Sarah Palin, too weird.

JTT

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 10:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
"She had a surprising amount of disinterest in state government after November," said state Rep. Les Gara, D-Anchorage. "This state has a lot of problems, and she showed a complete lack of interest in solving them."

Perfect material for a Republican president, she's just like George Bush was!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 05:45 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

Meanwhile, re: the possibility of this abrupt departure being related to a big scandal, I remembered reading about this during the campaign:

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/national_enquirer_world_exclusive_sarah_palins_secret_lover_revealed/celebrity/65481

It's the National Enquirer and so my default response is skepticism. At the same time, it was the National Enquirer that pursued and broke the John Edwards story, and it was also the National Enquirer that found out Bristol Palin was pregnant and forced the McCain/ Palin campaign to roll out that info earlier than planned. So while I still don't give the National Enquirer much credence, I don't dismiss it out of hand, either.

And there are reports that Hillary Clinton used CIA assasins to have three of her husband's girlfriends killed. The story is just waiting to break.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 06:04 am
@JTT,
yeah, what he said. I got my GED in one try from one place.
0 Replies

Yankee

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 06:10 am
Look at all the Democratic Supports piling on Sarah like they were at a orgy.

Amazing how Democratic supports are angry about a successful woman in govt.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 06:36 am
@Yankee,

Democratic hate mongers are enjoying a feeding frenzy orgy and they still take the
time to blame all of life's problems on GW Bush. What a bunch of hypocritical morons!
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 06:43 am
@Yankee,
I believe I'd leave out that adjective there pal.
0 Replies

Yankee

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 07:37 am
@H2O MAN,
One would think that a supporter of the Democratic Party would be more upset about actions of woman like Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, Maxine Waters then with a successful Governor like Mrs. Palin.

Maybe they fear her.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:23 am
@Yankee,

Women like Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, Maxine Waters and Hillary Clinton get a fee pass.
nimh

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:25 am
@Yankee,
That doesn't make sense. A supporter of the Democratic Party is pretty likely to believe that Nancy Pelosi is doing an OK or fine job, and pretty unlikely to believe Palin has been a "successful" Governor. So why would they be more upset about Pelosi than about Palin?
dyslexia

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:28 am
@Yankee,
Quote:
a successful Governor like Mrs. Palin.[/quote when the going gets tough, quit.
Yankee

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:31 am
@nimh,
Quote:
A supporter of the Democratic Party is pretty likely to believe that Nancy Pelosi is doing an OK or fine job, and pretty unlikely to believe Palin has been a "successful" Governor. So why would they be more upset about Pelosi than about Palin?

Sure it makes sense. Supporters of the Democratic Party are sheep if they think highly of the work performed by the aforementioned. They are sheep as they parrot the words defaming Gov. Palin from other democratic Supporters.

Objective observers would find that silly. Wouldn't you?
JTT

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:31 am
@Yankee,
Those ladies can put together coherent thoughts and then express them. Sarah, on the other hand sounds like a voluble h20man. That you find that kind of ignorance/stupidity a good thing in those who govern says a lot about the quality of your thought processes.

Fear another idiotic GWB, that's certainly something to consider given the dismal people that Republicans nominate, McCain, Palin, and elect; GWB, Reagan, ... .
Yankee

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:33 am
@dyslexia,
So far, no scandals have been uncovered. So what's "tough"?

You mean, "tough" like when a Gov. is busted with a hooker or a gay lover or a So American mistress.
Yankee

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:39 am
@JTT,
Quote:
Those ladies can put together coherent thoughts and then express them.

Really? You can't be serious.

Translate this for Mr. Geitner because he obviously understand her babbling.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=maxine%20waters&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

Try this one also.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=nancy%20pelosi&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:48 am
@Yankee,
Yankee wrote:

So far, no scandals have been uncovered. So what's "tough"?

You mean, "tough" like when a Gov. is busted with a hooker or a gay lover or a So American mistress.

So, if she didn't quit because it was tough, why did she quit? Loss of interest in the job?
JTT

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:52 am
@H2O MAN,
I've never heard of those. Just how much do these fee passes cost?
engineer

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 09:00 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

The only ones I can think of left their positions when they were elected to a higher position, Barack Obama for one.

Or perhaps left it in the course of running for a higher office, Bob Dole.

I can't think of anyone that left office for no apparent reason and no stated reason.

Dole quit the Senate to run for President and Weld quit as Governor of Massachusetts to lobby for ambassador to Mexico. Outside of those two (both of whom were unsuccessful), I can't think of anyone who left office to campaign for another one. Lots of people resigned after being elected to higher office.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 09:09 am
@Yankee,
Yankee wrote:

Quote:
A supporter of the Democratic Party is pretty likely to believe that Nancy Pelosi is doing an OK or fine job, and pretty unlikely to believe Palin has been a "successful" Governor. So why would they be more upset about Pelosi than about Palin?

Sure it makes sense. Supporters of the Democratic Party are sheep if they think highly of the work performed by the aforementioned. They are sheep as they parrot the words defaming Gov. Palin from other democratic Supporters.

I think what objective observers find silly is that someone with as thin a resume as Gov. Palin can command the attention she does in Republican circles. There are some smart and capable Republicans out there, Romney and Pawlenty probably being the foremost, who could really stand toe to toe with the Democrats and push an agenda. Yet for some reason, Palin commands attention. Palin just doesn't bring anything to the table, but acts like she does and amazingly can draw big crowds. Just seems to be just one more stunt to pull press coverage. In the next two years, Palin was going to have to make hard, executive type decisions. She chose to duck that.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 09:15 am
@Yankee,
Yankee wrote:

I think where you wrote "objective," you meant to say "conservative" or "Republican".

And no, I wouldn't.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 09:17 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Just how much do these fee passes cost?

They are FREE

I told you my typing skills suck...