Gay Marriage Vote Passes in DC City Council

Ionus

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 06:17 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
What problems could it possibly produce? What related 'wrongs' could be righted, that this will screw up? Other than to scare homophobes and bigots, I can't imagine what you think the effects would be.
It is previous in this thread. It is not my fault you wont or cant read it.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 06:21 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
What problems could it possibly produce? What related 'wrongs' could be righted, that this will screw up? Other than to scare homophobes and bigots, I can't imagine what you think the effects would be.
It is previous in this thread. It is not my fault you wont or cant read it.

Well, I assumed you were referring to your idiotic 'homosexuality is a mental disorder' part. What a load of bollocks; the truth is that homoPHOBIA is a disorder, whereas homosexuality is decidedly normal.

Be specific! Surely you aren't embarrassed to defend your ideas?

Cycloptichorn
Diest TKO

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 06:33 pm
I would normally at this point point out that American Psychological Association (APA) has over it's long history reversed its stance that homosexuality of a form of mental illness.

However, Ionus probably thinks he knows better than a study. He is the arbiter of all things.

T
K
O
sstainba

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 06:36 pm
To that point, my friend is a board certified internist and psychiatrist (who is also republican) and does not believe that homosexuality is a mental disorder.
Ionus

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 06:44 pm
@Diest TKO,
I refuse to believe you are stupid enough to say it is a study therefore it must be true. Tell me you are not that stupid .
Ionus

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 06:46 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
'homosexuality is a mental disorder'
Show me where I said that or learn to read.
Ionus

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 06:47 pm
@sstainba,
Neither do I. Homosexuality is not a mental disorder.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 06:53 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

I refuse to believe you are stupid enough to say it is a study therefore it must be true. Tell me you are not that stupid .

A study only supports an argument. Your arguments remain unsupported. I posted the AAP study because it carries a much greater weight than your simple opinion about children and homosexuals.

You've still failed to show how a state has an interest in letting infertile couples marry, or let single parent homes keep their children if things are as you say and marriage rights are in place for children.

Your failure to address these points is very telling of the shallow depth in which you understand this topic. You've never had the "upper hand" in a discussion where you can't support your arguments.

T
K
O
Ionus

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 07:09 pm
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
Your arguments remain unsupported.
My arguments are supported by thousands of years of collective experience. When I get bored I will find a study that supports my position.
Quote:
You've still failed to show how a state has an interest in letting infertile couples marry
I am not going to spam this site because you can only read what you like to see.
Quote:
let single parent homes keep their children if things are as you say and marriage rights are in place for children.
Do you want to remove children from their natural parents ? Why would you suggest such a thing ?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 07:48 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Homosexuality is a symptom of a mental problem that should be treated but it is very low on the list, and rightly so.

Your own words, bigot. And don't try to pull any 'I said problem, not disorder' pansy ****. You know exactly what you said and meant; you're just walking back from revealing more than you intended earlier.

Cycloptichorn
Diest TKO

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 08:05 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
Your arguments remain unsupported.
My arguments are supported by thousands of years of collective experience. When I get bored I will find a study that supports my position.

Can't wait.

Ionus wrote:

Quote:
You've still failed to show how a state has an interest in letting infertile couples marry
I am not going to spam this site because you can only read what you like to see.

You seem to think you've addressed this. I believe you think you have.

Ionus wrote:

Quote:
let single parent homes keep their children if things are as you say and marriage rights are in place for children.
Do you want to remove children from their natural parents ? Why would you suggest such a thing ?

It is what YOU suggest Ionus. I'm only enlightening you to the baggage that comes with YOUR argument.

You fail to see that a state cannot use children as the justification for refusing the right to marry gays because it would mean that infertile couples would be ineligible and it would leave a contradiction in the support of single parents.

The state has a interest in looking out for children INDEPENDENT of the parent's marital status or sexual orientation, so to use the argument that children gays can't have the right to marry because marriage is for families with children or families that will have children ignores:

1) Not all families have children.
2) Many homosexuals have children.
3) Children are afforded protections when they are born, not when their parent (or parents) get married.

T
K
O
Diest TKO

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 08:06 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Ionus wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Homosexuality is a symptom of a mental problem that should be treated but it is very low on the list, and rightly so.

Your own words, bigot. And don't try to pull any 'I said problem, not disorder' pansy ****. You know exactly what you said and meant; you're just walking back from revealing more than you intended earlier.

Cycloptichorn

Beat me to the punch.

I wonder if this guy keeps track of what he says?

T
K
O
Ionus

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 08:14 pm
@Diest TKO,
Someone beat you to the punch AGAIN ? tch tch
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 08:21 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Your ESP is astonishing ! Do you do bar mitzvah 's ? Clown impersonations are all the rage ! I can see why you chose a one eye for your avatar. When you are a big boy, hopefully one or both will drop sooner or later, you will realise the difference between a symptom and an illness. Your inability to understand English, trying to correct already correct spelling and in general making an all round fool of yourself is a symptom. Stupidity is the disease. Say it with me...SYMPTOM...good boy ! Well done ! For homework tonight, learn how to spell spelt.
Ionus

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 08:37 pm
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
It is what YOU suggest Ionus.
Wrong again. I do not.
Quote:
You fail to see that a state cannot use children as the justification for refusing the right to marry gays because it would mean that infertile couples would be ineligible and it would leave a contradiction in the support of single parents.
Your inability to read is getting depressing but you do keep trying...There is no right to marriage. You made that up. Any man and woman can get married if they fulfill other criteria by law. There is no contradiction with single parents. They are allowed to get married if the choose to, providing they fulfill the legal obligations.
Quote:
to use the argument that children gays can't have the right to marry
I am used to you being non-sensical but that takes the cake. What the hell are you talking about ?
Quote:
Not all families have children.
Correct.
Quote:
Many homosexuals have children.
Also correct. Hey, you are on a roll..dont stop now you might be getting the hang of it...
Quote:
Children are afforded protections when they are born, not when their parent (or parents) get married.
Wrong ! Never mind. I know how hard it must be for you. Children are afforded protection when they can not be legally aborted. When they are born they are afforded individual human rights. When they are born into marriage they are afforded legal rights involving money.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 11:39 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Your ESP is astonishing ! Do you do bar mitzvah 's ? Clown impersonations are all the rage ! I can see why you chose a one eye for your avatar. When you are a big boy, hopefully one or both will drop sooner or later, you will realise the difference between a symptom and an illness. Your inability to understand English, trying to correct already correct spelling and in general making an all round fool of yourself is a symptom. Stupidity is the disease. Say it with me...SYMPTOM...good boy ! Well done !

Neither being patronizing nor engaging in sexualized baiting has any affect on the conversation. Resorting to engaging in it is usually a sign of anger and immaturity on the part of the writer.

Saying that Homosexuality is a 'symptom' of a problem is no different than saying that it is a problem itself. You are still alleging that it is something to be 'fixed' or ashamed of; it is neither, and the only ones who think it is are displaying bigotry, exactly as you are doing here.

Quote:
For homework tonight, learn how to spell spelt.

I don't know what dictionary you're using, but in America, Spelt is a usually a plant, not a way of saying 'spelled.' -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelt

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Spelled

Cycloptichorn
Ionus

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 01:55 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
has any affect on the conversation
Its a conversation now ? I dont converse with people who call me :
Quote:
illogical and childish,Homophobic, teenager,bigot,******* bigots, idiocy, uneducated fool, idiotic , bigot, pansy ****
and what do you have to say about this :
Quote:
Neither being patronizing nor engaging in sexualized baiting has any affect on the conversation. Resorting to engaging in it is usually a sign of anger and immaturity on the part of the writer.
You dont have a brain in your head. You are a hypocrit who would make a good Nazi, it is just that the PC got you first. You have been brainwashed and are totally ignorant of your own stupidity.

Quote:
Saying that Homosexuality is a 'symptom' of a problem is no different than saying that it is a problem itself.
You have no idea of what you are talking about, do you ? If you are pathetic at arguing, that is a symptom. That you are of limited intelligence is the problem. If you have a headache, that is a symptom. If you have a brain tumuor that is a problem. But this is beyond your limited understanding . Maybe you should ask momma.

Quote:
You are still alleging that it is something to be 'fixed' or ashamed of
No, I am not and this is obvious to anyone but not you..why do you suppose that is...I think it is telling that you jump to that conclusion though. Perhaps you are not as correct as you think you are..

Quote:
the only ones who think it is are displaying bigotry
Well, we agree on something, you are a pathetic hypocritical bigot.
I do know what dictionary I am using, and it is written in English, not American. You do know the language is called English, dont you ?
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 03:45 am
@Ionus,
At this point dude, there is no point in trying to help you. Your failure to understand the most basic elements of the issue give me no hope that you currently have the capacity to comprehend the more complex issues involved.

Your argument employs two standards which would have significant impacts on other groups otherwise uninvolved in the issue. Your denial of this only demonstrates an intellectual infant that is ashamed of the baggage it carries.

You've tried your best to dance around the most basic and clearly demonstratable error in your argument. Alas, you are not a graceful dancer.

The fat - Gays are being married right now in various parts of the world and here in the USA. Where gays are getting married, the sky is not falling. The inclusion (historically speaking, the reintroduction) of gays into the institution of marriage is not something we have to speculate about what the effects will be. It is not a theoretical situation, but a real one. The inclusion has not reduced the rights/privileges of straight couples. Unless the inclusion of gays had some external effect on the rights and privileges that came with marriage, the state has no compelling reason to prohibit their inclusion.

The skinny - Letting homosexuals marry does not harm you, or the state. There is no ethical justification in saying they can't marry.

T
K
O
Ionus

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 04:37 am
@Diest TKO,
Just look at your psuedonom - Diest TKO - delusions of grandeur ? Think of yourself as a capable fighter ? You are trying to help me ? Laughing You want me to say how righteous you are, but you are nothing but a Nazi . Even though you dont understand its meaning, you are politically correct and a bigot to boot. KO my arse.
Diest TKO

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 04:46 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
KO my arse.

You're arguments are self defeating. You were on your ass before the bell rang.

T
K
O