Some idiots actually think the NFL is wrong for giving Vick a 2nd chance.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 06:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
He's doing everything expected of him by whom?

Not by me or millions of others of people who abhor animal torture.

He's doing everything expected of him by the NFL and his apologists.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 06:07 pm
@ehBeth,
Exactly
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 06:12 pm
@snood,
I don't know snood, you're the one who brought up Christian tenets of forgiveness.

It's pretty damned clear that you it frosts your ass that anyone thinks Vick should not be condemned.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 06:12 pm
@wmwcjr,
Bill, if you do, know you can only change it once (if I understand the rules).
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 06:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
You don't have to be a priest to not get befuddled in moral ambiguity
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 06:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

What, is brandon suddenly a priest?

I thought you had your say? Very Happy
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 06:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
JUst commenting on the 'amen.' I quit reading this thread a few days ago, due to the repetition.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 06:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
Eb, if you could stand it, would you read that Sandy Banks article and give me your take?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 07:37 pm
@ossobuco,
It's against my better judgement to come back and read anything. The pros will never accept the cons and so forth. I am against a prolonged argument, because the best points are almost always entered early on and then rehashed to infinitum. I will think about it.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 07:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
Fair enough.
Sandy is from a similar neighborhood.
I get it if you don't go there.

I somewhat but not entirely disagree with the ending.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 08:09 pm
I read through the article. Like it or not, there are people who will never consider an animal pet-worthy. I used to work a hillbilly who became annoyed when I made a fuss over my dog. "My daddy taught me that a dog's not my friend," he told me. I came to his home to ask him a question and walked up right when he squeezed off a round and killed a bird. "I hate those kind of birds," he said. He is but one example of many I could cite. You cannot instill warmth and kindness into a person that does not wish it. If we treated every such person the way it is suggested we treat Vick, we could well have civil war on our hands. At some point you have to let it go, unless we want to appoint to each citizen a moral guardian.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 08:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't say Vick should be let around dogs on his own. He is either nonsensient re "wanting to have a dog" or getting a feather in his heart for them. I don't know.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 02:22 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
If we treated every such person the way it is suggested we treat Vick, we could well have civil war on our hands.

I am a little confuse on your position as if it would take a "civil war" to enforce animal abused laws I am more then willing to sign up.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 05:56 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

No, that was about how they killed the animals who were wounded or otherwise non fight worthy. I've no links but it was widely reported at the time. I read whether Vick was there or not, but don't remember if he was....

There or not? He slammed a dog into the floor repeatedly until it was dead.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 08:49 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I don't know snood, you're the one who brought up Christian tenets of forgiveness.

It's pretty damned clear that you it frosts your ass that anyone thinks Vick should not be condemned.

If you re-read the post you made above, you might uderstand that it was a little unclear to me. Would you mind restating? If it helps, you were responding to the post when I said "of course you can dislike him; I don't have a warm fuzzy about him myself".
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 08:50 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

He's doing everything expected of him by whom?

Not by me or millions of others of people who abhor animal torture.

What do you expect of him?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 08:54 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
lets not forget that he is right with the state as well, he has done his time, which was Obama's point
BillRM

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 09:32 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
lets not forget that he is right with the state as well, he has done his time, which was Obama's point

Being right with the state place no person under an obligation to forget his deeds or grant him personal forgiven for them for that matter.

It is my right and others to go out of our ways for the rest of our lives and his to see that not one cent of our money go into his pocket.

Any firm that would for example used him for an endorsement would never get my business again and I would even take the time to tell them so.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 03:02 pm
@snood,
Actually I don't expect anything from him, but I would believe more in his redemption if he were sacrificing a lot more of his time and money to offsetting his moral debt.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2011 05:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Michael Vick has signed a one-year contract with the Philadelphia Eagles.

The Pro Bowl quarterback was designated as the team's franchise player Feb. 15. He signed the franchise tender Wednesday.

Under rules of the collective bargaining agreement that expires at midnight Thursday, a team must pay a franchise player the average of the top five salaries at his position. Vick would make an estimated $20 million under this tag.

Vick led the Eagles to a 10-6 record and the NFC East title after replacing an injured Kevin Kolb in Week 1. Despite missing three games with an injury, Vick had his best season. He set career highs in yards passing (3,018), touchdowns passing (21), touchdowns rushing (9), completion percentage (62.6) and passer rating (100.2).

Vick was voted The Associated Press Comeback Player of the Year after missing two seasons while serving a federal prison sentence for dog fighting and playing sparingly in 2009.
http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-general/20110302/Eagles-Vick/

$20 Million negates the need for any endorsement deals...Vick has to be one very happy man...