Climate Change Politics

kennethamy

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 05:18 pm
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;112448 wrote:
yeah yeah. I tell you, I wish it was all a scam, bad science, and hysteria. That would be just great. I would love it if the climate scientists were all wrong and the whole thing was a beat up. Just love it. I wish I could believe it. I would sleep better. But it isn't. In ten years time, 20 years, when I die, and so on, it will be a very big issue. It is not going away. Remove head from sand.

Hmm. Somehow I cannot see that you have replied relevantly to memester's post.
0 Replies

memester

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 06:14 pm
@jeeprs,
From all this, may I safely assume that you do not take vitamin E, jeeprs ?

---------- Post added 12-18-2009 at 07:46 PM ----------

jeeprs;112448 wrote:
yeah yeah. I tell you, I wish it was all a scam, bad science, and hysteria. That would be just great. I would love it if the climate scientists were all wrong and the whole thing was a beat up. Just love it. I wish I could believe it. I would sleep better. But it isn't. In ten years time, 20 years, when I die, and so on, it will be a very big issue. It is not going away. Remove head from sand.
The "Take Vitamin Vit E and Die 7 Years Earlier" metastudy - with 1/4 million subjects, and presented in JAMA, that was convincing. Wouldn't it necessarily be one that reflects the reality ?

The dangers of selective science

BSA THE WHORES OF JAMA by LCD (old) at News Forum

If the question asked is "How mortally bad is it ? " you get a different answer than if you had asked "How very good is it ?"

different data is drawn from the same beginning batch of studies. that's why not every vitamin E study was used - only ones where people died...like 63 year old cancer patients with diabetes and heart conditions, on multiple therapies, do, now and then.

And these metastudy people on top, like Phil Jones, were being SELECTIVE, all right.

another MM...not the two MMs Smile

Quote:

Prof Mann also said he could not "justify" a request from Prof Jones that he should delete some of his own emails to prevent them from being seen by outsiders.
"I can't justify the action, I can only speculate that he was feeling so under attack that he made some poor decisions frankly and I think that's clear."
Lex Communis

Miffed Climatologists want UW-Madison to Revoke Global Warming Skeptic's PhD - MacIver Institute

MacIver Institute: "Climate Change" Archives

Quote:

If the UN is ever to be taken seriously in the future, it must act promptly to distance itself away from fraud and deceit.

That will be a very difficult task indeed, since it appears to the casual observer that Al Gore and the UN's IPCC led the way to climategate.

Best wishes for a complete and candid recovery!
Oliver K. Manuel
Former NASA PI for Apollo
Emeritus Professor of
Nuclear and Space Science
United Nations to probe climate e-mail leak

the woman in the puke-coloured suit is interesting, in the way that she conducts the scientist like a choirmaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUtzMBfDrpI&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSfcAhoG3_g&feature=related
0 Replies

xris

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 06:47 am
@xris,
xris;107547 wrote:
I think you should be wary of challenging the consensus of opinion on one rogue report.Energy and Global Warming News for October 26: Markey expands "clean coal" forged letter investigation Climate Progress
So in reality we could say we have a conspiracy. Now lets examine the evidence that is available with our own ability. Do we see the ice caps retreating? Do we have evidence that seas are becoming more acidic. Those temperatures, that are in question, are they having effects we can observe? to deny these observations because we may or may not have certain fraudulent records is bizarre. Observe my link above, does this report indicate that the arguments against global warming are dis-proven because of a few forged letters? It appears me no matter how much convincing evidence we may have for global warming one proposed gaff and the deniers think they have won the debate.

Not one denier has even attempted to remark on my link, does that imply they accept the deniers argument is biased and fraudulent?
memester

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 07:00 am
@xris,
xris;113209 wrote:
So in reality we could say we have a conspiracy. Now lets examine the evidence that is available with our own ability. Do we see the ice caps retreating? Do we have evidence that seas are becoming more acidic. Those temperatures, that are in question, are they having effects we can observe? to deny these observations because we may or may not have certain fraudulent records is bizarre. Observe my link above, does this report indicate that the arguments against global warming are dis-proven because of a few forged letters? It appears me no matter how much convincing evidence we may have for global warming one proposed gaff and the deniers think they have won the debate.

Not one denier has even attempted to remark on my link, does that imply they accept the deniers argument is biased and fraudulent?
You are confusing two items;
1/ warming, which has been going on since the last ice age ( my present location was deep under ice back then ) as well as regional cooling.

2/ man made warming due to GHG releases

You see originally the argument was that all the scientists who matter are in agreement that "x, y, an z" are true, that we are causing unprecendented warming which will lead to disaster.

and to back that up, they point out that historically, it has never happenend before.

critics say it has happened before.

The new Phil Jones reports were to show that it didn't happen before...he wants to change the historical view, to say it didn't happen ...but our local boys have shown that this is based on a new hockey stick sales graph, with Jones' "evidence" - the rings from 12 trees found in Russia

Quote:
does that imply they accept the deniers argument is biased and fraudulent?
Perhaps they are merely dismissing pathetic argumentation ?
xris

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 07:20 am
@memester,
memester;113215 wrote:
You are confusing two items;
1/ warming, which has been going on since the last ice age ( my present location was deep under ice back then )
2/ man made warming due to GHG releases

You see originally the argument was that all the scientists who matter are in agreement that "x, y, an z" are true, that we are causing unprecendented warming which will lead to disaster.

and to back that up, they point out that historically, it has never happenend before.

critics say it has happened before, in the middle ages. The arctic was melted.

The new Phil Jones reports were to show that it didn't happen in the middle ages...he wants to change historical view, to say it didn't happen ...but our local boys have shown that this is based on a new hockey stick sales graph, with Jones' "evidence" - the rings from 12 trees found in Russia
So lets get it clear your whole argument hinges on what exactly? By the way why did you not comment on my link and I'm not confused by the global warming debate.

Your argument is that there is no global warming? or there is, but its due to natural causes..You will have to make your views a bit clearer..
memester

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 07:26 am
@xris,
your link does not work for me.

but let's be clear on one thing. We now see that Phil Jones has falsisfied evidence, and East Anglia has NONE of the data it was supposed to have. they hid that fact for years.
It's been a sham.

It's no minor glitch. it's straight up fraud of the highest order with billions of dollars at stake
xris

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 07:28 am
@memester,
memester;113226 wrote:
your link does not work for me.
Try the original one or google it.
memester

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 07:30 am
@xris,
Seems it's not really a good link... eh ? bunk ?

why don't you quote relevant points from whatever bunk site you are viewing ?
xris

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 07:36 am
@memester,
memester;113229 wrote:
Seems it's not really a good link... eh ? bunk ?

why don't you quote relevant points from whatever bunk site you are viewing ?
OK but lets hear your exact opinions. Have we temperature rises or not?
memester

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 07:41 am
@xris,
Is your postition that 12 phony letters from some undisclosed proponents of the coal industry , likely prompted by lobbying efforts, proves something ?

what does it prove ?
nothing of interest ? right. nothing of interest.
xris

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 07:47 am
@memester,
Coal Group Reveals 6 More Forged Lobbying Letters - washingtonpost.com try this link
memester

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 07:49 am
@xris,
yes, 12 phony letters sent by a nobody...what does that show ?
0 Replies

xris

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 07:50 am
@memester,
memester;113233 wrote:
Is your postition that 12 phony letters from some undisclosed proponents of the coal industry , likely prompted by lobbying efforts, proves something ?

what does it prove ?
nothing of interest ? right. nothing of interest.
It proves that the coal industry is intent on confusing the argument and is fraudulently making claims it cant explain. As i expected your blinkered views are becoming crystal clear. Now tell me are we seeing temperature rises or not?
memester

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 07:53 am
@xris,
xris;113237 wrote:
It proves that the coal industry is intent on confusing the argument and is fraudulently making claims it cant explain.
Does it? or does it show that a company they hired had a problem..whether or not it actually was as they claim ( that a temp employee cheated on doing his work )?

whichever way, bad employee who was fired, bad PR firm, or bad coal industry intent ...what does this show ?
xris

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 07:57 am
@memester,
memester;113239 wrote:
Does it? or does it show that a company they hired had a problem..whether or not is actually was as they claim ( that a temp employee cheated on doing his work )?

either way, what does this show ?
What:perplexed: So they sack one guy because he was doing was expected of him. If you look at those who oppose the idea of climate change they are those with vested interests and they are using ever trick in the book to fraudulently oppose the consensus of scientific evidence. COME ON ARE WE EXPERIENCING TEMPERATURE RISES?
memester

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:01 am
@xris,
xris;113240 wrote:
What:perplexed: So they sack one guy because he was doing was expected of him. If you look at those who oppose the idea of climate change they are those with vested interests and they are using ever trick in the book to fraudulently oppose the consensus of scientific evidence. COME ON ARE WE EXPERIENCING TEMPERATURE RISES?
excuuuuuse me.....

what does 12 letters show ?

what does Phil Jones' emails show ?

I think that comparison encapsulates things nicely.
xris

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:03 am
@memester,
memester;113243 wrote:
excuuuuuse me.....what does the 12 letters show ?

what does Phil Jones' emails show ?
Stop being evasive and answer the damned question.
memester

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:25 am
@xris,
xris;113245 wrote:
Stop being evasive and answer the damned question.

hey ! first you demanded answer to the nonsense link. so you tell us what the significance is, to AGW, of 12 phony letters
xris

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:54 am
@memester,
memester;113248 wrote:
hey ! first you demanded answer to the nonsense link. so you tell us what the significance is, to AGW, of 12 phony letters
Your avoidance has been noted. I answered your question about the significance of those letters but you did not respond to that either. Its obvious to all who observe this thread that your avoidance of a direct question is blatantly obvious. It only proves that deniers such as you have no idea what your talking about and you don't even know what your own views actually are.
memester

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 09:04 am
@xris,
xris;113254 wrote:
Your avoidance has been noted. I answered your question about the significance of those letters but you did not respond to that either. Its obvious to all who observe this thread that your avoidance of a direct question is blatantly obvious. It only proves that deniers such as you have no idea what your talking about and you don't even know what your own views actually are.
you said the significance of the 12 letters is that the coal industry..blah blah".but is it the problem that the coal industry sent those letters, or requested them sent ? You've not only NOT SHOWN what you claimed, but what you claimed is meaningless, as to AGW "reality or not reality".

It's meaningless"Chicken Little" gabble.

I did answer to "if we see temperature rise"...you need to bring truth, not fictions you make up on the fly.

Much of the original data that could tell us something - entrusted to East Anglia - has been destroyed.

"Isn't the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn't it our responsibility to bring that about?"
- Maurice Strong, founder of the UN Environment Programme

David Suzuki has called for political leaders to be thrown in jail for ignoring the science behind climate change.

David Suzuki has a long history of cheating.