Me too.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 08:59 pm
Me too. Well, just a couple of points.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 09:50 pm
One other thing is also clear, and that is that this rant is a minority view in the South as well. Southerners think of themselves as Americans as much as do the populations of any other region of the nation. This is a mindset that was popular in the generation before the first world war, when the "Lilly Whites" had political clout, and the Ku Klux Klan was revived in Georgia. It is not typical of the residents of the contemporary South--for which i would thank god, if there actually were one . . .
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 04:58 am
southerngrl wrote:
Quote:
- Recognizes the work the United Nations does fighting poverty, ending exploitation of children and ending starvation in addition to peaciemaking.

Ok...(deep breath) here we go...as far as the U.N....not only do Southerners think they are a crock...so do a lot of educated Americans. See, we can see through their charade of supplying food and clothing for the poor...but so does Pat Robertson. You cannot judge a conglomeration like the U.N. based on one category of "good works". We must look at them as the political and "holier than thou" attitude.

1. Like many others, I'm looking for a response to my post. I understand that you may be searching the net for more radical positions which match your own, in order to send us links to them!

2. The UN is an imperfect organisation. Not nearly as imperfect as the USA. Not nearly as self-serving. Not nearly as dominated by the interest of the wealthy few. The UN represents the views of countries from around the world. Nearly all of them.

It is the "talking shop" in which the different opinions of the peoples and their governments have a chance to be aired. Here in the UK, the majority of the population were dismayed that Bush ignored the UN. Blair tried very hard for a second resolution to give the war on Iraq international legitimacy. Unfortunately, the politics of the matter did not allow for this. Getting into other territory here, but the arrogance of the USA's ignoring the UN will stick in the throats of the people of the world for years to come.

I had the honour (yes, like me, my spelling's British!) of being on the same aeroplane as Kofi Annan, when I flew from London to Berlin on business, last year. He looked as bright, caring and fair as I would have expected of a man who has won the Nobel Peace Prize. He is one of my heros - I almost asked for his autograph, but I thought better of it. I just exchanged looks across the front row of the 'plane and picked my bag out of the locker above his head - not something I'll forget!!!

DON'T DARE SLAM THE UN ALONG WITH FREE-THINKERS AND THOSE WITH CONCERNS FOR THE WORLD. Twisted Evil TAKE THAT ARGUMENT TO ANOTHER THREAD AND I'LL HAVE LESS RESTRAINT!!!
0 Replies

southerngrl

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 07:55 am
Quote:
As expected you supported the ultra-conservative, extremist perspective on every single issue.

And you say that like its a bad thing. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
In doing so you make unsupported accusations and show an remarkable ignorance about the issues.

Yeah, I'm all alone on this issue...none of the conservative media or our politicians believe it either. You aren't conservative, so, of course, you're not going to agree...it's a shame you just can't say that without calling people ignorant or un-educated. Pat Buchanan, Tom Delay, Rush, Glenn Beck, Hannity, Ann Coulter, Michael Savage, Senators, Congressmen, House members and governors...and the list goes on and on and on...I am not in this fight alone...although may be the minority on THIS site...not the minority on others.

Quote:
I would love to explain to you the importance of the work of the ACLU and the idea that civil rights must be protected for *all*, not just the popular. I don't think you would understand or listen or even care - you have your dogma and don't need to listen to other viewpoints or ideas.

Never denied that the ACLU "SHOULD" fight for *all*, but they don't fight for me, or for those who I support. Only for minorities...and they don't stop at equal rights...they fight for "special" priviledges. Did you read my post? Confused

Quote:
I gave you the chance to show that you aren't a narrow ultra-conservative extremist. But, well you sure showed me didn't you.

I did, but you, along with other leftist won't acknowledge it. Tried to stop this long ago...but you wouldn't let me.

Quote:
But seeing as you are clearly in the majority here... I will leave quietly.

Majority in American, not here. We have no business in the U.N. Nowhere in the Constitution is ther a provision for our gov't to participate in an organization of natioins that has dreams of governing the WORLD! I do see in some of our founders writings, though, warnings about foreign alliances that can threaten to draw this nation into conflicts of the old world. If the U.N. were just a debating society, my problem with them wouldn't be as negative. But too many Americans think this country needs the permission of the U.N. to act in its own self-defense and self-interest. We saw that before the war on Iraq. We were attacked, not France, Germany...or the UN. The choice is ours...either we follow the Constitution or we submit to the U.N.'s global governance. If we continue down the UN road, America as we know it will cease to exist. If we have to go to war, Congress is who approves it...not the U.N. Even though our "unilateral" attack was to enforce UN resolutions! The UN wants to influence our environmental, trade, labor, tax and gun laws. They intend to expant the UN into a true world gov't. Scary stuff. Complete with taxes, courts, and a standing army. This is not an alarmist statement, these are facts readily promoted on the UN's own website! They don't care about national soverignty...they are actually hostile to it. All of their member nations have national interests that dont simply disappear when their representatives enter the UN assembly hall. Like any gov't or quasi-gov't body, the UN is corrupt with backroom deals. Worst of all, it seves as a forum for anti-Americanism. Keep your eyes closed and see what happens.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 08:12 am
kitchenpete wrote:
I'LL HAVE LESS RESTRAINT!!!

Kitchen Pete... you seemed so restrained and kind anyway. Laughing

There are many Americans who do think the United Nations is a worthy organization. Sadly Republicans do not. I received a letter* from the Republicans Party Headquarters requesting my answers to leading questions for the "Census of the Republican Party." One question was "Do you think U.S. troops should have to serve under United Nation's Commanders?" To me, they've made their position clear with the words "should" and "have to." No matter that this government is perfectly willing to let foreign troops serve under U.S. Commanders. I don't get it. Where does this arrogance come from? (note to Southern Girl... could anything be less Christian than such patent pride?)

____
*This was obviously a terrible mistake on their part. Unfortunately I used all my refrigerator magnets when I sent them back their postage paid letter last time. And why, oh why, do they think I'm a Republican??? Agggh!
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 08:57 am
Southerngrl...

You have no idea how much US foreign policy aggravates the rest of the world.

No proof has been given that Al Quaeda is connected with Iraq, which was a secular state (albeit inhabited predominantly by Muslims).

"it serves as a forum for anti-Americanism"...well, of course it does! If nearly every other country disagrees with the US position on something (e.g. Kyoto agreement on control of greenhouse gases), isn't the UN the perfect place to discuss this...MY BLOOD BOILS FAR MORE ABOUT THIS THAN IRAQ!!! TAX BREAKS ON SUV's? IT'S SICK AND SELFISH.

Nuff said for now.
0 Replies

southerngrl

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:02 am
Quote:

Quote:
There are many Americans who do think the United Nations is a worthy organization. Sadly Republicans do not.

I'm not Republican. But I'm also not so naive or stupid as to not see the writing on the wall.

Quote:
(note to Southern Girl... could anything be less Christian than such patent pride?)

Don't judge me...or something you don't understand or are too shallow-minded to learn about. I don't answer to the likes of leftist Liberals who want to spew their immoral and senseless retoric. I answer to one...and am very comfortable with that. Your opinions of me personally are not taken at face value, nor do I lose sleep over them. I always consider the source when being attacked or labeled negatively.

____
*This was obviously a terrible mistake on their part. Unfortunately I used all my refrigerator magnets when I sent them back their postage paid letter last time. And why, oh why, do they think I'm a Republican??? Agggh!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:06 am
Hi, are Jew bastards with horns allowed on this thread? Just wondering.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:07 am
I didn't notice your horns when we met in t.o., Boss, does your stylist cover them artfully?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:20 am
It's all the hair, I think.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:32 am
When Jew Bastards with horns eat Christian babies, how are they prepared? What's your personal favorite presentation?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:41 am
Well, we don't generally eat the babies, just use their blood for our matzoh. A bit wasteful, but oy, the flavour!
0 Replies

southerngrl

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:41 am
Sick people
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:42 am
Strangely enough, I got that recipe from the back of an NAACP flyer....
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:44 am
It may just be a rumour but i hear that vampires in the south are at risk of being put on the endangered species list due to their fear of aids. C.D.C. has not commented but a high level official said that reported sightings of vampires in both Georgia and Mississippi have declined in the past 48 months.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 10:02 am
What a tragic comment, Dys . . .

As a Tyically Drunken Irish Catholic Supporter of the Antichrist, i prefer Protestant children aged about 10 to 12, from whom i fillet choice cuts, leaving the child alive so i can relish the screams and moans while i dine.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 10:28 am
ROFL!

LaughingLaughingLaughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 10:38 am
Apparently we are all sick people....anyone been feeling under the weather lately?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 10:41 am
I'm a little queasy today, that's probably just from overeating after i took care of that little Nazarene bastard from down the street who used to make all that racket in the early morning.
0 Replies