osso and her eyes, again

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 10:57 pm
I'm about to schedule some surgeries, not for a while yet - mid or late summer. I bring this up since I talked with surgeon number two today.
I have quite a history here on a2k about all this, so I'll give links. Lots of drama, for me and some of you who followed at the time.

This is hard to summarize, to curd, but I'll try -

I've seemingly life long had retinitis pigmentosa - of course I have it now, but exactly when did it start?

I first cottoned on to it around age nine, but I can't judge re other people's vision before then. UCLA etc, asked me not long ago, was there any problem at birth, and yes.. I was a blue baby, according to my mother. But, who knows, re the effects of that. I'm one, for them, with no genetic chain to point to. I had my dna parsed many years ago, in case I was an rp match. eh, no.

Diane keeps talking to me about starting a thread on this, as she's experienced me getting around in daily life and is startled again and again about how my eyes affects my life. But many people deal with stuff - culture just tends to vaporize a lot of that as noticeable, at least on the sleek reportorial surfaces.

I'm pretty inured - I made it through italy in '99 for a month by myself (mostly).
Anyway, today I have a go ahead for the two surgeries and I just have to pick the date of numero uno. I'll talk about those
later.

I start this as a title post and will supplant with some oldie but goodie osso eye thread links, interesting to me anyway, though I understand skipping all that.
I lost my mind at some point in them, but I forget exactly where.

Re the Panz, I understand every word.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 11:06 pm
@ossobuco,
Hah, cute. I didn't mention the more, the left eye which did so well after surgery four then going down hill over years, and right eye now growing a cataract, not unexpected. Normally not such a scary thing, but given the surgeries from left eye that started with a cataract, a bit of a worry.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 11:19 pm
@ossobuco,
The biggest trouble with all this is that I haven't behaved as a sharp adult re what if I go blind. That is because it would be a mess I have no recourse for. I have paperwork to put together, and much to resolve. So, finally, the procrastinator has to gear up. Which I'll do pre surgery.

Well, I'm such an optimist. Last time, it took me a few months to see across the kitchen, not a big kitchen, after surgery 1 & 2.

Why do I post? I'd like caring but I already know people care. I guess I post to get myself going on my malevolent paperwork.

Roberta

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 11:45 pm
osso, In a woid, oy. You know I'm one of the ones who cares. I'll be with you, kiddo, at a distance, but there.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 11:48 pm
@ossobuco,
I care, too. So, get to work on the paperwork.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 12:41 am
@roger,
Yes, you both get it. I need to shape up.

I just read this whole thread, got me crying, also interesting to me throughout, past, y'know, to the end.
http://able2know.org/topic/17762-13

There were other threads, and I'll try to line them up, not that any of us care, but re continuity.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 01:45 am
@roger,
What Roger & Robeta said, osso. I care, too. You matter! Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 02:41 am
@ossobuco,
Bugger.

That's a damn shame, Osso.

Is the surgery all for cataracts?
jespah

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 04:22 am
@dlowan,
Here and listening.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 04:28 am
@ossobuco,
Righty here too, Osso... going to read up. x

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 04:33 am
We all care, osso.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 05:23 am
Should you even be posting so much? Is that straining on you eyes? Im gonna be listening as you get on with the plans for surgery and recovery(Always think beyond the surgery and do the planning for that )
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 05:30 am
@ossobuco,
aha, so we'll see you round
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 08:30 am
Here, and listening...
Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 08:33 am
@ossobuco,
I am with you, Osso.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 08:36 am
@Eva,
me too!
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 09:00 am
@mismi,
I'm so glad you are scheduling the surgery. I worry about you driving re your current eye conditions.

BBB
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 09:27 am
@ossobuco,
I'll make the tea.

0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 09:36 am
with osso it's nothing but whine whine whine, I have to put up with her on a daily basis and what I listen to is, My eyes, my ears, my goathead weeds and last night she even called to to whine about how she went to the market and they overloaded her grocery bags so when she came home the bag ripped dropping a bottle of wine on her driveway and she not only lost the wine, she had to clean the driveway. If it isn't one thing with osso, it's something else. whine whine whine. Osso is also a product of california.
Joeblow

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 09:40 am
I could also goose the dys.

Just say the word.