Attempt To Blow Up US Passenger Jet

BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 05:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
Now they are saying that they have not come up with any evidence that this particular loon was associated with any known terror groups, but what the hell, let's over react and spend money we don't have on "security" anyways.....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
So if a loon blow up a plane it is somehow better then if a for real terrorist blow up the same plane?

We seem to have a hole in our security no matter who had walk through the hole it is still there.

Once more your logic is sadly lacking.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 05:45 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
So if a loon blow up a plane it is somehow better then if a for real terrorist blow up the same plane?

We seem to have a hole in our security no matter who had walk through the hole it is still there.

Once more your logic is sadly lacking.

a real terrorist is much more likely to have a credible plan to achieve the desired results.
BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 05:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
a real terrorist is much more likely to have a credible plan to achieve the desired results.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh? People been blowing planes up from the beginning of commerce air flight and once more if there is a security hole then is a security hole.

The record of "real" terrorists is not that outstanding either with somewhere like a 50/50 achievement of goals.

See the first World Trade Center attack, the shoe bomber or the plots or "real" terrorists to blow up tunnels and bridges into New York that was stop way short of doing any harm.

Now let look at the two gentlemen who blow up the OK Federal Building who was working alone and I would assume under your terms not real terrorists.
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 06:05 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
The record of "real" terrorists is not that outstanding either with somewhere like a 50/50 achievement of goals

"percent completion" has never been any matter to any terrorist organization. They only need one in a few hundred to accomplish their overall goals
BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 06:23 pm
@farmerman,
percent completion" has never been any matter to any terrorist organization. They only need one in a few hundred to accomplish their overall goals
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When their plans fail badly they look like fools and that is no way to produce terror.

The shoe bomber is such an example.
roger

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 06:25 pm
Okay, I got a plan. Some guy sat in his seat and tried to blow up an airliner. Let's not let anybody out of their seats. Problem solved. Now, have I solved the problem or not?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 06:31 pm
@roger,
I really think that we need to skip t0 the chase, from this date forward let all passengers be shackled while the aircraft is underway.
roger

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 06:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yeah! Since the guy never left his seat, I think we've got a couple of winning ideas here.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 06:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
really think that we need to skip t0 the chase, from this date forward let all passengers be shackled while the aircraft is underway.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All passengers must be boarded naked after having a cavity check.

Problem solve for now.
oralloy

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 12:32 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Problem solve for now.

What about that assassination of the Saudi official (was he a prince?) by a bomber who had the explosive surgically implanted in his body?
oralloy

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 12:50 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
BillRM wrote:

Problem solve for now.

What about that assassination of the Saudi official (was he a prince?) by a bomber who had the explosive surgically implanted in his body?

I guess it wasn't surgically implanted. He had it up his rear end.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/6258137/New-al-Qaeda-body-bombs-that-can-beat-airport-security-are-alarming-terror-experts.html
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 06:49 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
When their plans fail badly they look like fools and that is no way to produce terror.

The shoe bomber is such an example

Yer fulla **** again (or as usual Billy). The richard Reid case didnt relax anyone by his incompetence. The fact that less than 1% of terrorist attempts my succeed merely intensifies the fear re the abortive attempts. MAybe this guy had only had water and carbide in his bottles (barely enough to make a good bang and just enough to cause the burns). The attempt was perhaps merely psychological and IMHO, it succeeds by becoming the media "flavor of the week". The all day news boys didnt have to resort to "tracking Santa on radar" to fill in their news on Christmas.
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 06:51 am
@roger,
Quote:
2 Reply report Sat 26 Dec, 2009 07:25 pm Okay, I got a plan. Some guy sat in his seat and tried to blow up an airliner. Let's not let anybody out of their seats. Problem solved. Now, have I solved the problem or not?

You havent gone far enough. We ashuffle everybodies tickets, separate everybody from their personal belongings, then we cuff AND blindfold everyone.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:06 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
You havent gone far enough. We ashuffle everybodies tickets, separate everybody from their personal belongings, then we cuff AND blindfold everyone

Yes, we all know that everything is fair when pursuing the safety of Americans, as we further pursue societal bankruptcy, invade foreign lands with our army for little or no reason, allow our drinking water supply to become increasingly polluted with known poisons, allow our ground beef and produce supply to be constantly infected with bacteria that does not agree with us, and so on and so on....
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:48 am
@hawkeye10,
Please try to allow me to keep up with your fevered logic hawkbreath. Its difficult enough to get a handle on this guy , let alone worry about water pollution and ALar in apples in the same thread.

You have a merry New year hear?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:51 am
So for the "safety" of the passangers, the genious in TSA and the US Govt should try :

1. Make sure your TSA manual is not posted on the internet. This way the bad guys won't figure out new ways to blow up planes

2. Make sure folks on terror suspect lists do not get Visas which let them get on planes.

Nah...That's too hard. Let's inconvienence the 99.9% of the passangers.

BRILLIANT!!!
BillRM

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 10:29 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
The fact that less than 1% of terrorist attempts my succeed merely intensifies the fear re the abortive attempts. MAybe this guy had only had water and carbide in his bottles (barely enough to make a good bang and just enough to cause the burns). The attempt was perhaps merely psychological and IMHO, it succeeds by becoming the media "flavor of the week". The all day news boys didnt have to resort to "tracking Santa on radar" to fill in their news on Christmas.
0 Replies

Farmerman I myself know of no one who has any great fear of flying because of the possibility of a terrorist attack on a plane.

So far I had seen little panic or fear generated by these attacks in the US.

In fact, I had seen comments on TV already attacking some of the more silly so call added safeguards being place on flying because of this attack.

The terrorists seem to be failing in generating terror and so far at least seem only able to mainly annoy the American population.

My first reaction was **** now what more will they add to the burden of flying because of this attack in the name of security not oh my I am more likely to die next month traveling to La Vegas.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 10:30 am
@woiyo,
I see they had the goods on his substance. It was pentaerythrotol. I believe he was trying to nitrify it with concentrated HNO3 and this failed when he was setting it off. Since thios **** is a booster and used in det cord. It usually takes a goodly smack to set it off (even though its more rective than most explosives). We use blasting caps when we set off PETN to use as a booster for the real charge (which is very stable until smacked with this stuff.)

They said he was mixing his final material in the restroom . It probabbly didnt go to completion and he was stuck with a firestarter and not an explosive.

The problem is that finding the HNO3 is difficulot with a sniffer cause theyd load the bottle and then wsh it clean of any residual Nitrogen smell.

We need better sniffer dogs not chemical equip like GC's.
BillRM

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 10:36 am
@farmerman,
Lord farmerman from the stories his own father contacted the US government and he purchase a one way ticket with cash and was traveling on an international flight with no luggage.

We need to get our own act together and pick up this kind of behavior first before worrying about getting more dogs at the gates.
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 10:45 am
@BillRM,
Holy ****, I agree. Weve not learned a goddam thing from 9/11 apparently. This guy was on more watch lists than Taylor Swift and the US agencies never coorinated anything. The entire network of terror interdiction needs a major shakeup. I still remember the days of "brownie and Chertoff" and we havent seemed to move a step farther.