

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 12:26 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;14446 wrote:
Because it is relevant to recognize the Christian history, relevance, and majority in America. The rest of the statement was not directed toward you.

Thanks Reagaknight. I understand your view and I agree. When speaking of Amercian history it is relevant to recognize Christianity.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 06:18 pm
@chuckc cv,
chuckc;14373 wrote:
You can try to attach labels to me all you want. I have not claimed to be liberal.

Everything below the 'And:' was not directed toward you.
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 06:50 pm
@Dmizer,
".....it does anger me when people bash Islam. I have friends who happen to be Islamic and are some of the nicest people in the world."

Would they still be your friends if you all lived in Iraq?
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 11:28 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;14542 wrote:
Everything below the 'And:' was not directed toward you.

Thanks Reagaknight. Sometimes I get defensive w/o knowing more.
0 Replies

trappedbyparties

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 09:46 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;13947 wrote:
These people are commonly referred to as 'early Church leaders', here I will call them 'people who know a hell of a lot more about Christianity than you.' They were a mix of the religious leader, not as you claimed, a bunch of popes. They were the only people who could fairly decide on which books were authentic, Gnostic idiocy, and books deserving of the Apocrypha.

well to begin with, the bible was around long before the catholic church was originated. It wasn't called the bible, it was just a series of scrolls written by followers and believers. as a matter of fact, Peter went to Rome to be the first Pope, wich wasn't like the pope we are fimiliar with, he was killed, as a matter of fact there was only one desciple that died from natural causes.
The Gnostic scrolls in your opinion may have "idiocy"(brilliant), or they could have been genious, in your personal opinion there were not, obviously. There was in fact the gospel of Jesus Christ, The Godpel acording to Mary, and another revolutions from one of the other apostles. And if i am not mistaken there were a few other gospels that were thrown out as well. If you want to throw bible versus around here is another one for you, it seems overwelmingly reminicent of something of a current event. Exodus 22:20 acourding to the NIV study bible here in front of me..."whoever sacrifices to any god other than the lord must be destroyed". This doesn't remind me of the extremist muslim terrorists we are trying to fight against or anything. Now you tell me what makes this any diffrent than that. Yeah, i trust this group of people to judge how i should live my life. There is a reason why the christian religion has broken up into so many difrent sects. Alot of this stuff is not relevant in todays day of age. Of course when you don't know how to cook something to where you won't get sick you are going to think it is a sin to eat it. But with the progress we have made in science and technology, You won't get sick from eating pork anymore. These scrolls were written in a time when people lived in rock buildings and drank water from the river. Of course not everything that is written is going to be relevant, to be honest, i give it maybe another 50 years untill it loses all credibility. I don't need a book to tell me not to steal, or kill....i don't need a book to tell me in one spot an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth then later tell me to turn the other cheeck. Then later again tell me that if a man strikes another man with a stone or his fist and does not kill him the man who struck the blow should not be held acountable, however that man should pay the other man for time lost and make sure he gets well....not word for word but exodus 21:18. There are just too many versions of the bible to really hold too much credibility. I believe in the basics, don't kill, don't steal, ect. And i like to read the stories and experiances these men had. And the poetry and psalms are easy to make into modern worship songs. Other than that, i don't really care what you take out of it, but i will be carefull with what i take out of it. I think Jesus had a good belief system going and it was ruined and tarnished. By selfish men. But i guess it's a good thing i apose organized religion and believe it should be a private practice and study.:peace:
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 04:00 am
@Dmizer,
"There are..."to".......organized religion and believe it should be a private practice and study."

I agree and maybe the posts between trapped by parties and I can prove my theory on religion, as a whole, not specific beliefs. i believe we read books, saw things, and expressed our opinion. (just trying to be clear)

Very general: Men inspired by their God wrote books. Other men interpreted those "words" to mean something. Some religious people's strong religious convictions (because they have found peace) feel it gives them the right to tell people how to live. In America, free to believe what you will.

But I think I'm exactly the same way, though I cant say i belong to one religious group. I try to get people to see my world view because I think it's the best. You could call me a literal person. I just believe people should say what they mean. When I dont understand fully, I ask questions. Yeah, I know, can be annoying.
0 Replies

Arterion

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 09:42 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;12020 wrote:
So i take it when religious holidays come around you work and don't take the paid time off? Do you butt out or take the gimme?
Wonder want Dmizer does for our religous holidays?

Your religious holidays?

You stole them all from the pagans, you know. All the major christian holidays coincide roughly with, and were designed to replace, old pagan feast days.
Arterion

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 09:46 pm
@Dmizer,
Okay, if there is no separation of church and state, explain how the government could be intertwined with religion and still not violate the first amendment?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

Explain how the government can favor christianity without violating that part of the constitution? You say "separation of church and state" is unconstitutional, but that's only if you throw out the first amendment. (Which I suspect most christians would be for, so long as the could replace it with "praise jesus".)
92b16vx

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 11:49 pm
@Dmizer,
A perfect example of why religion and government should be keep seperate is Islam, and the middle east.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 07:14 am
@Arterion,
Arterion;27176 wrote:
Your religious holidays?

You stole them all from the pagans, you know. All the major christian holidays coincide roughly with, and were designed to replace, old pagan feast days.
All of them really, I celebrate the birth of Christ, not Christmas. Some celebrate christmas, which do you celebrate? Christmas is pagan, Christ is not.
Drnaline

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 07:27 am
@Arterion,
Arterion;27177 wrote:
Okay, if there is no separation of church and state, explain how the government could be intertwined with religion and still not violate the first amendment?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

Explain how the government can favor christianity without violating that part of the constitution? You say "separation of church and state" is unconstitutional, but that's only if you throw out the first amendment. (Which I suspect most christians would be for, so long as the could replace it with "praise jesus".)
Quote:
Where does it say the two cannot be intertwined? It doesn't say Government shall make no law it say Congress shall not.
Quote:
Explain how the government can favor christianity without violating that part of the constitution?
If the majority of this country are people of faith, how do you propose them checking the faith at the door when they go to work? My wife works for the National Guard and is very Christian if you asked here to check her faith at the door don't you think you would be violating here right to free exercise? She's in the government and she favors Christianity, don't like it tough. There is no law against it.
Quote:
You say "separation of church and state" is unconstitutional, but that's only if you throw out the first amendment.
The first amendment only speaks of "Congress" you need it broadened if you wish to include all government. If there is such a thing why does Congress open every session with a prayer? They are the only ones refered to in the quote yet even they don't respect this supposed separation? If you tried to stop them from doing so would you be infringing on there right, YES.
92b16vx

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 07:47 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;27193 wrote:
Where does it say the two cannot be intertwined? It doesn't say Government shall make no law it say Congress shall not.

Are you just being argumentative or do you really not know Congress' role in government?

I find it funny people on here, and other places call for an end to muslims, and say they are all extremist because even if they aren't out blowing up innocents, they all believe that the world should follow Sharia law, at the same time they are telling eveyone they are going to hell for not accepting jesus christ as their saviour, and telling people that they have the right to infringe on their beliefs, because if they can't discuss christianity whenever, and where ever they want, their "rights" are being infringed upon.
Drnaline

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 08:03 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;27200 wrote:
Are you just being argumentative or do you really not know Congress' role in government?

I find it funny people on here, and other places call for an end to muslims, and say they are all extremist because even if they aren't out blowing up innocents, they all believe that the world should follow Sharia law, at the same time they are telling eveyone they are going to hell for not accepting jesus christ as their saviour, and telling people that they have the right to infringe on their beliefs, because if they can't discuss christianity whenever, and where ever they want, their "rights" are being infringed upon.
Quote:
Do you reference the first amendment, as you knowe as well is says "Congress." Congress's role is to make law, except anything having to do with restricting religion or establishing a state Church of which it has not done. I didn't write the Constitution and that is what is says. Why do you misconstrue the first amendments context. I do not find it arguementative to ask why you seek to restrict religion, IMO that is true unconstitutinal. You want the government to do your dirty work. Sorry there are real laws against it. See the first amendment!
Quote:
I find it funny people on here, and other places call for an end to muslims, and say they are all extremist because even if they aren't out blowing up innocents,
Got example of these persons? What about a name? You use the word "all" alot but i would bet your list will be very short if it even exists?
Quote:
and telling people that they have the right to infringe on their beliefs,
Constitution say freedom "of" not freedom "from."
Quote:
because if they can't discuss christianity whenever, and where ever they want, their "rights" are being infringed upon.
Are you under the impression that you wouldn't be infringing there rights if you got your way? Do you know what "or the free exercise thereof " means? It's 24/7 365, it does not stop at the government door. Feel free to walk through without reprisal. AMEN
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 08:15 am
@Dmizer,
Our culture is Christian, and that's the main issue.
0 Replies