Happy 2015- update

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 05:16 pm
I know, I don't come on here very often anymore. Many of us are friends on Facebook as well. For those of you not on FB I figured I'd say hi. I think I started posting here in 2005 (maybe 2004) so it looks like I have hit the 10 year mark.

2014 was filled with changes (for the better). John moved out early that year and I adjusted to being a single mother. It was hard at first but we have adapted well and the kids are happy. The divorce was granted in December and it has been a huge relief. He still texts me saying he loves me and misses me. I usually ignore him or reply with a simple "I'm happy now, you can't keep doing this. Please only text me if it involves the children."

I dated a man for a while after the separation. It helped greatly. Taught me I was lovable and deserved to be treated well. I had let John walk all over me for so long that I thought it was my fault...

The man and I ended the relationship last year. He helped me grow immensely and we are still close friends. I took a step back from dating for about 5 months. Reflected on myself, spent time with friends and with the kids.

I went back to my career. Starting over was hard at first but I couldn't be happier. I see my neurologist regularly for the epilepsy but he said I will never be seizure free. I take two different medications daily, one which is an AED and mood stabilizer so I have much better control over my emotions and now that John isn't pushing my buttons I no longer feel angry.

The kids are doing great. They go with their father every other weekend so they are with my the majority of the time. My oldest is in 1st grade and is a smart cookie. My youngest will be in kindergarten in the fall.

My personal life is going well. I have been seeing a man that I have known for about 1.5 years. We have many things in common, have the same goals in the life and have a similar view of the future we want. We have gotten to know each other very well and we are taking things slow. I am hoping that it will turn into something wonderful someday and if it doesn't then that is ok too. I am happy in the moment and that is what should matter.

I just hit the dirty thirty mark of my life too. Thirty is the new twenties!

Hope everyone is doing well. I still think of this site and check on it. It's interesting to go back and read my old posts. To see how much I have changed, how much I have grown with life experience!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 853 • Replies: 3
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 05:27 pm
Great to hear from you and I admire your description of your life and situation.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 08:20 pm
Christine, good to see you at dirty thirty (laughing). So glad you are doing well and are basically happy now. Keep visiting when you feel like it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 09:07 pm
@Crazielady420,
Wonderful to see you there and here.

Your girls are clearly little energy bombs - always up to something.

So glad that you seem to be having a good time with friends and family.

You're such a freaking grown-up!
0 Replies