Well Damn! Somebody finally SAID IT!!

Setanta

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 09:45 am
You're a legend in your own mind, DD. There is nothing sufficiently important about you that it would put me in a "snit."
DrewDad

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 09:47 am
@Setanta,
Well, if you routinely call acquaintances by those names then you must really be a popular guy.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 09:49 am
You're no acquaintance of mine--i am only (sadly) acquainted with what you write here.
DrewDad

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 09:51 am
@Setanta,
And you question my logic? rofl
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 09:54 am
It is precisely because you laugh at something so self-evident that i question your grasp of logic. You and i have never met. We are not acquainted. I am only acquainted with what you write here. Try to understand it, i've put it in as simple terms as possible.
DrewDad

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 10:06 am
@Setanta,
And even though you act as if you're in a snit, you are not actually in a snit.

Riiiiight.

Ta-ta for now.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 10:09 am
See ya 'round, clown . . .
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 03:12 pm
In a remark extraordinary even by the standards of conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh, the right-wing radio heavyweight declared on his program Wednesday that the United States needed to return to racially segregated buses.

Referring to an incident in which a white student was beaten by black students on a bus, Limbaugh said: “I think the guy’s wrong. I think not only it was racism, it was justifiable racism. I mean, that’s the lesson we’re being taught here today. Kid shouldn’t have been on the bus anyway. We need segregated buses " it was invading space and stuff. This is Obama’s America.”

A full transcript of Limbaugh’s comments on his radio show is available at MediaMatters.org.

Limbaugh’s comments came after a called complained to say that local law enforcement said the attack probably wasn’t racially motivated. The incident had been hyped by the conservative Drudge Report, which posted a video of the fracas.

“Police initially said the beating of the white student by two black students appeared to be racially motivated,” the Associated Press wrote. “But police on Tuesday backed away from that.”

That didn’t stop Limbaugh from making his comments Wednesday.

“In Obama’s America, the white kids now get beat up with the black kids cheering, ‘Yay, right on, right on, right on, right on,” Limbaugh also said. “I wonder if Obama’s going to come to come to the defense of the assailants the way he did his friend Skip Gates up there at Harvard.”

“White Americans are racists who have created what they call free markets that really just enslave the rest of America and her trading partners,” Limbaugh also mocked. “I mean, it was white Americans that ran off Van Jones. No, look, let’s just follow Eric Holder’s advice and not be cowards about all this. Let’s have an open conversation, an honest conversation about all of our typical white grandmothers. You had one, I had one. Obama had one. They’re racists just like our students are. ACORN " hey, nothing but racism fueling the pursuit of ACORN.”

Limbaugh also suggested that racism itself was acceptable.

“If homosexuality being inborn is what makes it acceptable, why does racism being inborn not make racism acceptable?” the talk show host asked. “I’m sorry " I mean, this is the way my mind works. But apparently now we don’t choose racism, we just are racists. We are born that way. We don’t choose it. So shouldn’t it be acceptable, excuse " this is according to the way the left thinks about things.”

Rockhead

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 03:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
i would prolly not be sad if he choked on his illegal prescription drugs...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 04:22 pm
@Setanta,
Stay classy, Set.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 04:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
“If homosexuality being inborn is what makes it acceptable, why does racism being inborn not make racism acceptable?” the talk show host asked. “I’m sorry " I mean, this is the way my mind works. But apparently now we don’t choose racism, we just are racists. We are born that way. We don’t choose it. So shouldn’t it be acceptable, excuse " this is according to the way the left thinks about things.”

Well, if Rush wanted to argue that stupidity was inborn, then I guess we should accept him as he is.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 05:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
What a doofus.

He must make his advertisers a heap of money, that he remains on air.

THAT'S disturbing.
Foofie

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 08:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Limbaugh also suggested that racism itself was acceptable.

To answer the above point, I believe the statement, "If homosexuality being inborn is what makes it acceptable," is a red-herring. Homosexuality being supposedly inborn, I believe, is not what makes it acceptable. What I believe makes it acceptable is that homosexuality is not based on a dominant gene, as we know genetics today. In effect, if one's daughter married a homosexual, one can have heterosexual grandchildren, even if conception was with the help of a laboratory. However, if one's (White) daughter married a Black man, one's grandchildren will not be White. And, most parents, Black or White, would like to think that their eventual grandchildren will be carrying on the lineage that they themselves came from.

So, in this context racism is not an evil (for the above example), I believe, it is just how we as humans want to believe our only chance at immortality, through granchildren, will transpire.

The problem is that the word racism has many dimensions. Plus, we should also remember that when many White soldiers joined to fight the Confederacy, it was not to end slavery. It was to make sure that the western territories would be admitted to the Union as non-slave states, so specifically, the western states could be sans plantations, and therefore White males could find employment. So, racism seems to have a component of the realization, that as big as this country is, we are all competing AGAINST other groups, based on where one is located. A less inflammatory word might be raciocentric. Perhaps, we are. We are also ethnocentric, as I can testify to. So, should we admit that the King might be naked, in the way of allegory, and many are raciocentric, as part of the way we have been socialized in society. Can we put the onus on society's socialization, and stop blaming individuals that had no control of their own socialization?
roger

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 08:32 pm
@Foofie,
I am speechless.
msolga

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 08:36 pm
@roger,
Speechless # 2
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 08:37 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

I am speechless.

Me too. Wow!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 08:51 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
What a doofus.

He must make his advertisers a heap of money, that he remains on air.

He remains on the air because he is extremely popular. He has recently been considered by some to be the leader of the Republican party. His views are legitimized by the fact that so many people buy into them. Not taking Rush seriously is not one of your options. Trying to label him joke/idiot and ignoring him and his followers would make you the doofus.
DrewDad

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 09:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
He remains on the air because he is extremely popular. He has recently been considered by some to be the leader of the Republican party. His views are legitimized by the fact that so many people buy into them. Not taking Rush seriously is not one of your options. Trying to label him joke/idiot and ignoring him and his followers would make you the doofus.

Rush is one of the greatest things ever to happen to the Democratic party. With him in charge, the Republicans should be renamed Insane Clown Party (Pass the Hydrocodone).
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 09:24 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
Rush is one of the greatest things ever to happen to the Democratic party. With him in charge, the Republicans should be renamed Insane Clown Party (Pass the Hydrocodone).

Considering that most of the folks on your side of the isle firmly believe that they should not lower themselves to work with insane clowns......no.

There is a great deal of work to be done, I have no patience for these kiddy games.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 09:27 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tZGpzkwfsU&feature=related
0 Replies