Attempt To Blow Up US Passenger Jet

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 10:30 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

the problem about this one is that we have to rely on the security of other countries
Yeah; if he had a REAL bom,
we 'd have had a real problem.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 10:39 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

If it were up to me, we 'd do the obvious and aim at the known enemy.
Racial profiling and religious profiling (to the extent practicable) are both FINE.
If the Moslems don 't like it, then let them stay out of America.

So you would be fine if say the government decided to profile based on gun ownership? Say people who advocate for gun freedom are not allowed on planes or in government buildings. That would work for you? After all, if they want to advocate for guns, they don't have to go in those buildings, right?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 11:29 am
@engineer,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Racial profiling and religious profiling (to the extent practicable) are both FINE.
engineer wrote:
So you would be fine if say the government decided to profile based on gun ownership?
Say people who advocate for gun freedom are not allowed on planes
or in government buildings. That would work for you?
After all, if they want to advocate for guns, they don't have to go in those buildings, right?
U imply (FALSELY) that I 'd recommended keeping Moslems
off of planes and out of those buildings.
That 's not what I said.

More careful, more deliberate and meticulous attention shoud be applied
to youthful males that look Moslem or with Moslem names because thay r the ones who bom us.

I already WAS profiled (a little bit) qua gun ownership.
When beginning to change a flat tire on Rt. 380 in Pennsylvania one summer,
with my trunk open, a State police officer saw gun magazines in my trunk
(the paper kind that u read, not the metal kind that u fill with ammo)
and asked me if I had guns in my trunk.
After he saw my gun license,
he changed the tire for me.

David
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 11:42 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Certainly the US military & law enforcement services have some documents how the Nazis did such - could be really helpful, "Ahnenpass", blood certificate, Nuremberg Laws and such.
engineer

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 11:45 am
@OmSigDAVID,
But you said if Muslims are unhappy about being singled out and treated differently, then "let them stay out of America." Of course, they are only using their Constitutionally guaranteed right to practice religion and many of them were born here in the first place. If just you were subject to intensive screening at public buildings solely because you are a passionate gun owner, would you feel that a) security was enhanced by screening out potentially evil gun owners and b) it is ok because several cases of people who committed atrocities in courthouses owned guns, or would you feel that you are peacefully acting within your rights as an American and that to consider you a likely criminal because you own guns is inherently wrong and un-American?

I'm surprised that an ardent champion of second amendment rights such as yourself would not stand by someone championing his first amendment rights. Once his rights are trashed, do y0u really think yours are far behind?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 11:46 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

Certainly the US military & law enforcement services have some documents how the Nazis did such - could be really helpful, "Ahnenpass", blood certificate, Nuremberg Laws and such.
It will be enuf to see if thay look middle eastern
and if thay have Moslem names.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 11:50 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

But you said if Muslims are unhappy about being singled out and treated differently, then "let them stay out of America." Of course, they are only using their Constitutionally guaranteed right to practice religion and many of them were born here in the first place. If just you were subject to intensive screening at public buildings solely because you are a passionate gun owner, would you feel that a) security was enhanced by screening out potentially evil gun owners and b) it is ok because several cases of people who committed atrocities in courthouses owned guns, or would you feel that you are peacefully acting within your rights as an American and that to consider you a likely criminal because you own guns is inherently wrong and un-American?

I'm surprised that an ardent champion of second amendment rights such as yourself would not stand by someone championing his first amendment rights. Once his rights are trashed, do y0u really think yours are far behind?
Umar had NO RIGHTS under the US Constitution,
as an alien, when he boarded that plane and set himself on fire.
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 12:07 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

So you would be fine if say the government decided to profile based on gun ownership? Say people who advocate for gun freedom are not allowed on planes or in government buildings. That would work for you? After all, if they want to advocate for guns, they don't have to go in those buildings, right?

This is an obviously false argument, since he is only proposing using history to dictate who gets screened the most, not who gets denied entry.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 12:09 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

The Nazis put people in concentration camps and killed them. This is not very similar to what David is advocating - using the known origin of most plane bombers to decide who might receive supplementary screening sometimes.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 12:19 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Brandon9000 wrote:

The Nazis put people in concentration camps and killed them. This is not very similar to what David is advocating - using the known origin of most plane bombers to decide who might receive supplementary screening sometimes.

Well, you don't seem to have any knowledge about the German 3rd Reich's regulations re entering the country - that's exactly what
David wrote:

[/quote]

Just put Jewish instead of Moslem.
BillRM

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 12:31 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
What about a list of atheists or Jews? Would you be comfortable knowing that the US government is tracking and potentially discriminating based on this database? Do you think

Please Come completely out of hidding your main concern is not security it is being PC at whatever cost.

Second as an atheist, if atheists as a group was a few hundred or thousand time more likely to be the ones trying to bring an airliner down then the general population as a whole I would have zero repeat zero problem with being screen more because I belong to that group!!!!!!!!

Oh to your comment that Isrial airliners is not safer then American airliners please try to sell that to the passengers on the flight into Detroit

I can just see such a man with his underwear bomb getting aboard an Israel flight anywhere in the world it would not had happen and we both know it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 12:33 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
as an alien, when he boarded that plane
[/quote]

the U. S. Constitution doesn't come into play at Schiphol

High Seas

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 12:44 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:
as an alien, when he boarded that plane

the U. S. Constitution doesn't come into play at Schiphol
[/quote]
You missed the part where David said "...when he boarded that plane"; if you wish to be truly pedantic you can add "and the plane took off". All international law (ratified by both Holland and the US) confirms that planes and ships are subject to the jurisdiction of the country whose flag they fly, as are their passengers. That was a US airplane flying to the US: absolutely no question that US jurisdiction applied the moment it was 3 miles off the coast of Holland.
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 12:45 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Well, you don't seem to have any knowledge about the German 3rd Reich's regulations re entering the country - that's exactly what
David wrote:

Just put Jewish instead of Moslem.
[/quote]
It makes perfect sense to be alert to people who fit the profile of most plane bombers, and sometimes give some of them extra screening. It doesn't make sense to do it to people based on racial prejudice.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 12:47 pm
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:
: absolutely no question that US jurisdiction applied the moment it was 3 miles off the coast of Holland.

Good.

The U.S. can do their screening at that point.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 12:51 pm
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:
All international law (ratified by both Holland and the US) confirms that planes and ships are subject to the jurisdiction of the country whose flag they fly, as are their passengers. That was a US airplane flying to the US: absolutely no question that US jurisdiction applied the moment it was 3 miles off the coast of Holland.

Well, I could imagine that the 1971 Montreal Convention for the Suppression of Unlawful Acts against the Safety of Civil Aviation (24 U.S.T. 564, T.I.A.S. 7570 [effective in the United States in 1973]) is the international law in question.

(As an aside: that passenger was in transit at Schipohl - so did he enter the Netherlands?)
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 12:52 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

It makes perfect sense to be alert to people who fit the profile of most plane bombers, and sometimes give some of them extra screening. It doesn't make sense to do it to people based on racial prejudice.

I really don't want to argue about that - but do you know, Brandon, why the Nazis made that "screening"?
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 01:00 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

(As an aside: that passenger was in transit at Schipohl - so did he enter the Netherlands?)

If a plane is on the ground in Holland it is subject to the local (Dutch) law - the moment it crosses the 3-mile limit is follows the "Law of the High Seas" Smile
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 01:02 pm
@ehBeth,
As Walter has pointed out, there is a difference between water-borne and air-borne vessels - the latter of technical necessity must complete all security procedures BEFORE takeoff.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 01:14 pm
Bookmark
0 Replies