Is the Confederate Flag a symbol of racism?

electronicmail

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 08:37 am
@panzade,
Quote:
Note how your excellent post lifted from HuffPost dovetails neatly with this agenda.

What ARE you talking about? I'm punctilious about posting quotes with proper attributions. Are links unknown where you come from? Try posting one. And another one for your source of that Crimethink vs PC definition. The FBI keeps arresting CrimeThink members for assorted illicit activities. If you care. Which I doubt, judging from the fact you've been following me online oh so diligently Very Happy
panzade

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 08:38 am
@electronicmail,
no need to be rude

Huff http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tom-ferry/self-help-why-do-we-care_b_615063.html

wikihttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CrimethInc.
panzade

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 08:42 am
@electronicmail,
Quote:
If you care. Which I doubt Very

I do care. I'd like to have a dialogue but you seem to be happier just insulting everyone.
electronicmail

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 08:43 am
@panzade,
You're the ONLY rude AND INSULTING one here, accusing me of "lifting" quotes when I'm positive I've ALWAYS made it clear someone ELSE is being quoted. Try and formulate criticism with some FACTUAL BASIS in future.

And read your own Wikipedia link:
Quote:
Individuals adopting the CrimethInc. nom de guerre have included convicted ELF arsonists, as well as hacktivists who successfully attacked the websites of DARE, Republican National Committee and sites related to U.S. President George W. Bush's 2004 re-election campaign. These activities have earned the collective irregular attention from the mainstream news media. In 2010, several CrimethInc. cells worked in collaboration with other anti-capitalists and anarchists to launch international Steal Something From Work Day,
panzade

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 08:45 am
@electronicmail,
Quote:
Which I doubt, judging from the fact you've been following me online oh so diligently

Huh? And this means what? That I'm a stalker?
Actually, I found your thread about the Dutch Tea Party interesting. And your rebuttal to Gunga about Iran very sound. But I'm slowly starting to realize your a bad mannered egomaniac. Get over yourself. Please?
panzade

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 08:46 am
@electronicmail,
Quote:
accusing me of "lifting" quotes

Where did I accuse you of anything? Show me.
electronicmail

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 08:55 am
@panzade,
[quote]your excellent post lifted from HuffPost[/quote]
Top of this page. Quoting your last post from the previous page. Is that enough to answer your request for "Show me" ?
panzade

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 08:57 am
@electronicmail,
I'm sorry. We must have different understandings of the word 'lifted". I used it as 'quoted". I didn't mean to imply that you had done anything immoral. Can we settle down now and continue the discourse?
electronicmail

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 08:58 am
@panzade,
Quote:
Huh? And this means what? That I'm a stalker?
Actually, I found your thread about the Dutch Tea Party interesting. And your rebuttal to Gunga about Iran very sound.

Well thanks. But I don't know why you can't POST and say so and instead choose to silently follow me around. Maybe that's standard procedure on this forum and if it is I apologize.
electronicmail

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 09:00 am
@panzade,
Sure. I understood you to mean "lifted" as "copied without attribution to source". Plagiarism. A form of theft. Since you meant it as simply "quoted" that clears it up. Apology accepted.

But you see that GroupthInc does advocate and practice theft?
panzade

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 09:53 am
@electronicmail,
Yes. There's no doubt that they are basically "anarchists" though the irony is in their manifesto which argues against 'pc' thinking
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 09:53 am
@panzade,
Yes. Now I understand you really do care and you clearly didn't understand how the verb "to lift" means "to steal" in this particular context. I did get very annoyed and that's because coincidentally (I think) your "lift" comment came just after I mentioned on another thread to another self-proclaimed leftist http://able2know.org/topic/139063-2#post-4188272 that her (his?) signature line was a fraud. The poster may or may not have known it was. Here's the signature line, purporting to quote Keynes:
Quote:
Signature “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” --- John Maynard Keynes (Economist, Journalist, Financier 1883-1946)

Either the poster never read ANYTHING written by that great economist (aka ignorance) OR she/he will accept anything posted on the net as gospel truth (aka stupidity). I don't know the poster so I can't tell. Yet.

And since you mention Gunga's Iran "shitstorm" thread I've concluded from his manic persistence in posting laughably counterfactual statements that he's not too stupid, or too ignorant, to KNOW he's lying through the teeth. He KNOWS he's confabulating. But WHY he persists is still a mystery to me. Any suggestions about an answer?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 09:56 am
@electronicmail,
Quote:
But I don't know why you can't POST and say so and instead choose to silently follow me around.

I just posted and said so and I don't post unless I have something to say. And I'm not silently following you around. Get over yourself.
And...I don't understand a lot of what Gunga says Very Happy
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 09:59 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
Get over yourself.
What does that frase mean ?
electronicmail

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 10:01 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Hold your horses, it was a throw-away comment following a misunderstanding, since cleared up. I don't speak for Panzade but I think he'll agree. He's just replying to an old post of mine. It's of no consequence.
electronicmail

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 10:02 am
@panzade,
Quote:
And...I don't understand a lot of what Gunga says

All the more reason he should be questioned, and questioned closely.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 10:06 am
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:
Hold your horses,
U don 't hear that said much any more; last time I heard it, Truman was President. It meant STOP!, as I understood it.

electronicmail wrote:
it was a throw-away comment
That means without value ?

electronicmail wrote:
following a misunderstanding, since cleared up. I don't speak for Panzade but I think he'll agree.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 10:08 am
@electronicmail,
Quote:
And...I don't understand a lot of what Gunga says

electronicmail wrote:
All the more reason he should be questioned, and questioned closely.
That is the technique that I employ in such instances (unless I don 't care).

David
electronicmail

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 10:12 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I wasn't born then, so my sense of the phrase was "slow down" Very Happy
electronicmail

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 10:13 am
@OmSigDAVID,
On point 2, same post

Not without value, necessarily, just not applicable pursuant to the subsequent clarification. Mind, it's his phrase, not mine, so he may disagree with my reading of it.