Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 01:52 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Somehow the end result is likely that their enemies would end up collecting their penis/balls and displaying same to the next wave of such fools coming on exposed.

Yes seeing your uncle balls on a stick as you close with your enemies would not be good for your peace of mind<grin>.

Well, you clearly have no idea about ancient periods (in Europe).
No idea at all.
Sglass

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 02:09 pm
Bill if you went to battle nikkid I don't think anyone would notice.

Two inches more you'd be a king.

Two inches less you'd be a queen.

If you took the cotton of your ears and stuffed it your mouth you might learn something.

Do you know what they do with trolls on A2K. They cut off their testicles and put them on sticks. Dip them in gasoline and set them aflame, then form a circle singing "Great Balls of Fire" you should have stayed home with momma.
Ionus

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 04:11 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
I came here for the pictures, am leaving disappointed.

Sorry McGentrix..would some pictures of me skyclad offest the disappointment or make it worse ? Last time I looked I was male but I have since lost the magnifying glass so I dont think I would have fought naked although the concept is to show no fear and to distract the enemy.
Very Happy
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 04:16 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Yes, they had a long history and seem to have been genetically incorporated into the Roman Empire and culturally exterminated. But my point that I hope to prove is that Boudeciea was harshly treated by the Romans because she went there naked.
Ionus

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 04:19 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry......many thanks...
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 04:28 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walt, I first thought it was apicture of Etruscans...I know little about them before the Roman period.
Sglass

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 06:13 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus do you have a copy of Seums MacManus' "The Story of the Irish Race", it is an excellent book.
Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 06:13 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Yes, they had a long history and seem to have been genetically incorporated into the Roman Empire and culturally exterminated

By the time of the collapse of the Roman Empire in the West (late 6th cent. c.e.), those Gauls who had not emigrated to the British Isles had become thoroughly Romanized; the people we think of as Romans living in Gaul were, in fact, Gauls who no longer spoke any Gaelic. But I wonder if it's fair to say that they were "culturally exterminated." The Romans seem to have gradually incorporated more and more Gaellic motifs into their own decorative arts; so it seems to have been more of a proces of amalgamation rather than suppression.

Quote:
But my point that I hope to prove is that Boudeciea was harshly treated by the Romans because she went there naked.

Everything I've read about Boudecea indicates that nobody would have wanted to see that over-muscular Amazon naked. No offense. Embarrassed Embarrassed
Sglass

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 06:16 pm
Oh, meant to tell that your avator is fabulous. IRA eh?
BillRM

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 07:53 pm
@Sglass,
Hell it at least 3 inches..................
BillRM

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 08:09 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Well, you clearly have no idea about ancient periods (in Europe).
No idea at all.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Sure, do not have that understanding however, I have this mental picture of such a naked group of insane people attacking such military forces as a Roman legion, or Alexandra the Great troops or Byzantium heavy cavalry troops or the Spartans and so on and so on.

Hell Alexandra boys face up to charges of armor war elephants; therefore, I do not think that your naked warriors are going to impress those kinds of men.

This is silly on the face of it gentlemen.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 08:11 pm
Hannibal's force was much reduced by "wastage" by the time he emerged from the Alps into Cisalpine Gaul (northern Italy). One of the allies whom he employed to great effect in his battles with the Romans was the Gauls of Cisalpine Gaul. They went into battle naked. Hannibal made minced meat of the Romans.
BillRM

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 08:18 pm
@Setanta,
They went into battle naked.
-----------------------------------------------
Sure they did.................
Ionus

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 08:18 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Quote:
The Romans seem to have gradually incorporated more and more Gaellic motifs into their own decorative arts
Motifs, yes, ( and wepaonry and armour) but their lifestyle was changed and their religion destroyed, two major aspects of culture. In the case of the Spanish Celts, it took a long process of revolts by tribes almost one at a time with their enemy being the Celts next door AND the Romans; quite a powerful combination. A similar but far quicker process occured in France.

I saw one estimate that said the number of Celts killed in the Roman Wars probably was more than the rest of the peoples put together. Cultures have a habit of falling when there is great population loss.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 08:25 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

They went into battle naked.
-----------------------------------------------
Sure they did.................

That's right, they did. Given the amount of ignorant bullshit you post continuously at this site, you've got a gall to dispute anyone else. Clown.

(Did anyone smoke the joke?)
Ionus

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 08:25 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Quote:
Everything I've read about Boudecea indicates that nobody would have wanted to see that over-muscular Amazon naked.
So thats where my muscles are...
When Boudecea and her two daughters went to negotiate the loss of her lands when her husband died, Boudecea was flogged (too ugly to rape ?) and her two young daughters were raped, all publicly. Under Roman Law, they were right to confiscate them. Under Celtic Law, she had been robbed. But why the public humiliation and why rape ? It was usual for Romans to apply the punishment to the crime. They burned arsonists, traitors were humilated by crucifixion, lazy soldiers were beaten by their fellow soldiers, etc. My theory is that Boudecea and her two daughters went to negotiate naked as per Celtic custom.
Ionus

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 08:30 pm
@Sglass,
Quote:
Oh, meant to tell that your avator is fabulous. IRA eh?
Women dont mind the big gun but the hairy legs turns them off. Actually my Grandfather came from Lancaster, England emigrating to Australia. My father, my mother, my 5 uncles, several aunties, my first wife and I all served in the Australian Army. No, not IRA...but I did get drunk at the Irish Club once and vomit green...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 08:30 pm
That may well have been the case--but as for why the Romans sent to the Iceni behaved as they did, i'd say sheer stupidity and arrogance. Tens of thousands of people paid with their lives for the stupidity--and then tens thousands of Iceni paid with their lives when Suetonius caught up with them.
BillRM

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 08:39 pm
@Setanta,
That's right, they did. Given the amount of ignorant bullshit you post continuously at this site, you've got a gall to dispute anyone else. Clown.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes I surely do however the fact remain that just because some writer claimed a few hundred years later that they fought like animals and was naked does not mean that they fought like animals or was naked.

Men who fight like animals against a military force such as the Roman legions would die like animals in a very rapid manner. Being naked also when your enemies was armor and in ranks would also not tend to allow you to live a very long life.

An another example of this is when some writer claimed that Jesus bought a long dead man back to life that does not mean that it happen either.

History is full of myths and bullshit claims.

0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 08:53 pm
@BillRM,
Really, naw.

Most people have at least six inches between their ears. It's called a brain.

As of now you are officially on ignor.