27
   

Some idiots actually think the NFL is wrong for giving Vick a 2nd chance.

 
 
Ragman
 
  1  
Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 04:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yes, about Byrd...this is the same man who in the '40s was a sheet-wearing member of the KKK. Such a shining example of good judgement and temperance.
edgarblythe
 
  2  
Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 04:50 pm
I was among the unforgiving, when the stories about Vick were front page news. It sits ill with me when dogs (actually any animals) are abused and especially so the way Vick did it. But, he payed his debt. He appears to have mended his ways. Why can't a person be allowed to turn their life around? We cannot see into his innermost thoughts. We don't know if he is sincere. So what? Give the man a chance. If he betrays our trust, he will pay in one way or another.
Finn dAbuzz
 
  2  
Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 05:06 pm
@Ragman,
I would be the last person to suggest such a thing, and yet his admirers on the Left forgave him that youthful misadventure and so I simply wished to point out that the sentiment need not belong only to a conservative.
Ragman
 
  1  
Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 05:12 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
gotch'ya
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  4  
Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 05:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I was among the unforgiving, when the stories about Vick were front page news. It sits ill with me when dogs (actually any animals) are abused and especially so the way Vick did it. But, he payed his debt. He appears to have mended his ways. Why can't a person be allowed to turn their life around? We cannot see into his innermost thoughts. We don't know if he is sincere. So what? Give the man a chance. If he betrays our trust, he will pay in one way or another.


He has been allowed to turn his life around and is being paid very handsomely for his current activity. Clearly he was given a chance.

He is no longer incarcerated, he is very gainfully employed, and he is adored by thousands. I've never heard him complain about how some people view him for his crime.

Legally, his slate is clean, and that is all he can expect.

He tainted his character and honor, not circumstances, not others, not fate. His crime can never be considered one of necessity, or passion or having any attendant, extenuating circumstances that might make one say "There but for the grace of God go I." It was one of heartless cruelty, committed with a grotesque sense of self-importance.

I don't think he deserves the death penalty, but he does deserve whatever scorn he receives throughout the rest of his life, and listening to someone on TV expressing extreme disgust for him is something he has truly earned.
edgarblythe
 
  0  
Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 05:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Is that your Christian opinion? Very Happy
snood
 
  1  
Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 07:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Is that your Christian opinion? Very Happy



Finn: “…he does deserve whatever scorn he receives throughout the rest of his life…”

Yeah... somehow it doesn't quite sound like this:

"Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my
brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven
times: but, Until seventy times seven."
Matthew 18:21-22, KJV

"Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy."
Matthew 5:7, KJV

"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye
shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:"
Luke 6:37, KJV

BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 07:34 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my
brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven
times: but, Until seventy times seven."
Matthew 18:21-22, KJV


That will not work on an old atheist such as myself.

Vick dying in a similar manner to how he kill those dogs would not break my heart at all.
snood
 
  1  
Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 08:31 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my
brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven
times: but, Until seventy times seven."
Matthew 18:21-22, KJV


That will not work on an old atheist such as myself.

Vick dying in a similar manner to how he kill those dogs would not break my heart at all.


But... no one was referring to you, BillRM.
0 Replies
 
electronicmail
 
  0  
Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 01:19 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:


Vick dying in a similar manner to how he kill those dogs would not break my heart at all.

I agree. What happened to Vick in the federal pen? Torturers and murderers of children don't fare too well at that location I heard, what about torturers and murderers of animals?

What's with after he did the time? The kiddie torturers face lifetime bans like staying a minimum distance away from schools, what about Vick, does he have to stay away from dogs?
electronicmail
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 01:23 am
@snood,
snood wrote:


Finn: “…he does deserve whatever scorn he receives throughout the rest of his life…”

Yeah... somehow it doesn't quite sound like this:

"
Jesus saith unto him, "

Messianic delusions? You think you're God? How long since you had your head examined?
electronicmail
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 01:46 am
@Ragman,
Byrd tortured and killed somebody? Get your story straight.
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 02:39 am
@electronicmail,
Quote:
what about Vick, does he have to stay away from dogs?


In the news lately Vick had been stating that if the courts would lift the ban on him owning dogs he would like to have a dog as a family pet.

From that I am assuming that the courts are at least currently banning him from owning dogs.
0 Replies
 
Ragman
 
  1  
Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 07:10 am
@electronicmail,
WTF? Where did I say it was? Re-read what I said and you may understand better because you took what I wrote out of context and made a totally off-the-wall comment.
0 Replies
 
snood
 
  0  
Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 08:53 am
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

snood wrote:


Finn: “…he does deserve whatever scorn he receives throughout the rest of his life…”

Yeah... somehow it doesn't quite sound like this:

"
Jesus saith unto him, "

Messianic delusions? You think you're God? How long since you had your head examined?


Since you're obviously reading comprehension-challenged, I'll explain it to you...

The intimation was made that Finn's attitude wasn't very Christian and I agreed. So, I found a few bible passages (generally accepted as the authoritative book on what is and isn't Christian) that illustrated what I thought showed the contrast between what's christian and Finn's attitude about Vick.

...Which has nothing to do with me thinking I'm God, or being delusional, or anything else you seem to have read into it. There. Does that help, pumpkin?
electronicmail
 
  1  
Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 09:07 am
@snood,
Pumpkin?

Get a grip sweetie-pie Drunk Laughing

I watched the Vikings-Eagles game and I saw the crowd cheer every time a Vikings linebacker blitzed that subhuman scum, Vick. Obama was way out of line calling the owner.
0 Replies
 
ossobuco
 
  2  
Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 10:33 am
Speaking of off the wall, some are assuming Finn is a christian and mocking him thus for his view; I don't remember him saying he is. I think I remember him saying he is not.
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 10:40 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Is that your Christian opinion? Very Happy


For anyone who cared to actually read what I've written, I have explained on numerous occassions that I am not a Christian, nor a member of any organized faith.
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 10:41 am
@snood,
I assure you snood that you can quote the bible far better than I.
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 11:38 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

Is that your Christian opinion? Very Happy


For anyone who cared to actually read what I've written, I have explained on numerous occassions that I am not a Christian, nor a member of any organized faith.

I have not been following the religion/atheist threads of late, with the lone exception of littlek's thread.
 

Related Topics

Should cheerleading be a sport? - Discussion by joefromchicago
Are You Ready For Fantasy Baseball - 2009? - Discussion by realjohnboy
tennis grip - Question by madalina
How much faster could Usain Bolt have gone? - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Sochi Olympics a Resounding Success - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/22/2021 at 10:00:25