Young folk singer dead after attack by coyotes in Nova Scotia park

Intrepid

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 01:55 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Intrepid wrote:

5..I did not imply that you encouraged over aggressiveness.

I implied that you are a moron.

So, according to u, Richard, the INTELLIGENT way to handle the problem was to do so as she actually DID ?

(I infer that she probably turned her back and ran from the coyotes.)

David

C'mon, David. Bring some maturity to the discussion.

You say that according to me the intelligent thing to do was to do what she did. How is that according to me when I have never made such a statement, nor implied such.

Nobody knows what she did and exactly what the circumstances were. If you have direct knowledge to the contrary, please share it with us.

You should really get somebody to proof readyour posts before you are allowed to post them. It may save you a lot of embarrassment.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 01:57 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

Intrepid wrote:
I'd be willing to take that chance. My brother and I were chased by two black bears years ago and we emerged unscathed without having or using a gun. David would be a pussycat in comparison.

You fought two black bears, or you ran from two black bears?

I submit that in my post I did not make claim to fighting anything. I avoided the bears which is the best way to handle the situation. Of course, I would not have had that opportunity if I was extremely close to the bears when we acknowledged each other.
Intrepid

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 02:00 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

If I lived in Canada, the first thing I 'd do is to MOVE.

David

I would gladly provide the truck and movers.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 02:14 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Ticomaya wrote:

Intrepid wrote:
Don't worry, Tico. I do. And, in my neck of the woods he would be lying on his back on the floor. No police required.

I think you forget that David is armed. You might try to put him on his back, but that might be a risky proposition for you.

I'd be willing to take that chance. My brother and I were chased by two black bears years ago and we emerged unscathed without having or using a gun. David would be a pussycat in comparison.

Besides, he would be arrested at the border
for attempting to bring his beloved firearm/s into Canada
. Did you forget that part?
Richard posted (Page 5, hereof)
Quote:
David,

Perhaps we could setup an experiment.
You arm yourself with the pistol of your choice
and we will put you in the woods with two 60 pound predatory coyotes.
We will discuss the outcome and how you shot, maimed, killed,
scared off both coyotes over a beer afterwards.

Are you game? (no pun intented)

To which David responded:
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Intrepid wrote:

Quote:
David,

Perhaps we could setup an experiment.
It woud be fun,
but we both know that it is not going to happen.
I re-iterate AGAIN that I am not a hunter. I do not wish to become a hunter.

Quote:
You arm yourself with the pistol of your choice
and we will put you in the woods with two 60 pound predatory coyotes.
1. I do not trust pistols; thay jam too much.
If any handgun, I 'd use my .44 magnum Ruger SuperBlackhawk revolver,
backed with my .44 special Taurus Model 445 revolver.

2. Even if I were willing, it is not likely that Canadian customs
woud let me into your country with a gun; (I suspect -- I don 't know that for a fact).
Maybe thay DO let in hunters.

I am not afraid of coyotes, but it is very likely that Canada
has more serious predators than them, e.g., cougars n bears.

Quote:
We will discuss the outcome and how you shot, maimed, killed,
scared off both coyotes over a beer afterwards.

Are you game? (no pun intented)
It kinda sounds like fun,
tho again, I have no wish to harm peaceful animals, including coyotes.
I woud not go there to avenge Taylor upon innocent coyotes
who had nothing to do with the offense.

David

Richard, if u are going to participate in argument, and if u wish to be taken seriously,
u need to REMEMBER what u have already said earlier in the discussion, and responses thereto.

David
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 02:18 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Don't worry, Tico. I do. And, in my neck of the woods he would be lying on his back on the floor. No police required.

I think you forget that David is armed. You might try to put him on his back, but that might be a risky proposition for you.

You fought two black bears, or you ran from two black bears?

I submit that in my post I did not make claim to fighting anything. I avoided the bears which is the best way to handle the situation. Of course, I would not have had that opportunity if I was extremely close to the bears when we acknowledged each other.

No, you didn't claim to have fought anything, but you did appear to take on the persona of an Internet "tough guy," when you said David would be end up lying on his back on the floor, and you indicated David would be a "pussycat" in comparison to when you and your brother tangled with the black bears that chased you.
roger

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 02:21 pm
@Ticomaya,
Trust me, Tico. Nobody outruns a black bear unless the bear wants you to outrun it.
Intrepid

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 02:21 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmDumDavid wrote:
Quote:
Richard, if u are going to participate in argument, and if u wish to be taken seriously,
u need to REMEMBER what u have already said earlier in the discussion, and responses thereto.

Exactly what did I not remember? I never said we would put you in the woods in Canada. You made that assumption as it is your way.

Nothing I wrote is contradictory of any of my other posts.

Also, I did not know that this was an argument thread. I thought it was about the unfortunate death of a young girl by coyotes. We should really keep to the subject. Perhaps we could do that without mention of guns since it is a non issue as guns are not something that can be easily had in Canada.

Lets deal with facts rather than assumptions and silly rhetoric.

0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 02:23 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Trust me, Tico. Nobody outruns a black bear unless the bear wants you to outrun it.

You do if your car is closer than the bear and the doors are not locked. Wink
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 02:29 pm
@Intrepid,
So, if I understand your position correctly, you ran to your car from a couple of bears, and you are citing that as an example to boast about how you would dispatch David without the need of a gun or police? I can understand this argument if you were claiming you could outrace David to your car, but you indicated you would put him on his back in the middle of the floor. Still not sure how your running away skills indicate success in your fight with David.
Intrepid

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 02:31 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:
No, you didn't claim to have fought anything, but you did appear to take on the persona of an Internet "tough guy," when you said David would be end up lying on his back on the floor, and you indicated David would be a "pussycat" in comparison to when you and your brother tangled with the black bears that chased you.
[/quote]

Your reading abilities are becoming clouded. Yes, I said he would end up lying on his back. No, I did not say I would necessarily be the one to do it. I said "in my neck of the wood". I also did not use the word tangled. I used the word chased.

If you are going to refute what I say, I would appreciate it if you could at least get the facts straight before forging in. I hope David appreciates your playing the internet bully in coming to his assistance. Lord knows he needs it.

I have no need to take on the persona of an Internet "though guy". Sure, I can handle myself in rl and have no need to use the internet to portray such tactics. It is not my way. Perception seems to be everything with the written word.
Intrepid

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 02:31 pm
@Ticomaya,
See my previous post Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 06:31 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

David

You'd deliberately approach David's house with a truck and a bunch of men? Are you crazy?
Intrepid

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 06:44 pm
@Eorl,
Eorl wrote:

Intrepid wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

David

You'd deliberately approach David's house with a truck and a bunch of men? Are you crazy?

Nope. I said I would provide the truck and movers. Contrary to popular believe, I am not stupid and would not venture within shooting range of Sir David.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 07:40 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Ticomaya wrote:

Quote:
Your reading abilities are becoming clouded. Yes, I said he would end up lying on his back. No,
I did not say I would necessarily be the one to do it.
I said "in my neck of the wood". I also did not use the word tangled.
I used the word chased.

If you are going to refute what I say, I would appreciate it
if you could at least get the facts straight before forging in.
I hope David appreciates your playing the internet bully in coming to his assistance.
Lord knows he needs it.

I have no need to take on the persona of an Internet "though guy".
Sure, I can handle myself in rl and have no need to use the internet
to portray such tactics. It is not my way. Perception seems to be everything with the written word.

I 'm glad u are not assuming the persona of an Internet tuff guy! U had me worried there for a while, Richard.

I hope that the Lord will not be offended
by what u claim that He knows.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 07:51 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Believe THAT!
A biped cannot outrun a quadrupedal predator,
except if, in Richard 's situation, he intrepidly runs away to his car.
Intrepid means fearless, brave and bold.
I have every confidence that he was 100% fearless as he ran from the bears.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 07:56 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Nope. I said I would provide the truck and movers.
Contrary to popular believe, I am not stupid and would not venture within shooting range of Sir David.
That 's OK, Richard. I 'm not mad at u.

So after u & your brother ran to your car,
what happened with the bears ?
Did thay approach your car?
roger

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 08:40 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I bet Joe(no moss growing on that stone)Nation could outrun one in a marathon. Of course, you first have to get past the initial sprint. Sad
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 08:53 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

roger wrote:

Believe THAT!
A biped cannot outrun a quadrupedal predator,
except if, in Richard 's situation, he intrepidly runs away to his car.
Intrepid means fearless, brave and bold.
I have every confidence that he was 100% fearless as he ran from the bears.

Your assumption is correct. I was not afraid. I did not run out of fright but out of a survival instinct. One without any fearlessness, bravery or boldness would not have the wherewithall to hightail it out of there. Like I said before, I am not stupid. Smile

Mind you, I am not so sure I would have retained those things if the car had not been within reach. Wink
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 08:57 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Intrepid wrote:

Nope. I said I would provide the truck and movers.
Contrary to popular believe, I am not stupid and would not venture within shooting range of Sir David.
That 's OK, Richard. I 'm not mad at u.

So after u & your brother ran to your car,
what happened with the bears ?
Did thay approach your car?

Yes they approached. One was clawing at the window and the other climbed on the hood. We had a lot of noise and posturing and they soon left to enjoy their dinner of whatever they found later.

This was in a Provincial Park. BTW....no guns are allowed in Provincial Parks. Wink
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 11:26 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

This was in a Provincial Park. BTW....no guns are allowed in Provincial Parks. Wink
That 's dangerous; u coud have been torn apart by bears,
in a state of helplessness, if u chose to obay that law.
The penalty for obaying gun control laws is death, with no appeal.

That is very immoral; gun control is evil.

David
0 Replies