Young folk singer dead after attack by coyotes in Nova Scotia park

Intrepid

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 04:30 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

The inanity of this thread grows more inane and the insanity more insane with each new post. Mind-boggling.

This one of the more sane posts.
djjd62

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 05:07 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Merry Andrew wrote:

The inanity of this thread grows more inane and the insanity more insane with each new post. Mind-boggling.

This one of the more sane posts.

hurray for MA

0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 08:59 pm
I think it's just good to keep in mind that coyotes can be dangerous, and that they tend to prefer country music to folk.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 09:22 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

parados wrote:

Having read this thread I can only say one thing.

David reminds me of a lunatic on the streets of NYC.
He is always happy and willing to use a dead body as a soap box to climb up on and rant.
Well, I am happy, most of the time; an optimist, by nature.
Just an optimist leading a quiet life.

Thank u for your concern, Parados.

David

There is no concern for you on my part David. I am only observing that you act a certain way.

However if you happened to live next to me, I would be concerned enough to report your behavior to the authorities as a possible threat to yourself and others. It's probably a good thing for you that most of us don't carry guns. Someone probably would have shot you long ago out of fear of the way you act.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 10:14 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

parados wrote:

Having read this thread I can only say one thing.

David reminds me of a lunatic on the streets of NYC.
He is always happy and willing to use a dead body as a soap box to climb up on and rant.
Well, I am happy, most of the time; an optimist, by nature.
Just an optimist leading a quiet life.

Thank u for your concern, Parados.

David

There is no concern for you on my part David. I am only observing that you act a certain way.

However if you happened to live next to me, I would be concerned enough to report your behavior to the authorities as a possible threat to yourself and others. It's probably a good thing for you that most of us don't carry guns. Someone probably would have shot you long ago out of fear of the way you act.
From your posts, u seem to be imagining things, Parados.
Do u have a history of delusions?

WHAT behavior is this, specificly, concerning "a possible threat" as u put it,
to myself and to WHAT "others" do u have in mind?

Will u reveal what "behavior" this is that u 'd "report to the authorities" ?

David
joefromchicago

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 10:15 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:
Isn't that nice. The two lawyers (David & Tico) are ok with every Canadian being mauled and killed by coyotes.

Well, I'm a lawyer and I like Canadians. Especially when they're covered in brown gravy and cheese curds.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 10:26 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Isn't that nice. The two lawyers (David & Tico) are ok with every Canadian being mauled and killed by coyotes.

Relax, it's just a case of showing professional courtesy to the coyotes.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 06:34 am
@parados,
David DID say he was old. Maybe he thinks he is in the old wild, wild west. Maybe he is a contemporary of William Bonney. Laughing
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 07:27 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:
Isn't that nice. The two lawyers (David & Tico) are ok with every Canadian being mauled and killed by coyotes. You are a credit to your profession and the human race.

Oh, relax. The sentiment I agree with is that if you feel so strongly about this issue, if you feel the right to bear arms is not important and you completely reject your ability to defend yourself, then by all means walk unarmed into the woods.
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 07:27 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:
We ARE the British, you moron.

Then why do you speak French ... Huh? Huh?
Intrepid

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 07:29 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

Intrepid wrote:
We ARE the British, you moron.

Then why do you speak French ... Huh? Huh?

Who said I speak French? The French speak French and some others since it is an official language of Canada. Do you speak Spanish in the states?
Intrepid

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 07:34 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

Intrepid wrote:
Isn't that nice. The two lawyers (David & Tico) are ok with every Canadian being mauled and killed by coyotes. You are a credit to your profession and the human race.

Oh, relax. The sentiment I agree with is that if you feel so strongly about this issue, if you feel the right to bear arms is not important and you completely reject your ability to defend yourself, then by all means walk unarmed into the woods.

You, apparently, are unaware that we have gun laws in Canada and not everyone can walk around with a gun. I happen to have a possession licence, but I do not have the need to take gun anyplace.

We don't have amendments to make us act all paranoid. Do you know how few deaths there are from animals in the woods? There are far more deaths from accidental death with guns.

Oh, and btw, one can defend themselves through other means than a gun.
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 08:10 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:
Who said I speak French?

Not I.

Quote:
Do you speak Spanish in the states?

Is that the royal "you"? I don't believe it's the official language yet.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 08:10 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:
You, apparently, are unaware that we have gun laws in Canada and not everyone can walk around with a gun.

What did I say that lead you to believe I was unaware of this? That was largely my point.

Quote:
We don't have amendments to make us act all paranoid.

Are you suggesting the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution makes Americans act paranoid?

Quote:
Do you know how few deaths there are from animals in the woods? There are far more deaths from accidental death with guns.

I don't follow. I thought we were discussing a Canadian folk singer who was killed by coyotes in the woods.

Quote:
Oh, and btw, one can defend themselves through other means than a gun.

I quite agree. Which means do you advocate?
parados

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 08:14 am
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
Are you suggesting the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution makes Americans act paranoid?

Are you suggesting David's paranoia comes from something other than the 2nd amendment?
parados

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 08:22 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
From your posts, u seem to be imagining things, Parados.
Do u have a history of delusions?

I hardly think I am imagining that you turned a simple thread about the tragic death of a folk singer into a continuous rant about guns.

If you were to show up at a funeral or a wake or even just a coffee shop where her death came up in discussion in my neck of the woods and do such a thing, you would be asked to leave. If you didn't leave but continued to rant about guns, the police would be called.
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 08:25 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
Quote:

Are you suggesting David's paranoia comes from something other than the 2nd amendment?

I've not suggested David is in any way paranoid. Are you suggesting it was paranoia that prompted the 2nd Amendment? Are you suggesting the 2nd Amendment should be rescinded?
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 08:26 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
If you didn't leave but continued to rant about guns, the police would be called.

I was not under the impression that David lived in Canada.
parados

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 08:34 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

parados wrote:
Quote:

I've not suggested David is in any way paranoid.
You also seem to be ignoring the references to his paranoia by others. Blissful ignorance doesn't seem to be working out for you there Tico.

Quote:
Are you suggesting it was paranoia that prompted the 2nd Amendment?
No, and there is nothing in my statement to imply that, since David didn't write or sign the bill of rights.

Quote:
Are you suggesting the 2nd Amendment should be rescinded?
The world would be impossible if we eliminated everything that someone was paranoid about. But if we wanted to get rid of those things people might be afraid of, shouldn't we start with Shakespeare's advice from 400 years ago, and "kill all the lawyers"?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 08:37 am
@Ticomaya,
Nor was I under the impression I lived in Canada. David's actions are socially unacceptable in most of the world. I really can't think of any place where it would be acceptable for a person not related to arrive at a tribute to someone that is recently deceased and start ranting about how they wouldn't have died if only they had a gun. Could you tell me where those places are in the physical world? I think I will like to avoid them.