Rand Paul is a............

plainoldme

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 08:38 am
@failures art,
I agree with you, FA. As I read your reply in re: the intentions of the FF, I immediately thought that the FF were quite illegal.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 08:40 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Second comment I was living in Miami at the time and got to watch this circus unfold in person.

The Miami family he was place with I would not had given my pets for them to take care of and I do not understand how the government could had placed him with those people in the first place.

The Great uncle was a non working alcoholic living off his daughter and wife and the daughter would have a breakdown once a week or so.

In my opinion he was far far better off with his father in Cuba then being raised by those clowns.

plainoldme

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 08:42 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I think that the racism/ethnic discrimination here is in the thought that there could be a permanent underclass.
plainoldme

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 08:45 am
@mysteryman,
Please observe that Bill said that ways were found to deny citizenship to blacks for 100 years.
plainoldme

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 08:50 am
@BillRM,
I'm wondering . . . and I will do some research . . . if a kid wanted to return to the US badly enough and if that same child had an adult willing to act as guardian/adoptive parent, if the kid could, at age 14, return to this country.

The reason I say that is . . . at least in MA . . . a 14 year old can chose between warring parents in a custody fight and, I believe, a 14 y/o can also make himself eligible for adoption.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 08:53 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Second comment I was living in Miami at the time and got to watch this circus unfold in person.

The Miami family he was place with I would not had given my pets for them to take care of and I do not understand how the government could had placed him with those people in the first place.

The Great uncle was a non working alcoholic living off his daughter and wife and the daughter would have a breakdown once a week or so.

In my opinion he was far far better off with his father in Cuba then being raised by those clowns.
OK, lemme get this straight:
u saw the uncle drinking all the time??
and u saw the daughter having a "breakdown" once a week,
while u were looking, because u were in Miami?

and, according to YOU,
a person is better off living his life as a communist slave
than living in freedom near a person who drinks alcohol ??
Did I get that accurately?

If, for example,
YOU had to live near a person who drinks alcohol to excess,
u 'd prefer to live your life in slavery
than to live near him ???

Some people value freedom more than u do, Bill,
like ME, for instance.

David
plainoldme

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 08:53 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Gee! Elian did not know his American relatives and some of them were far too old to raise a then-six year old. After a perilous journey that included watching the death of his mother, the only humane response would have been to return the child to his loving and familiar father.
BillRM

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 08:56 am
@plainoldme,
So? you mean that you think that denailing the rights for blacks to vote was legal in any way?

Hanging them from trees was legal?

And on and on we go.

Yes they was treated badly in the south but that does not mean that the courts today will allow you to do a similar things to US citizens who skin is brown or who parents was not here legally.

plainoldme

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 08:58 am
@OmSigDAVID,
This is not to promote the Catholic Church or the violate the separation of Church and State, but, the Church teaches that the age of reason begins at 7. Elian was less than 7. For you to deny a child access to a living parent who was noted to be a loving father is horrific.
plainoldme

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 09:00 am
@BillRM,
What the hell are you talking about? I wrote in support of your post.

I would have suggested that mm read Douglas Blackmon's Slavery by Another Name but I abstained as I have suggested that book many times.

You are totally off the boards here.
BillRM

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 09:00 am
@OmSigDAVID,
He did not have a job until someone offer him one that he did not need to show up at and his daughter was taken off for treatments for nerves breakdowns more then once with the TV camera running.

As far as the Uncle drinking that I did indeed not see the bum do it was just reported many times by many people and never challenge.
BillRM

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 09:03 am
@plainoldme,
Quote:
You are totally off the boards here.

Not the first time that had occur sorry.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 09:03 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
Gee! Elian did not know his American relatives
He got to know them well enuf.

plainoldme wrote:
and some of them were far too old to raise a then-six year old.
ALL of his relatives had to be YOUNG,
according to U? Otherwise, no good ??
There can be NO old people around 6 year old kids??

plainoldme wrote:
After a perilous journey that included watching the death of his mother, the only humane response would have been to return the child to his loving and familiar father.
He now has to live out his life in communist slavery.
Y don 't u go to Cuba
or to NOrth Korea and live YOUR life in communist slavery????

Maybe the commies will let u post from there
and u can tell us how much U like it??

Have a nice trip.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 09:07 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
This is not to promote the Catholic Church or the violate the separation of Church and State, but, the Church teaches that the age of reason begins at 7. Elian was less than 7. For you to deny a child access to a living parent who was noted to be a loving father is horrific.
He is a COMMUNIST. That is worse than a nazi. There can be NO worse form of child abuse than slavery.

If a 6 year old child escaped from a burning house
and his dad were still inside demanding that the boy
come back in, u 'd force him back into the flames to the "loving father."

David
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 09:09 am
@BillRM,
Apology accepted. Thank you.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 09:15 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
He did not have a job until someone offer him one that he did not need to show up at and his daughter was taken off for treatments for nerves breakdowns more then once with the TV camera running.

As far as the Uncle drinking that I did indeed not see the bum do it was just reported many times by many people and never challenge.
Elian will now live his life as a communist slave.
That is how we treat people who have been convicted of homicide; loss of freedom.
Rather than give him to live out the decades of his life
as a communist slave, it woud have been KINDER, gentler, nicer and sweeter just to have shot him and be done with it.

David
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 09:21 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Yes David we should seized any child we can from the parents living in any country where we do not like the government and call it a slave society.

If they happen to be passing through our airports and they are from North Korea, China and Cuba we have a duty to ripped them away from their parents.

After all your opinion of what kind of live they might enjoy should overrule any parents rights to their children.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 09:22 am
@DrewDad,
Strangely enough your mistake is clearer that BillRM's and Diest's (or is now FART?)

The concept of a "permanent underclass" does not require that each of its members permanently remain in it.

It does require that there is always a group of people who can be defined as "underclass," and in this case a very large one, the members of which are dependent upon the institutionalized largess of their betters - Liberal Elites aka Democrat politicians.

It's interesting how you liberals seem to accept that there will always be an "underclass." Isn't it your goal to bring everyone above the line?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 09:29 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

I take it that you are opposed to an underclass?

There will always be those who are at the bottom rung of the ladder, everyone cannot have equal economic status.

What I am opposed to is a system that encourages people to remain at the lowest rung by enabling them to get by without exerting any meaningful effort to better themselves, and results in generations remaining addled by the stupor of government hand-outs.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 09:30 am
@failures art,
See my reply to DrewDad
0 Replies