Some idiots actually think the NFL is wrong for giving Vick a 2nd chance.

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:23 am
Here's an example from a story on ABC news:

Mary Bishop, a writer and blogger from Stratford, Conn., told ABCNews.com that Vick's signing means she will no longer be rooting for the Eagles.

"I was a huge Eagles fan " I would always watch them if they were on, even if all my relatives liked other teams," Bishop said. "But now, I'm absolutely disgusted."

"I don't think a little slap on the wrist was enough for Michael Vick," she said. "He tortured animals and if you can torture an animal, I believe you can torture a human."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is obvious to me that this lady's mother smoked and drank while she was in the womb. What a ******* moron.

"If you can torture an animal, I believe you can torture a human."

Have more idiotic words ever been spoken? What the **** does that even mean? Does she think he has people hidden in his basement that he's been torturing? Why the **** does it matter what a person CAN do. Until they do it, they are ******* innocent, Ms. Dumbass!

I think he paid for his crimes and that should be that. Let him back without repurcussion. He's sorry, he's apologized profusely, and he spent a year and a half in ******* jail! Let him play!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 27 • Views: 18,586 • Replies: 294

kickycan

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:25 am
And don't forget, some people EAT dogs!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:26 am
I don't plan to watch any Eagles games.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:27 am
@kickycan,
He's disgusting, but I don't have to watch him play or support anything he's involved with.
panzade

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:30 am
@kickycan,
Stallworth got a years suspension for killing a man. Vick got 2 years for killing dogs.

What's more to know?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:35 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Stallworth got a years suspension for killing a man. Vick got 2 years for killing dogs.

What's more to know?

I don't know Stallworth's history, but I know Vick's.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:45 am
edgar -
if you read my posts about my pets, you know I am very attached to them.
I was sickened and disgusted at what Vick did to those dogs.

The man did the time he was sentenced to.
He has said that talking to pet owners face to face and being mandated to speak to groups sympathetic to pets and animal's rights has caused a change in heart in him about animals.

What else should he do before he is allowed again to make a living at what he does best?
McGentrix

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:48 am
Eh, Vick screwed up and received his punishment. Seems rather boorish to hang him for it. If he is still able to compete in the NFL, more power to him.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:54 am
@kickycan,
I was SOOOO on this guys case, but now that hes gonna supplement the Iggles offense, I say, less give the man a chance.
Imagine , he can do it all and Andy Reid has a good history of handling felons. Look at his own soms fa Chrissakes. LOOK OUD GINTES.

I can see Andy changin his strategy every two plays with Donovan, then goin to Vick, and Vick can do it all.
Ragman

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:56 am
@snood,
... not only did he serve time...but he lost several tens of millions of dollars in salary, potential endorsements.

I'm involved with dog rescue and rehabilitating so I detest what he and his associates did. I had nightmares after seeing the videos. These dogs were tortured, not only killed.

However, in seeing his recent interviews, he seems genuinely sincere, is working closely with Tony Dungy who is mentoring him. This appears NOT to be the same man as he was 2 years ago.

I can't think of a good reason to keep him from earning his living any longer. As long as he keeps working ni the community and doing what he can do to prevent further animal abuse by others, I'm satisfied.

I empathise and understand why someone else would want him to still to be punished, though.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:57 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

He's disgusting, but I don't have to watch him play or support anything he's involved with.

I can understand your disgust. It was disgusting what he did. But don't you believe a person can change? It's been two years and a lot has happened to him in that time. He's been locked up in a cell for a year and a half. His name and reputation has been dragged publicly through the mud. He's apologized many times. He's done community service. He says he has had a change of heart.

Is animal cruelty such a horrible offense that none of this is enough punishment?
Ragman

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:59 am
@farmerman,
Yeah, FM ... interesting options for Iggles offensively. Let's F-FWD to January and see a Pats-Iggles matchup in SB. Of course, we will need to see some championship-level defense develop first.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 12:00 pm
Agreeing with Kickycan-- In fact, I would be pissed if the NFL didn't give him a second chance. The NFL is a business, Vick is a professional. Vick's served his time-- it is not the NFL's concern.

The irony is that the NFL is part of the entertainment industry. The idiots railing against Vick are just making the story better-- meaning more profits.
panzade

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 12:22 pm
@kickycan,
Quote:
Is animal cruelty such a horrible offense that none of this is enough punishment?

Some people seem to think so.

I think he was genuinely surprised at the uproar. Growing up he must have looked at dog fighting like some cultures look at cock fighting or bull fighting.

He seems genuinely remorseful.
I'm wondering how the Eaglets are gonna use him, and how long McNabb is gonna go along with the Vick program.
Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 12:29 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:
The NFL is a business, Vick is a professional.

Truer words have seldom been spoken. And that is the whole point.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 12:47 pm
Well, he did serve his time, and he is working to make it right as much as he can. I guess I was wr- wr- wr-
Let the man play.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 12:56 pm
never understood football, but i'm sure the initial protests will be interesting
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 01:02 pm
@Merry Andrew,
If Michael Vick were a veterinarian, I would understand why people were uncomfortable with him returning to his profession.

Then again, if the NFL weren't part of an industry that makes great profits by demanding young men give their bodies and their youth to a violent sport that pits them against each other and leaves many of them physically broken while offering rewards to only a very few...
BillRM

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 01:49 pm
@ebrown p,
If Michael Vick were a veterinarian, I would understand why people were uncomfortable with him returning to his profession.

Then again, if the NFL weren't part of an industry that makes great profits by demanding young men give their bodies and their youth to a violent sport that pits them against each other and leaves many of them physically broken while offering rewards to only a very few...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem here is no one was force to be a football player or kill if they happen to not be a good football player the dogs however was given no choice and needed to fight to the death. If they was unwilling to do so they was slowly put to death sometimes by the hands of Vick himself.

No a person like that should not be given no second chance in a sane society
George

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 01:57 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
. . . I'm wondering how the Eaglets are gonna use him, and how long McNabb is
gonna go along with the Vick program.

Same here. He's gotta be pissed.
0 Replies