Soul Brother

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 10:59 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun wrote:

Yes Soul Brother when you figure it out please tell me,
How did you get your avatar up?

Sun, to get your avatar you will need to go here http://en.gravatar.com/signup and sign up, (make sure to use the email address that you had at philforum) once you have signed up you can load up files from your computer so if the avatar that you used is still stored on your computer you should have no problem, once you you have loaded it to gravatar it should automatically carry it to your profile here (mine did).
Good luck Sun.

EDIT/ I see you already worked out youtube better than me. Stevie Wonder Ha! what happened to the world we knew! I would say it fits the picture quite perfectly.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 11:16 am
@chad3006,
Send them to us at the help desk and we'll fix them.
0 Replies

Amperage

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 11:39 am
I'm here as well. It's certainly going to take some time to fully adjust because the aesthetics were so good and inviting with the old site. As much as we all don't like to think that a book should be judged by its cover, one cannot escape the fact that the cover can and indeed does have an impact. And if you'll recall the interviews we did with people, more than a few noted the appeal of the aesthetics as one of contributing factors to their joining the forum in the first place

Ultimately it will be the discussions that make the biggest impact on this place being substantive but in terms of appealing to those looking in or just visiting in an attempt to gain new people who will contribute, there is certainly room from improvement IMO.

I haven't really explored this place fully yet but I also enjoyed being able to see which other members were online and which members were viewing the same thread as me, which I'm not sure I've seen yet on this site. It, to me, added a closeness that is otherwise lacking
jack phil

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 11:40 am
Gah! I made it!

I am not a huge fan of the colors, and its sad to see that HTML doesn't work. This will take some getting used to. If it were not for the people, I'd switch to ephilosopher or something.
Pangloss

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 11:51 am
Hey there,

I was afraid something like this might happen after Justin handed over the reigns...

To be honest, I'm not going to be posting here. This is no longer a specialized forum for philosophy discussion, there are hardly any features, and the pages are the opposite of what I consider to be aesthetically pleasing (hurts my eyes). I liked the old forum...by the way, plenty of forums still run that software just fine, without hacks or other problems.

www.philosophychatforum.com looks promising, I might turn up there. Otherwise, I just wanted to leave my email address for those old forum friends who may or may not turn up here. Feel free to contact me: bman8622@@@aol.com Perhaps we could round up everyone's email addresses and keep in contact.

That's it for me,

Pangloss
sometime sun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 11:53 am
@ehBeth,
Thank you, not just my group any longer, yours as well, we are going to blow your lobes
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 11:56 am
@ehBeth,
Cant wait to be a little inappropriate as well. (smiling sun)
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 12:00 pm
@Amperage,
It is great to have you here, give it a week or two and then see if your vision has not stabilised.
If you decide to go on from here let us all know where you are going.
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 12:01 pm
@jack phil,
Great to have you jack.
If you do decide to go over to the other side, please let me know where.
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 12:03 pm
@Pangloss,
This is saddening, I wish you would just give it 10 days and then make an informed decision.
It was great knowing what I did of and from you.
I hope we may meet again.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 12:06 pm
@Soul Brother,
Soul Brother, to embed youtube, put the youtube video url between [youtube] and [/youtube]..
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 12:28 pm
Can I just say this place is WONDERFUL, it may not cater to much for the institutionalised palate but you/I have nearly everything one could hope for from a forum.

My senses may not be able to take it but I just needed to let you know it will not be in want of trying.
0 Replies

mister kitten

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 12:45 pm
Why is there a hamster telling me I have mail? Can I rid the hamster from my sight?
mister kitten, mk, <ole here
I hope everyone else makes it.
Leonard

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 12:47 pm
@sometime sun,
I'm here. I'm confused as well and i've got phil at the end of my username (my name is not phil). I hope everyone else is here. Even so, i'll give the new site a chance since it does look interesting.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 12:47 pm
@Leonard,
Leonard phil wrote:

I'm here. I'm confused as well and i've got phil at the end of my username (my name is not phil). I hope everyone else is here. Even so, i'll give the new site a chance since it does look interesting.

It's because your name is a duplicate of one that is here - the Mods will sort this out pretty soon.

Cycloptichorn
sometime sun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 12:51 pm
@mister kitten,
That is the funniest thing I have heard all week and thank be to the Powers you are with us.
I hope everyone else does also.
I have at least 10 people off the top of my head I am starting to worry wont show.
0 Replies

Leonard

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 12:52 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Alright, thanks. I sent a message like it told me to in the email.
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 12:52 pm
@Leonard,
We need you Leonard, great to see you are here, I think anyone who gives it a shot are going to be pleased they stuck it out.
Leonard

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 12:56 pm
@sometime sun,
I agree. I'll miss whoever doesn't show up, but since everyone gets an email about the merger I doubt there will be many people who don't want to explore the new site.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 01:00 pm
@mister kitten,
Hi <ole,
I made it, but I'm checking through other forums. I won't dissappear without telling you first.
Have a great day.
Mark...