Who Killed JFK?

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2002 05:35 am
The KGB may have been quick to take advantage of the confusion which followed the assasination, but it did not instigate the first stirrings of doubt about the "official version." Conspiracy theories sprung up the day after Dallas District Attotney Henry Wade held his first press conference regarding the murder, the day after the event. Too many questions had been left unanswered. After the publication of the Warren Commission Report, these theories proliferated as that report was seen as a thinly-disguised work of fiction. The KGB probably fed some fuel to the fire. They had little to fear. Some right-wing conspiracy theorists did try to make an issue of Lee Harvey Oswald's having lived in Russia and his alleged ties to the Communist Party, but, other than that, there was nothing to tie the assasination to any Soviet plot. The major criticism of the investigation came mainly from the left necause it quickly became evident that there might be right-wing motives for getting rid of a very liberal President.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2002 07:30 am
The theories have been too conflicting for me. One day I am semi-convinced the CIA did it; the next, Castro agents. Then there comes in other information or rumor of information and I am at a loss again. I confess; I do not know whom to blame.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 08:55 pm
I thought it was general knowledge that The Mob killed JFK and RFK. The Mafia "delivered" the 1960 election for Old Joe & JFK and helped harass Castro. They then felt double-crossed when Bobby became Atty. General and went after them. The Kennedys didn't deserve death, but their arrogance was certainly off the charts.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 09:06 pm
I don't have access to it right now, because i'm at Lovey's house in Canadia, but i have a clipping of a letter to the editor of The New York Times from William Manchester. It runs to about three and one half columns. In this, Manchester, who is responding to a published criticism of the Warren Commission, tells how he was hired by the Kennedy family to both review the Warren Commission's report, as well as to investigate the "theories" of the assassination current at that time. Too bad that i can't go get the clipping now, because Manchester very compellingly supports the conclusions of the Commission. Largely because of my respect for Manchester as a biographer/historian, but as well for my respect for anyone who maintains high standards of evidence, and demonstrates them, i have, since first reading this letter, considered it to be the last word on the subject. Unless and until someone produces solid, supportable evidence to an extremely high standard of evidence, which substantially contradicts the Warren Commission, i've no reason to change my mind.
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 01:11 pm
I, too, change my mind now and then about JFK's murder. I used to think it was because of Cuba, but lately wonder about the Mafia and JFK's connections there. All those love affairs. Also, his father was connected with Irish "Mafia," his brother was obsessed with Hoffa.

I don't think the Kennedys were the people we thought they were. I was living in New England when JFK was shot, home with babies. It was a very sad time, the funeral on TV was devastating.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 01:53 pm
JFK conspiracy theories were never my idea of a good time, but I highly recommend Libra, a novel by Don DeLillo. He proposes an intriguing explanation of what happened, and, dare I say it, it's a creepily entertaining book. No one gets at American weirdness and paranoia like DeLillo!
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 09:22 pm
Look at WHERE he was shot.......
Anyone in that town didn't like Sir
Kennedy?
It is somewhat like looking at how
Bush supposedly won an election in
the state of Florida, which would never
have happened, but his brother just
happened to be Fl governor at the time.
Along with very strange missing voters
boxes, votes not counted, those boxes
were handled so many times, it would
be a wonder if there was a box left.
Then, a recount. Then, no lets not.
Ah well, just another day in the Land
of Nod. Nobody was or is watching,
why was nobody watching the day Kennedy
got shot. Why was it all kept a secret from
the average American. Oh Good Lord, how
totally inane can one human being be!
Or: to what lengths we will go to convince
ourselves that what we want to believe
is actually true.

You know how many men surrounded
a presidential cavalcade, which, we can't
do anymore because any NORMAL citizen
might up and shoot him - for greedily
snapping up wildlands for timber and energy
companies profits, while the rest of the world
looks at this "evil danger of the boogeyman-
TERRORISM" smallpox.....scream----fade out.
And now there is talk of how the poor do not
pay their fair share of taxes. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
He deserves to be shot, too bad, nobody
can get near them now, I think we had a
military coup but no one told anyone else.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 10:51 pm
babsatamelia
I like this last response of yours, particularly about the coup. I have long said we are in the midst of the sneakiest coup in history.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 12:17 am
Those of you who have never seen the movie Executive Action and remain interested in the JFK/RFK assassinations might want to rent it. It is an excellent movie.

This independently produced political thriller was the first film to directly address the John F. Kennedy assassination and the possibility of a conspiracy. Three leaders of the military industrial complex (played by Robert Ryan, Burt Lancaster and Will Geer) plot to kill the President. Much of the story is told using archive newsreel footage.

John Anderson, Walter Brooke, Paul Carr, Colby Chester, Will Geer, Gilbert Green, Burt Lancaster, Ed Lauter, Robert Ryan
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 02:00 am
It wasn't me.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 02:56 am
I think that people will be arguing this for decades. Somewhere out there knows, but I don't think that the general public will ever know for sure.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 03:03 am
I think it was Oliver Stone.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 03:38 am
I wasn't born yet!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 06:38 am
I know, but I'm not saying
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 07:12 am
Careful Exclamation
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 07:15 am
Look how long it took to get an honest look at Lincoln's assassination.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 07:20 am
So I wasn't born 'til after he died, and the truth won't be revealed 'til after I'm dead. Great Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 10:56 pm
I heard the truth will not be revealed until JFK has been dead for 50 years.

We'll all be dead Wilso!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 11:26 pm
He died in 1963, that makes "truth day" 2013. I hope to still be here if the world is.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 07:48 am
Well, everyone, welcome to the world of historigraphy. The truth will likely never be known, and historians of the future will, depending upon their degree of honesty and disinterestedness, attempt to piece together what is known to arrive at what they believe to be the most likely answer. This is how history always works--a fabulous story, better than any novel, soap opera or motion picture--seen dimly in fleeting glimpses.
0 Replies