Who Killed JFK?

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 07:52 pm
It was a Friday in LA, around 11 a.m. I was in Leed's shoe store in Westwood, California, buying a pair of short pumps so I could wear heels and not tower over this fellow I dearly loved immediately upon his asking me out. I was at the cash register and the rock and roll was interrupted for a news bulletin...

I took my change and walked out, tears already streaming. I walked up the one more block before you got on UCLA campus, and then along Westwood into campus to wherever I was going, forget what class in the Zoology building. No one I passed knew, they were all normally walking around and I was awash in tears walking. I went into the med center to go through the usual corridors to the Zoo building and as I wound my way through there other people started to react.

I ended up just going home, a bunch of busses to do that. (I still lived at my parents'.) And then I had a date with the fellow I was crazy about. We watched Lawrence of Arabia at the Crest Theater. I've not seen it since. We barely talked. At the end of the evening, he told me we needed to break up, because of our religious differences. (He was an atheist, I was an on my way out Catholic.) So now I was totally silenced, just stunned, and watched tv for most of the next 48-72 hours.

The next week, Monday? Tuesday? he called, and said, "I didn't mean it".

That gave me some small balloon of balance, short lived, as we did break up finally. I've long remembered that stunned weekend when all my hope just went and died.

I've had other double blow days, will tell about another one sometime, but that one affected me for decades.

I've reread this and see I seem to be babbling about some date I had the day Kennedy died. It wasn't just some date, re my life and this guy's importance in it, and all that, which was the deepest emotional thing I had ever experienced, was a tangent to my horror at Kennedy's death.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 01:33 pm
I was 16 when Kennedy was shot. My high school was in the parish of St. Frances Cabrini, who I think was the first American saint, headed by Monsignor Maino, a good friend of George Romney, then Republican Governor of Michigan and the father of current Republican Governor of Massachusetts Willard "Mitt" Romney. The Detroit News was doing a feature on the Monsignor and the parish and the students of the high school and grade school, were outside, posing for a aerial photograph taken of the entire complex. One of the younger lay teachers cut out of the process and went to his car where he listened to his radio and heard the news.

I have been struck this week by the memorial programming on PBS, examining the Kennedy family. It is pretty hard hitting and unblinking and I am learning things that were under my radar as a very young teenager as well as things that were not widely known at the time.

This is particularly pointed when one considers how cowardly the conservatives were about the Raygun movie on CBS that they blocked the showing of.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 04:12 pm
The Reagan movie wasn't 'blocked'; it was protested.
You know, freedom of speech...
You can catch it on Showtime.
0 Replies

KYN2000

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 05:13 pm
New Haven
Pueo
Frank Apisa
Steve:

Do not think (for one second) that human beings well ever believe, that one insignificant person could change the course of history.

You can kill your neighbor...... and that I will believe.

You can burn a building, and kill hundreds......and that I will believe.

You can ignore an iceberg at the wheel of a great ship, and sink two thousand....and that I will believe.

I will never then even suggest conspiracy, plot, or intrigue!

But one cannot, all alone by one's insignificant and puny self, kill one man (one Icon of a man) and change the very course of history!

Hear me!

That I will not, ever believe!

Lee Harvey Oswald could kill a lowly police officer : surely less than an Icon of a man.

But not (ever) John Fitzgerald Kennedy!

That I cannot....and will never believe!

Frank....and others:

Best of luck, to you!
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 05:16 pm
KYN, not everybody thinks the shooting of JFK " changed the course of history." Pearl Harbor and 9/11 changed the course of history.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 05:24 pm
History is the past, events occur in the present - the course of history has not been changed, these events are history.............. I can sometimes be too, too pragmatic Exclamation
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 09:18 pm
My apologies for having been absent from this thread over the last couple of weeks. I have been computerless that whole time, a fate worse than being forced to spend a day in a pitch black room.

Piffka, you asked me a question. No, I wasn't ignoring you; just couldn't get back until just now.

I have no coherent personal theory as to who, specifically, was responsible for the assassination. I do think, however, that there are so many loose ends and unanswered questions, that the topic needs to be kept alive. I don't know how many shooters there were, nor who put them up to it. But if we stop digging, future generations will never know the truth. It's out there. At this late remove in time, it isn't even a question of bringing anyone to justice. I would just like to know, for the sake of historical clarity.

Thanks to all who have participated in the poll. If nothing else, it lets me know that I am not a lone conspiracy nut, looking for answers to unformulated questions. It would seem the majority of A2Kers don't believe that Oswald acted alone and quite a sizeable minority don't think he even fired a shot.
0 Replies

KYN2000

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 11:06 pm
Merry Andrew

My above post is misleading.......to say the very least.

Why I have not yet learned that "tongue in cheek" posts (as mine was intended to be) do not (ever) translate.....I'll never know!!

In other words:

My above post was meant to mean that, not only DO I absolutely believe that Lee Harvey Oswald acted all by himself.....I would stake my very life on it.

What I meant to say (sarcastically) was this:

No one can believe that one insignificant person can do something monumental! All by himself!

A "nobody" cannot change the course of history!

Also this:

Not in the history of mankind, has a secret ever been kept!

That is not a question.

Even if those conspirators had lived for only a brief period of time.

Even a month!

In fact!

If indeed other people (other than Oswald) had conspired to kill John Fitzgerald Kennedy.....only a blind person would believe that this secret would follow all of them to their grave!

And if some of those conspirators are still alive ....their girl friends haven't heard about it?

And ths!

By some accounts, there were probably 1000 and more!!! people who were in on this assassination!

Sure....to this day not one has sold his/her story! For $$$$millions!

That is sarcasm, again.

Ok....only 10 were in on it?

To this day, 40 years later....not one has wanted to be famous?

My post above was sarcasm!

Lee Harvey Oswald killed John Fitzgerald Kennedy!

Even though, one puny, little insignificant person should never be allowed to do so. Ok, I will admit that much.

And I also disagree with another above post!

The death of John Fitzgerald Kennedy, did indeed change the course of history!

Your own death will change the course of history.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 04:38 am
KYN2000, why do you assume that no one who was privy to a 'conspiracy' has ever come forward? More people have mysteriously died in Dallas, people who were in some way connected to Oswald or Ruby or the events of that day, than you can shake a stick at. In the begining, silencing the 'weak sisters' seems to have been the policy. If I actually had some inside information, at this point I'd be very loath to divulge it. There aren't enough $$$$s in the world to insulate one from all possible harm. Those who don't frighten easily can be silenced in other ways.

And, btw, there's nothing wrong with your sense of sarcasm. I got it the first time.
0 Replies

KYN2000

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 04:33 pm
Merry Andrew

I find this topic fascinating: to no end.

And, I do not mean the assassination of JFK!

I would never be able to sell a single ticket at the box office, if I were writing Hollywood screenplays.

I wouldn't pay a dime to see my "take" on the killing of JFK!

Your theory (and those of millions) however, is the true stuff of movie making.

Do you remember "The Manchurian Candidate" (1962)?

Rent it. It's still a great movie, Merry!

Ironic: it was released the year before, of which we speak!

Anyway....that is the stuff of what we need to make a movie!

Or maybe (in a pinch) Oliver Stone!

We do not need, my total simplicity!

My total lack of intrigue!

What we need is drama....conspiracy......shadows....and the darkest of corners, to make a nail biter!

We will not ever, accept (it would never sell) the fact that one speck of dust flew into the eye of a generation.....and altered it!

P.S.

Interesting that you "got" my first post.

Did you really, my friend?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 06:45 pm
KYN -- The Manchurian Candidate was a great movie. It was not a box office success because it was way ahead of its time. Richard Condon's book, on which the movie was based, was even better than the movie and it was, in large part, due to the success of the novel that the expression 'brain-washing' entered the mainstream vernarcular. Prior to this, the expression had been used by only a handful of behavioral psychologists.

You, my friend, seem to be getting two things mixed up here. Nobody is arguing against the possibility that a non-entity like Lee Harvey Oswald could upset an international apple cart by a couple of random shots fired at a limousine in Cow Town, USA. I don't think anyone but you has made that point. And, while I applaud your standing up for the common man and his/her ability to change the course of history in a matter of seconds, your argument does not in any way clarify the irreconcilable differences between the official Warren Report and the facts.

I truly have no axe to grind. I said in an earlier post that I accuse nobody. I have no idea who, besides Oswald, may have been involved in the assasination. But if you can easily explain the 'magic bullet' which managed to hit Kennedy in the throat, then exit through his wrist and wound Gov. Conolly; or how a half-assed marksman like Oswald (see his USMC record) could operate a bolt-action rifle in a manner inconsistent with the way that rifle normally functions; or why Jack Ruby was allowed to walk, armed, into a police station where the suspect in a major crime was an easy target -- well, then, I suggest you should apply for a job as a replacement for David Copperfield or Sigfried and Roy. Your illusionism is obviously superior to anything I have ever wirtnessed.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 07:04 am
I would much rather believe Oswald was guilty, but it is impossible for me to logically reconcile, as stated above, the weapon, the precision and the marksman to what occurred. I can't believe he (and the bullets) could have performed such a feat.
0 Replies

KYN2000

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 07:12 pm
Merry Andrew

I would like to thank you, for your (and all other's) responses.

It is indeed a fascinating piece of Americana.

I have an answer to all of your questions! And they are very straight forward indeed.

But all of us (even I, my friend) are convinced in our own unshakable convictions....and we are not listening.

What is most important, at least to me Andrew, is that we say goodbye....as friends.

Maybe we'll "see" each other again......in Novembers, to come.

Stay Well

D
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 10:08 pm
If you have not seen the newest evidence done by computerized techniques; it shows that one bullet did all the damage.
They adjusted the place of the car seats to be the way they were in the original car and the one bullet theory was correct.
I have watched all the evidence ever put out and now I feel certain the one bullet theory is correct.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 08:56 am
Could you link it, Ruach?
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 09:02 am
Doesn't anyone here watch "The X Files"?

They showed a young Cigarette Smoking Man make the hit.

But seriously now, Latham and I have something in common. I was also home sick from second grade when JFK was killed.
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 05:28 pm
pdiddie, i'm sorry i have no link, it was a tv special.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 05:39 pm
If you know or recall which network, I'll prowl their website...
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 01:22 pm
Pdiddie, I checked google under, computerized evidence of the killing of JFK. I did not seem to find the direct information needed.

I checked DISC channel and HISTORY channel. Nothing.

I added this photo which shows that Connolly was lower seated than JFk. I use to not believe the one bullet theory until this was pointed out. The makers of the show did computerizations of the bullet projectory from the library down to the car through JFK and into Connolly which showed it did happen that way.
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/JFK/dallas.jpg
0 Replies

Tantor

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 03:29 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
I have walked all over Dealy Plaza and looked at the window of the School Book Depository where Oswald allegedly had his post when the shots were fired. If he could make those shots count, using a bolt-action Carcano-Manlicher, the man was an Olympic-grade marksman. (Which his USMC record on the firing range contradicts.)

False. I have stood next to the window where Oswald took his shot and comparing to hitting a human silhouette at 100 yards on the firing range with an M-16 with a plain sight, Oswald's shot was much easier. It was much less than 100 yards. And he had a telescopic sight to make it even easier. It just wasn't that hard of a shot.

Your comment that his USMC record makes his shot unlikely is preposterous. Oswald had in fact qualified as a marksman. The commander of the USMC rifle school where Oswald qualified considered the shot, the rifle used, and Oswald's documented skills and stated unambiguously that Oswald was good enough to make the shot with the equipment he used.

Tantor
0 Replies