dadpad

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 10:28 pm
@fast,
You cant tell who is here and that is exactly the point. Post if you have something worth saying. read if you do not.
Content not names.

Getting tired of the whining.

I had a look at the chached page for the old philosophy forum and could not make head nor tail of it. It were crap and I did not like it. The page seemed a mess with stuff everywhere.

See what i'm saying?

we are here to help
sometime sun

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 10:30 pm
@mister kitten,
His profile is here, notice his last post, still no show.
Sad
0 Replies

Zetherin

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 10:30 pm
@dadpad,
Who's whining? He was simply asking how to tell who from the old site is here.
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 10:33 pm
@dadpad,
I agree who's whining?
And it really is not good form to bash someones home just because you like living a high life.

It would help if you did not insult us for trying to find ourselves and each other.
dadpad

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 10:45 pm
@sometime sun,
Quote:
And it really is not good form to bash someones home

Thats worth re-reading.
Zetherin

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 10:47 pm
@dadpad,
Like it or not, this is the home of all of us here. We're not just guests of this site, dadpad, this is now our home too.

What did you see that upset you so? And how can we make you change your mind about us?
dadpad

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 11:00 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:

What did you see that upset you so? And how can we make you change your mind about us?

Not all of you, not even a majority. Just the people who's first post was "I hate this place". "I'm going somewhere else" "this sucks"
That kind of thing.
We had the same kind of reaction when the old A2k was replaced with this format and that was from long standing regulars. So i understand it completely.
The only thing wrong with this web site is its new and different. The negetive reactions i have seen border on paralleling racism.
Its new its different therefore it sucks and i dont like it.

I was a little harsh perhaps but my thinking was to shock people who come into this thread into thinking a little more about giving the new format a chance rather than making decisions based on a fleeting glimpse.
sometime sun

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 11:10 pm
@dadpad,
If you think I was bashing your home you have it wrong I was inspecting it and had genuine concerns and questions and issues, which still have only been resolved by taking myself out of the rating and valuing of such things, I have had to become cold here, that says a lot don't you think, you on the other hand were never even at our old home yet you thought it an idea to bash what you have no way of ever understanding.
At least you still have your home, some of us are just trying to put down roots and stay together and keep it that way and try to find a place here with you.
Not you with us, us with you.
If you feel I have not justified my self adequately I am always open for more inspection.
Thanks kindly so kindly thanks.
sometime sun.
I hope you can still be glad I am here because I am still glad of you.

0 Replies

Zetherin

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 11:19 pm
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:
Not all of you, not even a majority. Just the people who's first post was "I hate this place". "I'm going somewhere else" "this sucks"
That kind of thing.
We had the same kind of reaction when the old A2k was replaced with this format and that was from long standing regulars. So i understand it completely.
The only thing wrong with this web site is its new and different. The negetive reactions i have seen border on paralleling racism.
Its new its different therefore it sucks and i dont like it.

I understand where you're coming. Please just understand that the voiced disapproval is more of a defensive mechanism than anything. If someone burned down your house and then gave you somewhere new to live, it's only natural to immediately find things to compare and criticize. The comfortability comes over time, though.

I'm glad to meet your acquaintance.
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 11:30 pm
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

I was a little harsh perhaps but my thinking was to shock people who come into this thread into thinking a little more about giving the new format a chance rather than making decisions based on a fleeting glimpse.

Don't you think there has been enough shock for a while.
Again I hope you do not classify me as one of these un circumspectual types as from the off set I have been trying to keep as many people here and asking them to give it a shot before leaving.
I know my topic thread could have been a little more sensitive but I just could not resist the down up combination but reread the topic, it is not a bash it is a genuine search for answers and explanations and rationalisation even a little comforting.
You will find I ask a lot of questions not just because I want to give an answer but because I wish to gain one.
I love my words and hope you will to one day.
So if I did offend I am sorry for the down, up combination.
All my best my all.
sometime sun
sometime sun
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:10 am
Fast, Zeth, Sun, et al, I'm good.
Hope you and all your members can be patient enough to find their way here.
Like I said originally we (a2k members)are here to help. The fact that you have are able to put up wih a couple of Aussies already
[Minimal & jpeers (Sp?)] speaks in your favour.
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 07:07 am
@OCCOM BILL,
how can i re-open my kitchen please help also i would like my old atavar back
salima

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 08:59 am
ok, i dont know how long i have been here now but i am beginning to get things in order. also there does seem to be lots of really nice folk here. i think about a week is long enough to gripe, and if any of us last that long then we will most likely make the adjustment.

non-attachment....ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhmmmmmmmmmm
0 Replies

salima

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 09:06 am
@fast,
check out my profile too, i have been doing the same thing as zetherin.
once you find a name anywhere you can see their profile and their posts and if they have posted anything here you will see. i went back through some old posts of mine and found people on those threads i used to frequent. also, if i couldnt find someone whose name i remembered, i would send a private message to them...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:25 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep wrote:

Can't answer the question about a kitchen. Is the door locked?

For your avatar, click here and to learn about setting your site preferences and how to set up your avatar image:

http://able2know.org/topic/152761-1#post-4167397
0 Replies

Twirlip

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:26 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep wrote:

how can i re-open my kitchen

Enable cookies? Smile
0 Replies

Soul Brother

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 12:01 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep wrote:

Hello pep. Ha! people are thinking that you are actually referring to your kitchen, what I assumed of what you said earlier "I can't find the kitchen" was that of a pun in regards to your new home, am I correct? (not actually sure), I actually could never make sense of a word you said back at phylforum, but you are a nice, friendly folk. What happened to you at phylforum anyway?

Nice to see you back.
Kielicious

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 12:33 pm
Im not gonna lie, this transition of merging the two forums seems to be more negative than positive, at least for me. I liked the old forum -everything from the looks, the quality of posts and posters, to the user-friendly applications, etc. The entire layout was much better before. The organization was much better too. Hell, everything about the old forum seemed much better. Not only has the new forum taken philosophy from the 'main stage' and pushed it into the 'kiddie corner', but the merger itself has managed to chop up my OPs into scrap with almost half of my original gone.

Needless to say, I had high hopes for this merger, but it seems to have ended in tragedy...
mister kitten

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 12:52 pm
@Soul Brother,
Pep is talking about his Sofia's Kitchen thread.

And to that I can explain: since your thread was in a group, Pep, and groups are not enabled here at the moment your thread will not show up right now. The groups and coming (hopefully), and with them will come your Kitchen.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 01:11 pm
So that we can all know what the apples and oranges being evaluated under the microscope of comparison actually look like, here are some screen shots from the cached philosophyforum.com site on Google.

Also, by the way, for those wanting access to articles and other things that haven't yet made it over here, you can still access those articles on the cached version of the philosophyforum.com. If you can't wait for Robert to move them over here, you might want to make a copy of your favorite articles and save them on your computer.

Here's the link to the cached version:

Cached version of philosophyforums.com

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_z2t3-2ANqrg/TBUsEQQdN-I/AAAAAAAABdo/W9zvN9limoo/s800/Philforum1.jpg

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_z2t3-2ANqrg/TBUsEuvIdUI/AAAAAAAABds/l2AktZcYBwU/s800/philforum2.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_z2t3-2ANqrg/TBUsEkWKZ_I/AAAAAAAABdw/mRtjzuJPvmc/s800/philforum3.jpg

It appears to me that your old philosophyforum.com had a very similar layout and structure as our old version of able2know.org before it was converted to the current layout and structure about a year ago.