Who Killed JFK?

Tantor

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 03:42 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
Also, the School Book Depository sits diagonally across from another red brick structure. That, plus the proximity of the 'grassy knoll', would tend to vreate echoes. I suggest that in a moment of panic. with the adrenalin rush attendant to that panic, few people are going to be calm enough to actually count the number of shots, let alone distinguish between a shot, a bavkfire or an echo.

All three shots came from Oswald's corner window on the sixth floor. We know this to be absolutely true because three men were looking out the windows directly under it on the fifth floor. The sixth floor was being rehabbed and the flooring had been removed so that there were cracks between the remaining floorboards. The three men could hear the three shots above them, could hear the rifle bolt being drawn back, and could hear the shells rolling on the floor above.

The great majority of the two hundred some witnesses in Dealey Plaza heard three shots, although one numbskull says he heard 15.

A radio broadcaster had placed a tape recorder on top of the structure directly across from the Depository, to capture background sound for a report about the visit. When he retrieved it and listened to it, he heard three shots. Unfortunately, the tech guys at the station inadvertently bulk erased it.

The recordings of police radio traffic also confirms there were three shots.

Tantor
0 Replies

Tantor

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 03:49 pm
Piffka wrote:
In the Zapruder film Kennedy is shot first from the rear and then from the front. How could the Warren Commission deny what seems so obvious?

Your interpretation of the direction of the shots is wrong. All three were fired from the rear of the car.

For an excellent visual explanation of the physics of the shots, go to your video store and rent the Nova program about the JFK assassination.

While JFK's head appears to move backwards, what you don't see clearly until you inspect the video closely is that his brains were literally blasted out of his head and form a dim red mist. The greater mass of his head is actually thrown forward in tiny bits of brain by the bullet, which fragmented into nearly 80 pieces, transferring all of its energy to Kennedy. The lesser mass of his skull is thrown backwards. In the Nova program, they fill human skulls with brain equivalent and shoot them. The skulls move toward the rifle.

Tantor
0 Replies

Tantor

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 03:55 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
KYN2000, why do you assume that no one who was privy to a 'conspiracy' has ever come forward? More people have mysteriously died in Dallas, people who were in some way connected to Oswald or Ruby or the events of that day, than you can shake a stick at. In the begining, silencing the 'weak sisters' seems to have been the policy. If I actually had some inside information, at this point I'd be very loath to divulge it. There aren't enough $$$$s in the world to insulate one from all possible harm. Those who don't frighten easily can be silenced in other ways.

False. People associated with the JFK assassination died at the normal rate of the general population and in ordinary ways. Gerald Posner in "Case Closed" lists the people who the conspiracy loonies claim died from unnatural causes and identifies their causes of death. There's simply nothing out of the ordinary here.

Tantor
0 Replies

Tantor

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 04:15 pm
Oswald shot JFK, alone.

Even before you examine the various scenarios, Occam's Razor tells you that the simplest explanation is the likeliest. Oswald as the lone gunman is much more likely than all the tangled, complex conspiracy theories, which always unravel like a cheap suit when you tug on their threads.

However, let's assume it was a conspiracy. There are a lot of conspiracy theories that sound plausible at casual examination. The simple-minded would say that so many conspiracy theories lead one to believe that one of them must be true. Yet, only one can be true. That infers that all but one are false. Even accepting a conspiracy, you must admit that almost all conspiracy theorists are liars who have concocted their "evidence" or fools who have mangled the facts out of stupidity and ignorance. Once you accept that all but one conspiracy theory is hoakum, it is a small step to realize that it is one more than that.

The facts lead back to Oswald. The bullets that struck Kennedy and Connally were proven metallurgically to have passed through the barrel of Oswald's rifle and match the unfired bullets he left behind. An eyewitness identified Oswald as the shooter of the third and fatal shot. His palm print is on the rifle. The rifle was purchased by him, sent to his mailbox, and identified by his wife as his. That same rifle was ballistically matched to an earlier murder attempt on a local retired general. Oswald fled the scene of the JFK murder and murdered a policeman who stopped him. That is powerful indication of guilt. He was undeniably running, trying to escape. He tried to fight with the policement who caught him in the movie theater, attempting to shoot another. Very guilty behavior.

Oswald did it. I met Jim Leavelle, the Dallas homicide detective who was handcuffed to Oswald when Ruby shot him. He said it was an easy crime to solve. He said they didn't consider it much different than the typical Saturday night shooting in Dallas except that there was a famous person involved.

And all those conspiracy theories are pure BS.

Tantor
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 11:23 am
It is difficult to say. That is my opinion. Maybe it was the CIA or Oswald . . .
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 09:08 pm
I don't vouch for the accuracy or veracity of this, but it's interesting.

http://www.jfkmurdersolved.com/index1.htm
0 Replies

maya

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 01:16 pm
Is anyone still here? I am on the side of conspiracy. Has anyone mentioned that the autopsy of JFK, as well as anycopies of the autopsy were lost. I repeat that the autopsy of the assassinated president of the United States was lost. There aren't any copies and the doctor who performed the autopsy is gone as well. Hmmmmmmm
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 02:04 pm
Hi Maya - sure would love to see this thread fired up - what's your take on conspiracy?????

Sglass
0 Replies

maya

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:45 am
There are some who say it is possible to take the rifle Oswald used and fire three times within the timeframe of the three shots fired. I know people who know guns well and they say yeah, you could do it, but try to aim, fire, reload three times at a moving target with that adrenaline rush in that time frame. No way.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 10:27 am
My beliefs recently has been running toward a little )to my knowledge) research individual - Nixon. The reason I came to this link is because I believe he is materially complacent in the RFK assasination. Just thickens the plot......
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 08:41 pm
Maya -- yeah, you can probably get off three shots from a bolt-action Manlicher-Carcano in the time allotted. Just barely. But you're not very likely to hit anything. For a serious marksman, speed is not of the essence; accuracy is.
0 Replies

maya

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 01:10 pm
Merry- My point(and theirs exactly). The single gunman will not fly. I don't think it was the Mafia and Giancana either, although they may have had an inkling it was going down. In the way of the world as it was then, I don't believe that they wouldn't have done it in front of Jackie. I think it was an inside job, a case of the chickens coming home to roost.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 09:08 am
Whew, what a read so far.....

No one seems to have mentioned the co-workers of Oswald saying he was in the 2d floor lunch room eating a sandwich at the time of the shooting.

Or, the massively obvious cover ups by the FBI.

Comments?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 09:51 am
J. Gordon Liddy from the grassy knoll from CIA orders initiated by Nixon....
0 Replies

maya

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:37 am
I don't think Oswald is off the hook. I think he was set up to be the fall guy. The picture was bigger than he imagined, I believe he did say something about the truth coming out before Jack Ruby got him.
0 Replies

tinmanak

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 08:13 am
review the recent science
I've never been a fan of big conspiracies -- someone eventually blabs if only because they usually lack the motivation to carry the secret into the grave. (What was Ruby's motivation?) But Occam's Razor doesn't support the lone gunman theory because there are too many important loose ends it doesn't explain.

Anyone serious about the JFK hit should review the recent science which concludes:
"The congruence between the acoustic evidence and the sequence of events derived from a reconstruction of the crime from video evidence is the major factor that led acoustic experts to conclude that there was a gunshot from the Grassy Knoll during the assassination. Exclamation The critiques of the acoustic evidence by the NRC panel and the FBI laboratory failed to consider that evidence."

http://www.forensic-science-society.org.uk/Thomas.pdf

As to who the 2nd shooter was, I don't know but I have to suspect a cell within CIA. The only groups capable of keeping secrets over generations are state intelligence agencies and the Vatican.
0 Replies

maya

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 04:18 pm
Yes, I believe the CIA did the deed, but how far up on the food chain can we take this? I don't believe they were rogues, and I don't think LBJ or Nixon called for the shot, though I would think it closer to Nixon than LBJ.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 04:29 pm
And, Nixon also ordered the murder of Bobby Kennedy - Melvin Belli was the lawyer for both Jack Ruby and Sirhan Sirhan Surprised
0 Replies

maya

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 05:18 am
No, but he didn't cry at the news. I steer closer to a CIA/J. Edgar thing. Actually, I haven't seen anyone delve into a J. Edgar connection, that is my own(I think). That could be a thread in itself-Why, with all the dirty tricks J. Edgar pulled didn't anyone out his homosexuality? I have never understood that without shivering at the thought of the power he must have wielded.
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 06:59 am
Not in the cover of the night,
But in the great light of day,
the assassins came
And blotted out the life of reason.
His mind, oh, his mind
Was shattered.
The earth cried out;
Men gaped in amazement.
The nation swayed, fell,
Broke into a thousand pieces.
Men shivered on the edge of chaos.
The abyss had opened
And from its depths
The Great Beast held on God's great leash
Had broken loose; in his train
Came panic, chaos, rout.
Something had gone out of
The heart of life forever.
Not a man died that day.
But you and I, my brothers.
Therefore, in the name of the people we will.....

Find the Killer! Find the Killer!
Find the Killer!

(Enter Fall Guy. All point to him)
The Fall Guy!

------------

He did it!

(The Fall Guy gets shot)

From Act II; Scene 1: Dallas - the play "Adam King" by Alexander Francis Horn
0 Replies