Who Killed JFK?

seaglass

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 09:48 pm
I'm loathe to make a comment on the Warren Commission's Report (though I understand Gerald Ford did some editing) but was amused that Elizabeth Hardwick, noted literary critic, commented that:

the Warren Report may stand out in history

as the American comedie humaine.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 10:08 pm
BillW -- I'm not sure that the Warren Commission issued a "sham report." I don't think it ever made a serious attempt at anything like a thorough investigation. It simply took the information that was provided (by the FBI, the Dallas police, etc,), accepted it at face value, and collated the whole into a logical sequence without looking to see if any of the alleged "facts" were compromised or tainted. It was a cut-and-paste job, not an investigation.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2002 11:36 am
Merry, sham may be strong; but not too strong. It was a hoax in that it was official and an attempt to quiet the people. Anybody in power who would of questioned it wanted it to go away. Maybe, coverup maybe better. Ask not the relevant question, do not investigation, question no answers.

BTW, I want to believe the Warren Report, I really do. I will probably go to my grave with the report as the most accurate information.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 12:53 pm
Quote:
The father of White House press chief Scott McClellan is about to make big news of his own: with a new conspiracy-theory book that pins the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy on Lyndon B. Johnson.

Johnson tapped his top confidant and personal adviser, Edward Clark, to handle the dirty details, Barr McClellan writes in "Blood, Money & Power: How L.B.J. Killed J.F.K."

Clark started the plot rolling as early as 1961, McClellan writes. He describes a key meeting at the then-veep's Texas ranch, as recalled by a friend of Clark, who died at age 86 in 1992.

"Johnson suddenly let Clark go. 'That envelope in the car,' he said quietly, almost an afterthought, 'is yours.'

"Stepping toward the car, he muttered, 'Put it to good use,'" McClellan writes in the 480-page book due out Sept. 30 from Hannover House publishers.

He continues: "Clark opened the envelope. It contained the policy manual for protection of the President."

Book: LBJ Did It
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 01:56 pm
Oferpetesake! Is this for real?

LBJ had a lot to answer for, but I don't JFK's death should be on the list!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 09:51 pm
This question should also cover who killed Marilyn Monroe, because JFK could be a suspect there.

Shall we wait the 75 years to find out who killed Jfk?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 03:51 pm
When I was a youngster there was a cartoon and the question was who Killed Cock Robin. I never did find that out either. Conspiracy theories abound but the truth will never be known. However, as long as there is a buck to be made they will continue.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 04:53 pm
What about the Lindberg baby au. That's a little before you time isn't it?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 04:59 pm
Bill
No the Lindberg baby was not before my time. I was rather young. That was IMO, from evidence now presented a legal lynching. Someone had to pay.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 07:54 pm
I was trying to point to the heavy conspiracy theory that was ongoing at the time au. I thought you might be young then. Heard it was a massive ongoing stage show........ Question
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 04:27 pm
I don't know who killed JFK, I was hoping someone on A2K would tell me.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 09:47 pm
I may have mentioned this before, but anyone interested in this topic should read Don DeLillo's novel, "Libra". It's brilliant...
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 10:23 am
I still believe that J. Gordon Liddy is a prime suspect. That guy is plain creepy - him and Ollie North are straight out of Satan's pocket!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 04:31 pm
Amen, Bill.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 05:12 pm
This is kinda interesting:

www.jfkmurdersolved.com

I sat next to and chatted with Zack Shelton, the retired FBI agent who put most of this together (at a crawfish boil, in Beaumont, TX, in April of this year).
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 08:00 pm
Thanks for the link, PDiddie. Looks interesting.
0 Replies

casey

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 12:16 am
Confused I have read many of your replys. Some of you just think that JFK
is dead and that we should leave it at that. The thing that we need to
focus on is that the government helped cover up this death. That's
what scares me. I'm somebody that likes to think that my country
is an honest one but it's not, especially if this happened! Sad
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 03:07 am
Welcome to the forum, Casey. Your input is appreciated.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 10:17 am
The reason to investigate this seriously - again - is that it is intolerable that someone could arrange the murder of the president and get away with it permanently.

There was a special on The History Channel a few years ago called "The Men Who Killed Kennedy," which seemed to have worked the conspiracy all out and determined who was involved. Unfortunately, I saw it several years ago and the details are a little hazy in my mind. Maybe the theory advanced in this film is wrong, but it sure appears that they have the names, dates, places, and witnesses.
0 Replies

latham

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 03:46 am
I was 7 years old and in the 2nd grade. I had stayed home from school that day due to illness, cold, tummy ache? I can't remember but nothing serious. I was laying on the couch and Mom was sitting on the other end folding laundry and watching "As The World Turns" when they broke in with the news. I was more effected by the reaction of the people around me.
0 Replies