I Am A Nervous Wreck - So Talk to Me Please!

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 11:00 am
@JPB,
From your lips to God's ears! I am so ready for this foal to be born. I am not sure my nerves can take it much longer. I decided to NOT breed Indy this year. I am going to wait until next year. I figure by then I will have recovered. Laughing Actually, I don't want the colts that close together.

I do want to thank all of you for being so supportive and so patient with me. My lack of "horse sense" has to be as frustrating to all of you as it is to me.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:43 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
From your lips to God's ears! I am so ready for this foal to be born. I am not sure my nerves can take it much longer. I decided to NOT breed Indy this year. I am going to wait until next year. I figure by then I will have recovered. Laughing Actually, I don't want the colts that close together.

I do want to thank all of you for being so supportive and so patient with me. My lack of "horse sense" has to be as frustrating to all of you as it is to me.

U r very welcome.
We just want u, and Miss Joy and the baby to be happy n healthy!

David
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 05:21 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Miss Joy looks so uncomfortable. Her belly is just soooooooooooo huge! She has been laying down a bit more the past couple of days than she usually does. I rode Mac in the pasture today because he refuses to leave Miss Joy. She would follow us a little ways and then stop. I guess that is a lot of weight to be carrying around. No waxing of the teats yet, which I think is one of the final signs of impending birth. No matter when it's born though, I am still going to name it Joy's Valentine and call the colt Valley.
Pemerson

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 06:42 pm
@Arella Mae,
I do think you are gaining on the horse sense. Don't see any lack, you just got the mare and didn't know when her baby is due. You and she will do fine, I'm sure because you love her and she probably knows it.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 11:36 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
Miss Joy looks so uncomfortable. Her belly is just soooooooooooo huge! She has been laying down a bit more the past couple of days than she usually does. I rode Mac in the pasture today because he refuses to leave Miss Joy. She would follow us a little ways and then stop. I guess that is a lot of weight to be carrying around. No waxing of the teats yet, which I think is one of the final signs of impending birth. No matter when it's born though, I am still going to name it Joy's Valentine and call the colt Valley.
What if he is born on March 17th ?

Is Mac the father ?
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 06:48 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Mac is not the da baby daddy. I have to take Miss Joy on The Maury Show to find out "Who Da Baby Daddy Is." All I know about the daddy is it is supposed to have been a Tennessee Walker.

Here it is March and no baby!

I really loved the name Joy's Valentine but everyone is saying I need a different name because the baby didn't come in February. So, any ideas? It still has to have Joy in it somewhere.
sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 06:59 am
@Arella Mae,
Joy's Shamrock?
Tai Chi

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 07:56 am
@sozobe,
Leprechaun's Joy?

Or the more generic "Joy of Spring" ?
JPB

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 07:58 am
@Tai Chi,
Tai Chi wrote:

Leprechaun's Joy?

Or the more generic "Joy of Spring" ?

Joy of Spring is nice...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 07:59 am
@Tai Chi,
"Ode to Joy?" Smile

"Joy's Luck"

"Joy's Clover"
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 11:39 am
Irish Joy? I like Joy of Spring.
Tai Chi

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 12:55 pm
@Aldistar,
Aldistar wrote:

Irish Joy? I like Joy of Spring.

As long as it's not "Irish Spring" Razz

http://www.images.asidatabuilder.com/images/prodimgs/5180000/5188086.jpg
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 01:25 pm
Yikes it seems Joy has been in a family way for years. Get with the program Joy.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 08:20 pm

What is the equine gestation period ?
jespah

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 07:23 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Lucky Joy
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 06:33 pm
David, my trainer says a horse is pregnant 360 or is it 340 days plus one day for each year of its age. She is almost six. So SHE SHOULD BE POPPING THAT BABY OUT!

I have no idea what is going on with this horse. Tonight, she was in the pasture running, bucking, and just kicking up her heels! Mac was doing it right along with her. I almost felt like they were making fun of me being so nervous about this!

Someone told me that they get like an extra burst of energy before they give birth but seriously, I am about to give up on her having a baby at all!

I love the names. Joy's Shamrock and Joy of Spring I like a lot.
Sglass

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 06:44 pm
@Arella Mae,
Oh Arella Mae this is worse that waiting for an income tax refund. Just keep treading water that baby horse will be here soon!
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 08:35 pm
@Sglass,
ROFL! Would you believe we had both state and federal income tax refund checks within three weeks?

I am spending my half on baby stuff. Blanket, rain blanket, toys, cool stuff.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 08:42 pm
@Arella Mae,
I liked a science fiction show called KYLE XY,
about a young fellow whose gestation period was too long,
in consequence whereof he evolved into a supergenius
extra adept of mind and body.

He may be born smarter than Dr. Odom

David
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 11:34 pm
Joy's Emerald

(if it's a girl, it could be Emmy for short)

There are tons of great Irish names, too.
0 Replies