Guns: how much longer will it take ....

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2021 07:33 pm
@oralloy,
the laws ban weapons, not grips. your objections are just plain silly and illogical to an extreme. hightor is right.
oralloy

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2021 07:33 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
so you didn't actually read the critiques where they explain their ratings, where the right wing propaganda fares worse than the reputable outfits. thought so.

They all receive the same rating. That's what is known as the truth.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2021 07:34 pm
@oralloy,
one scoffs.
oralloy

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2021 07:35 pm
@MontereyJack,
Progressives always scoff at facts and reality.
oralloy

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2021 07:40 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
the laws ban weapons, not grips.

Wrong again. Laws against pistol grips, ban pistol grips.

MontereyJack wrote:
your objections are just plain silly and illogical to an extreme.

Wrong again. Pointing out the truth is neither silly nor illogical.

MontereyJack wrote:
hightor is right.

Let's see if he can back up his claim and provide an alternative justification for outlawing pistol grips.

Thus far no one else has been able to provide any motivation besides the fact that progressives enjoy violating people's civil liberties.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2021 08:53 pm
@oralloy,
no, it's you that does that.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2021 08:57 pm
@oralloy,
laws that ban eapons ban weapons, not grips. Pistol grips are neither a necessary nor a sufficient condition for declaring something illegall. and a pistol grip itself is perfectly legal. Pistols by definition have a pistol gri, and they are not illegal, which shoots your argument to hell right there. tho semiauto pistols with detachable magazines are ceertaily lethal enough and violative in actkon of people's civl rights to merit another look at legality. Yhightor is right. your self-invented criterion is loopy.
snood

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2021 09:47 pm
MJ: No, it doesn’t
O: Yes, it does
MJ: I’m right and you’re wrong
O: Wrong! I’m right
MJ: You’re stupid
O: No, you are
MJ: It’s not about pistol grips
O: Yes it is
MJ: No, it isn’t
…………………………………………

Mother Mary, Joseph, Jesus and the wee donkey
Save us all.
oralloy

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2021 10:01 pm
@snood,
Perhaps progressives should stop trying to violate people's civil liberties for their own entertainment.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2021 10:03 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
no, it's you that does that.

Look again. You are the one who did the scoffing:

https://able2know.org/topic/131081-563#post-7141620
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2021 10:04 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
laws that ban weapons ban weapons, not grips.

"Banning semi-auto long guns whenever they have pistol grips attached to them" and "banning pistol grips on those semi-auto long guns" are just saying the same thing with different words.

If you'd like me to use your chosen terminology: The only reason why progressives try to ban semi-auto long guns when pistol grips are attached to them is because progressives enjoy violating people's civil liberties.

MontereyJack wrote:
Pistol grips are neither a necessary nor a sufficient condition for declaring something illegall. and a pistol grip itself is perfectly legal. Pistols by definition have a pistol gri, and they are not illegal, which shoots your argument to hell right there.

My argument stands undefeated. You cannot provide any alternative motivation for outlawing a semi-auto long gun whenever it has a pistol grip attached to it.

The only motivation for such laws is the fact that progressives enjoy violating people's civil liberties.

MontereyJack wrote:
tho semiauto pistols with detachable magazines are certainly lethal enough and violative in actkon of people's civil rights to merit another look at legality.

There is no justification for outlawing any handgun. Your own videos proved that such laws are pointless.

MontereyJack wrote:
hightor is right.

If that were true, you could post an alternative motivation for outlawing semi-auto long guns whenever they have pistol grips attached to them.

Yet for some reason you cannot.

MontereyJack wrote:
your self-invented criterion is loopy.

I know that progressives don't understand what reality even is, but no. Reality is not something that people invent.

I did not invent the fact that you are trying to outlaw semi-auto long guns whenever they have pistol grips attached to them.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 04:29 am

what's wrong with this picture...

https://iili.io/uakD7e.png

oralloy

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 07:10 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
what's wrong with this picture...

The problem with the picture is, the person who created the picture has an unhealthy obsession with the question of whether murder victims are killed with a gun or killed with some other weapon.

Murder victims are just as dead no matter what is used to kill them.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 02:09 pm
@oralloy,
The point of the picture is to show the high rate of homicides committed with guns in the US.

According to the CDC the number of homicide deaths in the US in 2019 were 19,141, of those firearm homicides numbered 14,414, 74.25% of all homicides.

Comprehensive firearm regulation is required to mitigate the high level of firearm homicides in the US.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 03:16 pm
@oralloy,
None of your points heere is true, none. your logic is as usiual faulty. the motivstions you persist in attributing to "progressives" are purely figments of your imagination, not progressive motivations at all.. mit is apparent youoir mootivatiation is trolling the discussion. and that is fact, not opinion.
oralloy

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 03:23 pm
@MontereyJack,
Wrong again. Everything that I said is true and my logic is always perfect.

If there were some other motivation for outlawing pistol grips then you would be able to describe that alternative motivation.

Yet for some reason you completely fail to provide any alternative motivation every single time.

The reason why you always fail to name some alternative motivation is because the only reason why progressives try to outlaw pistol grips is because they enjoy violating people's civil liberties.

Pointing out facts that you would prefer to whitewash is not trolling.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 03:31 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
The point of the picture is to show the high rate of homicides committed with guns in the US.

As I said, the person who created the picture has an unhealthy obsession with the question of whether murder victims are killed with a gun or killed with some other weapon.

InfraBlue wrote:
According to the CDC the number of homicide deaths in the US in 2019 were 19,141, of those firearm homicides numbered 14,414, 74.25% of all homicides.

So what? Murder victims would be just as dead if they were killed with some other weapon.

InfraBlue wrote:
Comprehensive firearm regulation is required to mitigate the high level of firearm homicides in the US.

There is no need to mitigate it. It doesn't matter one bit that a murder victim is killed with a gun instead of killed some other way.
oralloy

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 03:44 pm
@Region Philbis,
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 06:45 pm
@oralloy,
You realize of course archie bunker is a laughingstock for his blatant prejudices and the lousy justifications for them so it's nokt surprising he makes the same stupid argument you've been pushing for years.. dumb when hemakes it, dumber when you do it thirty years later.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 07:03 pm
@oralloy,
yOU CAN'T DO a drive-by knifing. You can't do a mass strangulation at a walmart. you can't do a road rage poisoning. but they're all easy peasy with guns. Your argument is irerelevant, as always.