Attempt To Blow Up US Passenger Jet

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 10:08 pm
@ossobuco,
Ok, a lot of other fooforaw going on, and I'll back out of this, now thinking not your random person.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB126178158688405369.html?mod=rss_com_mostcommentart
farmerman

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 10:32 pm
@ossobuco,
Theres only a few binary explosives that generate enough overpressure to do a job like this guy wanted to do while landing a plane. One of them wont generate enough to do anything but scare the passengers and crew . However, this could just have been a test case to get by the sniffers , since they are geared to pick up Nitrogen explosives not hydrocarbons.

This may just have been a " Qaeda school exercise", Id keep my intensity for bomb detection high.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 10:32 pm
aacck.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB126178158688405369.html?mod=rss_com_mostcommentart

I guess I don't know anything, re how to resolve all this.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 11:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

this makes zero sense....if you are going to blow an aircraft you do it at max elevation
so that decompression will hopefully destroy the craft and kill everyone. Plus the "explosive" did not work.

Perhaps what we have here is an extremely stupid terrorist. Maybe it was a prankster.
If he was a prankster, then as a non-passenger on that flite,
I find a lot of humor in his prank,
insofar as he was "severely burned."

Do u think Al Quaeda will revoke his Terrorist's License?

David
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 12:06 am
Ah, well, seems I was quite wrong -

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/12/25/national/a120358S19.DTL&tsp=1
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 12:29 am
@ossobuco,
Any attention seeking Tom, Dick and Umar can claim to be part of Al-Qaida these days. In the old days one needed to at least go through boot camp in Afghanistan......there were standards.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 12:35 am
He 's a disgrace to terrorism.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 01:08 am
@hawkeye10,
Still, I took him as a playful nut. My bad.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 02:14 am
@ossobuco,
Because the serious loon and the playful loon are completely different animals??

because of the shoe bomber we now need to remove our shoes through security, which is a serious pain in the ass. Now I suppose that we will need to either remove our pants or otherwise show some leg. Fun times.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 03:47 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Intrepid has never been able to get around my advocating for greater sexual freedom for teenagers. According to him my belief about the correct course of action on this single issue makes me a monster requiring slaying.

That has absolutely nothing to do with this issue.

BTW.. I do not advocate the slaying of anybody.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 09:41 am
@hawkeye10,
never claimed to know....if the government is right then this would be terrorist is incompetent, however given past performance I have a boatload of reasons to doubt the veracity if the claim made by the white house official today.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry there is a small hole in your logic if you take a plane down in the middle of the ocean then it might never be known that it was a terrorist attack.

A plane being destroy just on landing by such a attack with bodies all over the place is far more powerful.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 09:48 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
advocating for greater sexual freedom for teenagers.
When you are talking about 13 years olds I will go along with Intepid.Add that this go double when you are talking about a 13 year olds or so and a growth adult.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 10:26 am
WARNING! WARNING!

Attempt to blow up thread by sexual terrorists!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 10:28 am
It is good the guy was severely burned. It will 'sear' the experience into his memory so much better.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 11:32 am
Quote:
According to a statement posted Saturday morning on Air Canada’s Web site, the Transportation Security Administration will severely limit the behavior of both passengers and crew during flights in United States airspace " restricting movement in the final hour of flight. Late Saturday morning, the T.S.A. had not yet included this new information on its own Web site.

“Among other things,” the statement in Air Canada’s Web site read, “during the final hour of flight customers must remain seated, will not be allowed to access carry-on baggage, or have personal belongings or other items on their laps.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/27/us/27security.html?hp

Oh God, here we go .......
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 11:40 am
@hawkeye10,
we will let you pee in a cup.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 01:17 pm
Quote:
Canada, Belgium and France began physically screening passengers and checked bags at boarding gates for flights bound for the United States, authorities said. The Canadian government said the new screening, in addition to a new limit of one carry-on bag per passenger, "are effective immediately and will remain in effect in parallel" with what sources said will be a forthcoming announcement by the U.S. government.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/25/AR2009122501355.html?hpid=topnews

Now they are saying that they have not come up with any evidence that this particular loon was associated with any known terror groups, but what the hell, let's over react and spend money we don't have on "security" anyways.....
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 01:40 pm

This terrorist had a good idea, -- but bad timing.

For optimal results, all future terrorists
shud be required to set themselves on fire ` BEFORE boarding the plane.

David
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 05:08 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Im more interesetd in what the IED was made of.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 05:12 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Im more interesetd in what the IED was made of.

I am interested in the potential negative effects of the materials he had in the quantities that he had them aboard an aircraft.
0 Replies