Well Damn! Somebody finally SAID IT!!

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 09:01 pm
I don't take Maporshe as racist just yet - I'll admit I've wondered - more as strongly reactive, and it never occurred to me to take MM as racist. I can't begin to parse Hawkeye so I'll skip along.

I do see all this as a giant balloon avoiding the original post (and subsequent Dowd piece if anyone looks it up).
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 09:02 pm
@maporsche,
We all agree on the existence of racism, what we don't agree on is how to deal with it. EOE's medicine is much worse than the disease. You are spot on when you say that she is extremely dangerous. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, the fact that she clearly has not learned this in life means that she is no match for the manipulators...she is the type who could be convinced to give away everything that she has, and at the same time feel that she is the best that humanity has to offer. She is a chump, and they are to be avoided at all costs.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 09:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
what eoe can't comprehend is that it is not a given that
everyone else wants to go where she wants to go.

That 's VERY TRUE.
Its extremely presumptuous to imply that "progress" is in any
particular direction (her favorite direction)
when in fact, it can go in any number of directions.

Quote:
She also can't comprehend that in a democracy she does not get to
decide where we go, even though she is sure that she is right.
Once she makes the mistake of believing that every one who does
not agree with her is defective it is time to ignore her....she and her
kind are extremely dangerous.

the "can't move out of the past" mythology is clearly her defense against
dealing with people who don't agree with her. With her self defense
mechanisms she never needs to deal with the fact that she may not be right.
SO STIPULATED!

David
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 09:53 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
eoe wrote:
Since they can't turn back the hands of time, they certainly don't want to move forward. It's much too scary for them. I understand that too. Poor fools. But I'm all about progress so to them I say, either get with the program or get the hell out of the way

How does the "can't turn back time", too scary to move forward, get the hell out of the way stuff fit in to your imagination?

I suspect she's read:

Why I Am Not a Conservative

Quote:
Why I Am Not a Conservative

By Nobel laureate F. A. Hayek

Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving. It may succeed by its resistance to current tendencies in slowing down undesirable developments, but, since it does not indicate another direction, it cannot prevent their continuance. It has, for this reason, invariably been the fate of conservatism to be dragged along a path not of its own choosing.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 10:13 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
And she set the trap masterfully: They interpreted her to say racism, but she didn't actually say it. Now they're up in arms over her imagined insult, which is exactly what they were accusing her of doing: being up in arms over an imagined insult from Joe Wilson.

Where have I been "up in arms" about what Joe Wilson said?
If you go back to my original post on this thread, you will see exactly what I said...

Quote:
Re: Eva (Post 3758019)
Quote:
In a nutshell: “A lot of these outbursts have to do with delegitimizing him as a president,” said Congressman Jim Clyburn, a senior member of the South Carolina delegation.

And of course, the left NEVER tried to say Bush was not the legitimate President either.
They only spent at least 4 years saying that he was an illegitmate President because he beat Gore in 2000.

I am not saying the one action excuses another.
I am saying that before you blame repubs, dont forget that your side is just as guilty.

Now, please show where I have defended what Wilson said, please show where I have excused what he said, or where I have been "up in arms" about it.

I have said that Joe Wilson was wrong to blurt out what he did.
Now, if you think that is racism at all, then thats your problem.
But I will not let the charge go unanswered.
eoe and others are so determined to inject race into everything that they see racism where it doesnt exist.

Now, go back and reread all of eoe's posts and then say that eoe isnt accusing everyone of being racists, just to make himself or herself feel better.
DrewDad

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 10:17 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
Now, please show where I have defended what Wilson said, please show where I have excused what he said, or where I have been "up in arms" about it.

Can you read English?

Other people have accused Eoe of imagining a racial component to Wilson's outburst, and being up-in-arms about it.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 10:20 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
Now, go back and reread all of eoe's posts and then say that eoe isnt accusing everyone of being racists, just to make himself or herself feel better.

I think that Eoe is tweaking everyone's nose by showing how one get's one's point across without being explicit.

(And no, she didn't accuse everyone of being a racist.)
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 10:21 pm
@mysteryman,
if you had read very many of eoe's posts you would know she is a woman person.

this is starting to look like a brushfire, and mebbe everyone should calm down and look at their own house first.

I was raised thinking and feeling things I did not even know were racist in origin until much later in my life.

alleging members to be or not to be racist is not helping much of anything here, i think.

it's late, i'm calling it a night.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 10:35 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
eoe and others are so determined to inject race into everything that they see racism where it doesnt exist

they are determined to inject racism into everything, where it may exist or may not, and since they are in charge of their personal racial views and not anyone else's their guesses about other peoples racial views amounts to nothing. She should use her guess to self evaluate how much work she has to do to convince others to adopt her view, but it has no validity beyond that.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 10:38 pm
ok, now it's a brush fire with a stinkbug flitting around it...
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 10:57 pm
@Rockhead,
anytime that you want to participate, that is deal with the argument rather than demean those who are participating....would be fine. It is never too late to become a productive citizen.
eoe

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 09:11 am
@hawkeye10,
Well hawkeye, I've deliberately sat back to watch you spin in the wind and work yourself into a frenzy, just like your hate-mongering, groundless, illogical ilk always does if given enough room, and you have, without doubt, proven yourself to be the epitome of everything Maureen Dowd spoke of in her column. In your increasingly wild accusations against me, you have shown yourself to be a hypocrite, a liar, ridiculous, irrational, self-serving, and in general, full of **** and a whole lot of fear. But it takes all kinds to make the world so I guess you have a place here too.

You have certainly made my case here these last few days and now I am done with you and this thread. But I'll end it right where it started"
Some people just can’t believe a black man is president and will never accept it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 09:20 am
@DrewDad,
So tell me, genius boy, what was it then that EOE referred to in saying: "Accuse others of what they themselves are guilty of"--if not racism, which happens to be the theme of this thread.

I'd say that by EOE's definition, you are flipping. You're the one who is indulging all sorts of contortions in the attempt to deny that what she is talking about is racism, while accusing me of that in saying that it is.

I'll go back to my statements. I think EOE has no good reason for calling either Maporche or Mysterman a racist, and it is un-called-for. I think Maporche has no good reason to use the language he used in response, and that was not called for. Play all the stupid language games you want, DD, racism is the topic of this thread, and racism is what EOE was accusing them of.
DrewDad

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 09:25 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
what was it then that EOE referred to in saying: "Accuse others of what they themselves are guilty of"--if not racism

Seeing things that aren't there. I've explained this several times, now. Try to keep up.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 09:28 am
The thread is about racism, and EOE had already made a snide remark to Maporche about cutting holes in a sheet--which is also a tangential reference to a racist organizatio0n.

Why don't you try to keep up, snot-nose--you're getting yourself twisted into a logical pretzel in the attempt to deny that her remarks are accusations of racism. Look at the the title of the thread for Christ's sake, and then read the Dowd piece again.

Are you actually this stupid, or do you just like to play the game for sake of the argument?
Setanta

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 09:30 am
I agree with Maporche and Mysterman that EOE was calling them racist, but actually didn't have the balls to do it by any other means than inference--and that the accusation was uncalled for. I also consider the language Maporche used in response to be uncalled for. DD's idiocy in attempting to claim this is not what happened hasn't changed my opinion of the scurrilous nature of EOE's remarks, or the scurrilous nature of Maporche's response.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 09:34 am
@Setanta,
Normally, these things don't get said by any of the parties involved. I think much of it might be the boil over from a worked up emotion. It is hard to back off once a statement is out there.
maporsche

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 09:38 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

maporsche wrote:
I don't even know how to respond to this....I think you've totally lost your mind.

I know how to respond. She just called "bullshit" on your claim that you know what it's like to be black just because you were poor.

Black people and poor people do get discriminated against. The cases are far different, though.

DD, you've already proven that you do not read people's post very carefully (see above); why should anyone believe that you alone, above all evidence to the contrary, know the true intentions of eoe's posts. Eoe has had ample opportunity to clear this up, but has remained silent. All she has to do is say "I didn't mean to call them racist." and we'd at have something more substantial to work with.

Otherwise we're forced to rely on your 'interesting' approach to reading comprehension; which as you can see, no one is willing to do.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 09:41 am
@Setanta,
I don't insist that everyone agree with my interpretation, unlike certain rude folks of the canine ilk that I might mention.

The insults don't really do you justice, either. Does someone disagreeing with you really get you in such a snit?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 09:43 am
@edgarblythe,
At least I admitted my outburst was inappropriate.

Eoe, I apologize for calling you a bitch and saying '**** you' towards you. Those two statements were uncalled for and inappropriate.
0 Replies