Hey!!! I Get To Buy Into Medicare!!!!

Green Witch

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 12:45 pm
@electronicmail,
Elec'm, I did not know, so thanks for pointing it out. I was planning to switch it out but haven't had the time. I rather like the sentiment despite the awkwardness - even if Keynes has no connection to it.
djjd62

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 12:53 pm
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:
John Maynard Keynes is an internet-perpetrated fraud.

silly, Keynes couldn't have been an internet fraud, the internet wasn't even invented, he might have been a telegraphic or telephonic fraud
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 08:41 am
@Green Witch,
I believe you. I don't know you from anywhere except this thread but most mis-quoters are not malicious fabricators so the numbers are on your side. There's more than one compendium of fake quotes
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51bD%2BTluT6L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41X5m3-vbFL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

and lots of quote-checking websites. For the Keynes fabricated quote only the bad grammar should have warned you I think, even if you never read anything of his. Since it's untraceable to whomever made it up there's no telling if he was someone trying to convey his own "sentiment" on capitalism or someone wanting to disgrace Keynesian economics. The first book has a notice to readers to mail in fake quotes to the author in case of a new edition. I don't know if it's worth doing, I've never done it myself.
Green Witch

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 11:26 am
@electronicmail,
I'm actually one of those people who is forever pointing people to sites like Snoopes. com, so you're just giving me back some of my own medicine. I don't mind, especially since it makes me nuts when I see other people doing it (the ubiquitous, poorly written essay attributed Maya Angelou drives me up the wall), and I'd rather be corrected than be blissful in ignorance.
electronicmail

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 11:35 am
@Green Witch,
Quote:
I'd rather be corrected than be blissful in ignorance.

So would I and anybody else who's honest or what's a discussion forum for? I said I didn't know you before. And I'm adding now that I'm glad to make your acquaintance Very Happy
Green Witch

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 11:40 am
@electronicmail,
Same here. Stick around. There are a lot of thoughtful fun people in this place.
0 Replies