Rand Paul is a............

plainoldme

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 08:36 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I gave you an enormous hint when I wrote that we know nothing of the family dynamics.

It is entirely possible that Elian's mother Elizabet was not a freedom lover taking her child to America but a vindictive ex, revenging herself upon the father of her child by removing him.

On the other hand, it is possible that Elizabet and Juan Miguel split because she wanted to come here. However, her motives might not have been to seek what David thinks of as freedom. She just might have wanted to wear designer clothes.

The woman is dead. We have no idea what she was thinking, what motivated her and what her personal or familial goals were.

You, david, do not live in the real world.
BillRM

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 08:48 am
@plainoldme,
Talking to David plainoldme as I said it seem a worthless used of time but feel free to keep hitting you head on wall if your care to do so.

The one freedom that David does not care for is the freedom to raises you own children it would seem, or for that matter to have your parents raised you.

As an atheist I could make a similar case for removing children from parents that would install any of the major or minor religions faithes into them if I had the outlook of David.

He seem to feel that it is right and proper to removed children from any of the hundred of millions of people in the world one could labor as commies.

Good luck in dealing with such a person as he is clearly not sane.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 09:31 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
I gave you an enormous hint when I wrote that we know nothing of the family dynamics.

It is entirely possible that Elian's mother Elizabet was not a freedom lover taking her child to America but a vindictive ex,
revenging herself upon the father of her child by removing him.

On the other hand, it is possible that Elizabet and Juan Miguel split because she wanted to come here.
However, her motives might not have been to seek what David thinks of as freedom. She just might have wanted to wear designer clothes.

The woman is dead. We have no idea what she was thinking, what motivated her and what her personal or familial goals were.

You, david, do not live in the real world.
REGARDLESS of where I live, Elian shoud live his life in FREEDOM, not in slavery, as if he were being punished for felony.

We can all agree that if either parent tried to KILL him
like Andrea Yates, we shoud try to save him. Yes ?

How about if either parent tried to addict him to narcotics,
as John Phillips did to his child Mackenzie? Shoud we try to save the child, by giving assylum?

How about if a father tries to make his child spend his life
as a prisoner, a slave even tho he had escaped to freedom
and he said that he wanted to remain free? Shoud we help defend his personal freedom
or condemn him to life in a communist hell, as a slave?

I think freedom is the best way to go.

Morally, neither parent has authority to sell him into slavery
nor to GIVE him into slavery, as his father did.

The tacit issue here
is whether a child is his parents' PROPERTY or not.
If his dad sold a horse to a commie or to a nazi, that 'd be OK,
but not if he sold a boy -- or gave him away into slavery.

I argue that, he has a natural right to be free
and that his parents have no right to commit him to slavery.
That woud be the lowest, the worst form of child abuse,
much worse than a parent who was a drunk or an addict.

David

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 09:40 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
The one freedom that David does not care for is the freedom to raises you own children it would seem,
or for that matter to have your parents raised you.
This is true. I recognize sovereignty and autonomy in the person himself,
not in any of his relatives, unless he consents.

David
plainoldme

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 09:45 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Your definition of sovereignty does not match mine.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 09:46 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

plainoldme wrote:
Stop it, immediately. You have no idea what a communist is and you have outstayed your welcome.
Go to hell.

David's background is very telling. He was formerly an investigator for HUAC, the congressional panel that ruined the lives of so many innocent, productive, patriotic Americans. It was essentially a fascist organization, which explains why David fit in so well.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 09:49 am
@Advocate,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

plainoldme wrote:
Stop it, immediately. You have no idea what a communist is and you have outstayed your welcome.
Go to hell.
Advocate wrote:

David's background is very telling. He was formerly an investigator for HUAC, the congressional panel that ruined the lives of so many innocent, productive, patriotic Americans. It was essentially a fascist organization, which explains why David fit in so well.
There was nothing patriotic about them.
Thay were commies or pinko subversives.
plainoldme

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 10:24 am
@Advocate,
Do we know that to be true or is that based on david's representation of himself?
plainoldme

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 10:27 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Many of those so-called communists were just intellectually curious young people, caught in the middle of the First Great Depression, looking for economic, social and humanistic solutions to the problems America and the world faced.

Some of the persecuted attended as few as one meeting or subscribed to a publication. unlike you, they were not close minded? What happened to your love of freedom? Does one deny intellectual freedom to others and still claim to support and promote freedom?
BillRM

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 11:23 am
@plainoldme,
Plainoldme David define freedom as the freedom of doing and behaving in a manner that he approve of only.

In any case it seem this thread will never go back to Rand Paul so I will vote down a thread that I had started.

Good luck in dealing with this nut.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 11:30 am

The commies n the nazis tried to conquer and to enslave the world
with ME in it. I am a big believer in self defense.
I was then and I am now.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 11:35 am

Plain,
u have indicated that u have some children.

If the father of one of them went to North Korea or to cuba
to live in communism, and if he brought along one of his (YOUR) children at age 6,
to live out his or her live in communist slavery,
I guess u 'd APPROVE of that, right, because of the kid 's age?

David
JTT

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 02:28 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
If the father of one of them went to North Korea or to cuba
to live in communism, and if he brought along one of his (YOUR) children at age 6,
to live out his or her live in communist slavery,
I guess u 'd APPROVE of that, right, because of the kid 's age?

You were a lawyer? Two parents make decisions.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 02:45 pm
@BillRM,
My apologies to you, Bill.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 03:08 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

Do we know that to be true or is that based on david's representation of himself?

David previously bragged about working for HUAC. Would I make that up?

plainoldme

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 03:55 pm
@Advocate,
I would not accuse you of making things up but I would accuse david of exaggerating. Another poster knows david in real life, so I thought you might know him as well and that, perhaps, you knew that he worked for HUAC because through social connections. I find david's autobiography at odds with his posts.
plainoldme

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 04:04 pm
@Advocate,
Just looked up HUAC. It existed between 1938 and 1969 as HUAC but became the "House Committee on Internal Security" in 1969 and remained under that name until it was dissolved in 1975.

It has an interesting and sad history. It grew out of several other investigative bodies whose mission it was to investigate communism and, later, Nazism. When HUAC itself was organized, it was to keep tabs on German Americans and their connections to the party of Hitler and to investigate the KKK. The committee did little about the latter, because it was "an old American institution." That angers me.

The committee looked at Japanese-Americans for a short time and then concentrated on communism until the fall of McCarthy.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 06:32 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
I would not accuse you of making things up but I would accuse david of exaggerating. Another poster knows david in real life, so I thought you might know him as well and that, perhaps, you knew that he worked for HUAC because through social connections.

I find david's autobiography at odds with his posts.
????

HOW ?
0 Replies