Rand Paul is a............

plainoldme

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 06:34 pm
@mysteryman,
That sounds like you would punish the mother. Had you been a Puritan, would you have made a real life Hester Prynne leave town without her daughter?
plainoldme

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 06:35 pm
@mags314772,
Only without the high heels!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 09:21 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Its a dumb idea on his part, if he plans on passing it the way it is presented here.

I have already said how it could be done and still survive a court challenge, and I will say it again here.

If a pregnant woman comes to the US illegally just to have her baby, we let her. After all, there is nothing wrong with wantng your kids to be US citizens.

HOWEVER, we give her a choice to make.
No matter what she chooses, she is going to be deported.
Her choices are simple...

She can keep the baby and both her AND her baby get deported and the baby does NOT get US citizenship
OR
The baby gets US citizenship, but she never sees the child again. It is taken away from her and placed with another family to grow up.

Since the choice would be totally up to the mother, there is no way that it could be unconstitutional.
Do you have any children?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 09:27 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
Even assuming he had his way on this issue the notion that it would lead to the arrest of someone who was born in this country to immigrants is absurd.

Just as it was absurd that Hitler really did mean his words when it came to Jews or that the Jews who was consider by most Germans as solid citizens at the time would ever be allow to be treated as Hitler wish them to be treated.

In any case Finn my friend that is what "they" are asking the right to deport anyone who had parents here without paperwork and it is not just one man but also a group of men some of who are also in the US congress with him that are trying for this silliness and evilness.

Paul does indeed wish to deport US born citizens who happen to had been born of illegal immigrates and he only retreated somewhat from his words on the civil rights acts when hit by a tide wave of complains over the matter.

Yes, he cannot really mean what he is saying any more then Hitler could now could he and his supporters.

As for the Civil Rights Act, he never said the act or any part of it should be repealed.

He did say that he didn't agree with the section that addresses discrimination in the private sector, and that if he had been in Congress when the bill was being formulated, he would have argued against this section.

It's certainly fine to disagree with Paul. I do as respects his comments on the Civil Rights Act, and I'm undecided on his position on naturalization of children born to illegal immigrants. It's even fine to predict what the ramifications of his positions might be (although here you are making ridiculous predictions). It's not fine, though, to blatantly distort what he has said so that it allows you a flimsy semblance of legitimacy for your hyperbolic screeds.
BillRM

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 10:04 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Sorry but hate groups that Paul is part of the leadership of is targeting one of the most defenseless groups in our society for roughly the same reasons and the same purposes as the Nazis pick on the Jews 90 years ago.

In the 50s/60s Paul would had been targeting blacks also for the same reason.

Please take note by the way no real targeting of the people that are offering them jobs in the first place and therefore bringing them into the country.

Talk about the economic harm done to the Arizona by the boycott that would be nothing compared to if these nuts got their wish and all the illegals let Arizona.

Billions of dollars worth of crops would end up rotting in the fields just to start with.

Once upon a time we have an agricultural guest workers programs however the farming interests prefer an illegal work force with no rights at all.

If by some magic we was able to stop all illegal immigrates from working here and force them across the border within weeks we would need to restart the guest workers program and invited them back.

This is analogy to feeding a starving dog pack you had some need of and then one day going out and kicking them for daring to come on your property to eat the food you been placing out for them.

mysteryman

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 10:24 am
@BillRM,
Like I said, the mother would have to choose what she wants.
If she wants her baby to become a citizen, thats fine.
She would never see her child again, because she would be deported.

The choice would be entirely up to her.
mysteryman

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 10:26 am
@DrewDad,
Since when is it unconstitutional to allow a parent to choose what they want for their child.
And since it is constitutional to give up your US citizenship, how is the law (as I propose it) in any way unconstitutional?
mysteryman

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 10:28 am
@plainoldme,
If tthe mother is here ILLEGALLY, then she has broken the law and should be punished.

Remember, ILLEGALLY is the key word.
BillRM

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 10:28 am
@mysteryman,
Sorry silly person but the mother had zero rights to give up her son citizenship claims for him.

I know if hard for you to understand but his mother would had no more such rights then your parents would for you.

The only one with that power is the child when he reach adulthood.
mysteryman

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 10:29 am
@OCCOM BILL,
Yes, but since I'm not here illegally, that is irrelevent.
mysteryman

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 10:31 am
@BillRM,
But a parent does have the legal right to decide what is best for their child, as long as that child is a minor.

Sorry you dont like it, but that has always been law.
BillRM

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 10:33 am
@mysteryman,
You can punish her all you care to you can not however take away the child citizenship.

His mother, the congress short of changing the constitution or all the hate groups in the country can not do so.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 10:35 am
@mysteryman,
What you fail to understand about my question is that the religious colony of Massachusetts, it would have been illegal for Hester Prynne to have had sex with a man who was not her husband.
plainoldme

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 10:36 am
@mysteryman,
There are situations in which the parent loses that right.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 10:46 am
@mysteryman,
The mother can leaved with the child however as soon as he turn 18 he can claimed his citizenship and reenter the country.

As soon as he draw his first breathe on US soil he is a natural born citizen no matter what his mother or you or congress may wish for.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 10:47 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Since when is it unconstitutional to allow a parent to choose what they want for their child.
And since it is constitutional to give up your US citizenship, how is the law (as I propose it) in any way unconstitutional?

Because the mother cannot make that decision for the child. Once the child is born in the US, it is a US citizen, and nobody else can make the decision for the baby to give up its citizenship.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 10:55 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

But a parent does have the legal right to decide what is best for their child, as long as that child is a minor.

Sorry you dont like it, but that has always been law.

I don't think you should present yourself as an expert on the law, because you're wrong.

Children are not property; they have legal rights, and while a parent has a lot of power while the child is a minor, there are certain decisions that a parent cannot make.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 11:18 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
Like I said, the mother would have to choose what she wants.

It's not the mother's decision whether her baby, a person born in the United States, is a US citizen. The Fourteenth Amendment has already decided this for her. Even if she takes the child back to Mexico with her, it can return after coming of age.

mysteryman wrote:
If she wants her baby to become a citizen, thats fine.
She would never see her child again, because she would be deported.

You are ignoring the rights of the baby, which, being an American citizen, has rights equal to those of every other baby born in America. I wouldn't be surprised if those rights included a right to be raised by its mother if she's willing to raise it. Admittedly I don't know, because I am not a lawyer. But then again, neither are you.
mysteryman

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 11:32 am
@plainoldme,
I didnt fail to understand the reference, I just didnt thinnk it was relevant, since we arent talking about who anyone has sex with.
plainoldme

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 11:33 am
@mysteryman,
No, we were talking about law.
0 Replies