Guns: how much longer will it take ....

vikorr

Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 03:11 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Reality is reality regardless of perspective.
I would have said fact is fact regardless of perspective. 'Reality' is such an elusive word that it too usually comes down to perspective (being most often used in reference to a 'persons reality'). And I'd only call 'fact' something that is indisputable (ie. something that can't be taken in any way shape or form as a perspective).
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 12:47 am
In view of the constant and unremitting racism posted by far right extremists I think this is the best place for this opinion piece byBarrett Holmes Pitner .

Quote:
News stories emerge almost daily in the US about police being called over black Americans doing nothing more than being black. Writer Barrett Holmes Pitner explains why he thinks American racism is unique.

Last week in California, three black people - a Jamaican, a Canadian of Nigerian descent, and a London native - were confronted by seven police cars as they checked out of their Airbnb because a white American thought they were robbing the house.

Though they were not American, they were still subjected to racist American stereotypes - and being confronted with tense, potentially life-threatening altercations with police without ever committing a crime.

I've travelled a fair amount around the world, but America's racist status quo remains unique and alarmingly oppressive. American racism is entirely complexion-based and monolithic. One's nationality is immaterial.

Years ago during one of my trips to France, a woman at La Poste refused to sell me stamps because she thought I was African.

When she learned that I was American, she apologised and sold me the stamps. The racism I experienced in France is totally unacceptable, but it provided an escape not afforded last week to these three visitors to America.

In France, nationality usurped race, and while that can have its own problems, it was still very different from the racism back home.

When I was in London, I lived in Bethnal Green during the 2011 riots, which started after London police officers killed Mark Duggan, a black man.

As teenage vandals looted and set my neighbourhood ablaze, I remember casually walking down the street during the chaos and having a London police officer politely ask me to return to my flat. There was no tense exchange, I was not arrested, and I never feared for my life.

During the week of the riots, Londoners openly discussed how black people might receive different treatment from law enforcement, but conversations focused on analysing policing techniques, discussing ways to keep teenagers off of the streets during the summer when they do not have school, and catching looters via CCTV.

In the American discourse, a supposedly inherent danger or criminality of black bodies would have been used to justify the police's killing of Duggan and present the riots as an inevitable by-product of a "culture of crime". The killing of Michael Brown and the riots in Ferguson followed this all-too-familiar American script.

Racism towards black people in America has largely nothing to do with immigration or nationality. There is no home country for African-Americans to connect to. Instead it is essentially a status quo of domestic alienation, dehumanisation, criminalisation, and terror. European racism is bad, but it was still more welcoming than America's.

America's systemic racism starts with slavery and the various slave codes - state or federal laws created that codified the inhumane practice of chattel slavery into law. The American South was a "slave society", not merely a society with slaves. However, following the abolition of slavery, laws similar to the slave codes continued to oppress black people.

Following the Civil War, these "black codes" had the explicit purpose of depriving newly freed black Americans of the rights they had won. Black codes varied from state to state, but their legal foundation centred on vagrancy laws that allowed for an African American to be arrested if he was unemployed or homeless. They applied to countless blacks because housing and employment opportunities for freed blacks in the South were almost non-existent after the war.

Supporters of Virginia's Vagrancy Act of 1866, one of these measures, stated that it would reinstitute "slavery in all but its name".

White Southerners would report blacks for vagrancy, and law enforcement would arrest them and sentence African-Americans to up three months of forced labour on public or private lands.

The federal government fought against black codes during Reconstruction by electing former abolitionists and freed blacks to public office, and creating laws and adding amendments to the US Constitution to protect the rights of black Americans.

But following the collapse of Reconstruction in 1877, Southern states brought them back. Black codes became the bedrock of state constitutions. Poll taxes and literacy exams to prevent African Americans from voting soon became the norm. Jim Crow and racial segregation, which governed the South until the 1960s, are outgrowths of those laws.

As black families fled the South in the 20th Century during the Great Migration, black codes followed them to Los Angeles, Chicago, New York and elsewhere. Black Americans - who were domestic refugees fleeing state-funded terrorism - allegedly brought crime, unemployment, vagrancy, and drugs. Police departments across America responded with more black codes and aggressive policing of black communities.

Yale student speaks out: 'White people use police as a weapon'
Man threatens to report Spanish-speakers
Why Starbucks faces toilet trouble
Black life has always been criminalised and dehumanised in America. During Barack Obama's presidency, Michael Brown, Eric Garner and countless other unarmed African-Americans were killed by police, but with a black president many Americans felt progress was attainable. Social media raised awareness of these injustices and helped create the Black Lives Matter movement.

Under President Donald Trump, we have the same type of violence that America has always had, but now we have, at best, an indifferent federal government, and at worst a racist president. Due to this change, more white Americans are emboldened to re-employ black codes.

Under Obama, social media championed our desire for progress, and today it documents our obvious regression.

Last week in New York City, a black lawyer and her 19-year-old daughter were handcuffed and detained by police after being falsely accused of shoplifting. During the same week, the police were called by a white student at Yale University because a black Yale student was sleeping in the common area in their dormitory. In late April, an African-American family had the police called on them by a white woman for having a cookout in a public park.

Following the arrest of two black men for sitting in a Starbucks, and the increased awareness of similar injustices, the world can more clearly see the racist applications of the law that black people constantly face in America. Their arrest was black codes in 2018, but without the three months of forced labour.

Trump's presidency has exacerbated the problem and social media has raised awareness, but employing black codes and masquerading oppression against black people as democratic justice and fair law enforcement has sadly always been America's status quo.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44158098
oralloy

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 04:29 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
In view of the constant and unremitting racism posted by far right extremists I think this is the best place for this opinion piece byBarrett Holmes Pitner.

The only extremists here are the progressives who want to lynch people for protecting themselves from black aggression.

The only racism here is the claim that people should be prevented from protecting themselves when black people murder them or their pets.

BBC Fake News wrote:
News stories emerge almost daily in the US about police being called over black Americans doing nothing more than being black.

Trying to kill a woman's pet is hardly doing nothing more than being black.

BBC Fake News wrote:
Writer Barrett Holmes Pitner explains why he thinks American racism is unique.

Protecting yourself when a black person tries to kill you or your pet is hardly racism.

BBC Fake News wrote:
In the American discourse, a supposedly inherent danger or criminality of black bodies would have been used to justify the police's killing of Duggan and present the riots as an inevitable by-product of a "culture of crime". The killing of Michael Brown and the riots in Ferguson followed this all-too-familiar American script.

All too familiar indeed. Michael Brown was trying to murder a police officer, who justifiably defended himself.

Aren't you embarrassed to use a fake news source like the BBC?

After all of their unrelenting lies about Amanda Knox it is clear that no one should believe anything that they say.
vikorr

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 04:48 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Protecting yourself when a black person tries to kill you or your pet is hardly racism.
Actually, accusing a black man of trying to kill her or her pet...despite the evidence that he obviously didn't try to kill her or her pet...just because he is black (and making specific mention of that, like it means something)...would be racism.

The threat is purely one of perspective, and minor at that:
- Your evidence of the 'threat' (that of the mans own writing) ignores the written explanation that was provided immediately following (that he carries treats to show owners the problem with them keeping the pet off leash). In this, you are being selective in your choice of what words from the black mans own writing you will accept. You are highlighting what suits your agenda (from his writings), and ignoring the part that doesn't suit your agenda (from his writings). Why is that?
- you discount that he is the one that started recording (indicating free conscience). Why is that?
- The moment he started recording it was obvious the 'threat' was non-existent. But you disregard this when saying he was threatening the pets life. Why is that?
- you ignore his tone used in the video, to focus solely on a vague 'threat', disregarding the surrounding tone, and disregarding the surrounding explanation, and disregarding the surrounding behaviour. Why is that?
- you discount the womans poor behaviour. Why is that?
- You discount her apology as being forced (though you have no evidence of this). Why is that?
- you discount her words "I'm going to tell them" (which is never necessary when someone has done something against you. It's usually used when you are going to make up a story). Why is that?
- you discount the guys very obvious conscience free 'go ahead' when she tells him what she is going to tell the police. Why is that?
- you discount her continued repetition of 'Black african american male' (spoken like it meant something). Why is that?

Ie. Why have you engaged in the above behaviour??

You might explain away individual parts to yourself. As a whole, it takes a great deal of very blinkered perspective to see this as anything other than a racist incident.

She might have felt afraid initially at the vague 'threat'. However any normal person would very quickly realise that all the guy wanted, was the dog leashed. At that point, her threatening to make up stories (I'm going to tell them you threatened my life), then continually repeating 'black african american male' - is racist. Pure and simple.

oralloy

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 06:20 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
Actually, accusing a black man of trying to kill her or her pet...despite the evidence that he obviously didn't try to kill her or her pet...just because he is black (and making specific mention of that, like it means something)...would be racism.

He told her that she wasn't going to like what he was about to do and then tried to lure her pet away from her.

vikorr wrote:
The threat is purely one of perspective, and minor at that:

I would not regard an attempt to kill one of my cats as minor.

vikorr wrote:
- Your evidence of the 'threat' (that of the mans own writing) ignores the written explanation that was provided immediately following (that he carries treats to show owners the problem with them keeping the pet off leash).

None of these explanations were apparent to her when she made the 911 call. All she knew is that some strange guy told her that she wasn't going to like what he was about to do and then subsequently tried to lure her pet away from her.

vikorr wrote:
In this, you are being selective in your choice of what words from the black mans own writing you will accept. You are highlighting what suits your agenda (from his writings), and ignoring the part that doesn't suit your agenda (from his writings). Why is that?

Because those other parts are not relevant.

vikorr wrote:
- you discount that he is the one that started recording (indicating free conscience). Why is that?

Because it's not relevant. It doesn't change the fact that he had just threatened her and then tried to lure her pet away.

vikorr wrote:
- The moment he started recording it was obvious the 'threat' was non-existent. But you disregard this when saying he was threatening the pets life. Why is that?

Because it's not true. It was not obvious to her at all that there was not a threat. He was still present menacing her.

vikorr wrote:
- you ignore his tone used in the video, to focus solely on a vague 'threat', disregarding the surrounding tone, and disregarding the surrounding explanation, and disregarding the surrounding behaviour. Why is that?

Because his tone and surrounding behavior does not excuse his threat and attempt to lure her pet away.

And because there was no surrounding explanation. All she knew was that she was being menaced by someone who just threatened her and then tried to lure her pet away from her.

vikorr wrote:
- you discount the womans poor behaviour. Why is that?

Because it's not true. Her behavior was just fine. Aside from not having the dog on a leash, there was nothing at all wrong about anything that she did.

vikorr wrote:
- You discount her apology as being forced (though you have no evidence of this). Why is that?

Because I have ample evidence of it.

She clearly did not do what she is accused of.

She is being savaged for what she didn't do.

She apologized for doing something that she didn't do.

vikorr wrote:
- you discount her words "I'm going to tell them" (which is never necessary when someone has done something against you.

Lots of things are not necessary. She clearly hoped that the threat to call 911 would scare the guy off and make him stop attacking her.

vikorr wrote:
It's usually used when you are going to make up a story).

Nonsense.

vikorr wrote:
- you discount the guys very obvious conscience free 'go ahead' when she tells him what she is going to tell the police. Why is that?

Because it doesn't change the fact that he had just threatened her and then tried to lure her pet away from her. It is perfectly reasonable for someone to call the police when someone threatens you and tries to harm your pet.

vikorr wrote:
- you discount her continued repetition of 'Black african american male' (spoken like it meant something). Why is that?

Because as far as I know her words were factually accurate. Is he some other ethnicity?

vikorr wrote:
Ie. Why have you engaged in the above behaviour??

Because I have a strong sense of ethics and morality, and the atrocity that you are committing shocks my conscience.

vikorr wrote:
You might explain away individual parts to yourself. As a whole, it takes a great deal of very blinkered perspective to see this as anything other than a racist incident.

The only racism here is the notion that it is wrong to call 911 when a black man says you aren't going to like what he is about to do and then tries to lure your pet away from you.

vikorr wrote:
She might have felt afraid initially at the vague 'threat'. However any normal person would very quickly realise that all the guy wanted, was the dog leashed. At that point, her threatening to make up stories (I'm going to tell them you threatened my life), then continually repeating 'black african american male' - is racist. Pure and simple.

She did not make anything up. He did in fact threaten her.

The only racism here is the notion that someone can't call 911 when a black person attacks them.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 12:41 pm
@oralloy,
You're doing what you always do, trying to recast a situation where the white person is clearly in the wrong so that somehow you can make the black persOn who is clearly in the right out as somehow the villain of the piece. You're doing that here/. He wasn't attackng her. he had no intention of harming the dog. All he wanted was the dog on the leash as the park rules required. She didn't like the rules and invented a story and tried to sell it to the cops so she could endanger an innocent man's life and liberty. She just totally lost it. In this digital age, if you do that, your okwn actions are likely to come back and ahunt you and incrimninate you. That happened to her. Now she has to live with her actions that everyone can see and judge her on. And that judgment is deservedly harsh. Hard to argue with video, tho oralloy tries his best to make us not see what we clearly see.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 12:48 pm
@oralloy,
You re entirely inventing scenarios and motives out of whole cloth, on the basis of no evidence, and trying to twist the facts to support your wholly bogus narrative, which they don't. You always do it. You're doing it here.
vikorr

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 03:46 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
He told her that she wasn't going to like what he was about to do and then tried to lure her pet away from her.
Which of course could be viewed as threatening, as I said. However you have gone beyond this and stated that she threatened to kill her/her dog. You reinforce this once again, saying I would not regard an attempt to kill one of my cats as minor.

Quote:
None of these explanations were apparent to her when she made the 911 call. All she knew is that some strange guy told her that she wasn't going to like what he was about to do and then subsequently tried to lure her pet away from her.
This we agree on. It was silly of the guy to word his response in such a way before offering her dog a treat. I say silly - not criminal (being poorly worded is supported by the surrounding evidence).

What that vague 'threat' actually meant, would be seen in the follow up actions. If someone said what he said, then offered my dog a treat, I too would pull my dog back and tell him to f**k off. However, at the point he:
- starts filming,
- continuing to talk in a reasonable tone
- not moving towards me in any threatening way
... I would start asking questions as to why he is doing that.
- And if I were silly enough to say "I'm going to call police and tell them..."
- and he said "Go right ahead".

...At this point I'd be wondering what his go was, because his behaviour is no longer consistent with any threat, so had he meant any threat?

I wouldn't be escalating the situation even further, calling police, and continually highlighting 'he's a black african american man." with a vague 'he's threatened me'.

My issue with your writing, is how you interpret that to be threatening to kill her and her dog, and discount anything that says otherwise. She might have been frightened for a bit. And that fright would be justified to a degree. That fright after he offered her dog a treat, should have alleviated quickly given the subsequent calm, non-threatening, rational, conscience free behaviours of the man, but it continued to morph into a racist rant by the girl.

This is the common sense version of events.

So why do you feel the need to interpret things in a way that so strongly denounces the black man (to the point you are suggesting he should have been shot) and supporting the white girls racist rant?

Both did things wrong. No sane perspective includes 'he threatened her life' (whereas for a very short while, she may have believed he threatened the life of her dog). No sane perspectives includes he should be shot. At the point where she started calling police and going on a racist rant - it was very obvious that no threat existed. Supporting her racism on the basis of it's factual, while ignoring why she said it so many times, is poor (I very much doubt 911 forgot it after the first time she mentioned it)
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 04:17 pm
@vikorr,
NYPD and the Manhattan DA are looking into the possibility of filing charges against AAmy Cooper, the dog owner, for making false charges
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/if-we-can-make-that-arrest-we-will-the-nypd-is-considering-false-threat-charges-against-amy-cooper/ar-BB14LKOk?ocid=spartandhp
oralloy

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 05:21 pm
@MontereyJack,
This is why the three S's are the least-bad option when someone is attacked by a minority.
oralloy

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 05:40 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
Which of course could be viewed as threatening, as I said. However you have gone beyond this and stated that he threatened to kill her/her dog. You reinforce this once again, saying I would not regard an attempt to kill one of my cats as minor.

I really don't know what I'd do if I was in her position.

But I think that I'd be pointing a gun at him. And I think if he made any further move at me or my cat that I'd be pretty quick to open fire.

It's hard to know though. I really don't feel like being lynched by progressives. There really is justification for jumping straight to the three S's when you are attacked by a minority.

vikorr wrote:
This we agree on. It was silly of the guy to word his response in such a way before offering her dog a treat. I say silly - not criminal (being poorly worded is supported by the surrounding evidence).

What that vague 'threat' actually meant, would be seen in the follow up actions. If someone said what he said, then offered my dog a treat, I too would pull my dog back and tell him to f**k off. However, at the point he:
- starts filming,
- continuing to talk in a reasonable tone
- not moving towards me in any threatening way
... I would start asking questions as to why he is doing that.
- And if I were silly enough to say "I'm going to call police and tell them..."
- and he said "Go right ahead".

...At this point I'd be wondering what his go was, because his behaviour is no longer consistent with any threat, so had he meant any threat?

I wouldn't be escalating the situation even further, calling police, and continually highlighting 'he's a black african american man." with a vague 'he's threatened me'.

Perhaps that jogger in Georgia should have deescalated too. If he had not attacked Travis McMichael, he'd be alive today.

vikorr wrote:
My issue with your writing, is how you interpret that to be threatening to kill her and her dog, and discount anything that says otherwise. She might have been frightened for a bit. And that fright would be justified to a degree. That fright after he offered her dog a treat, should have alleviated quickly given the subsequent calm, non-threatening, rational, conscience free behaviours of the man, but it continued to morph into a racist rant by the girl.

There is nothing racist about calling 911 when a black man says you aren't going to like what he is about to do and then tries to lure your pet away from you.

vikorr wrote:
This is the common sense version of events.
So why do you feel the need to interpret things in a way that so strongly denounces the black man (to the point you are suggesting he should have been shot)

I already told you: Because I have a strong sense of ethics and morality, and the atrocity that you are committing shocks my conscience.

vikorr wrote:
and supporting the white girls racist rant?

There is nothing racist about calling 911 when a black man says you aren't going to like what he is about to do and then tries to lure your pet away from you.

vikorr wrote:
Both did things wrong.

The only thing she did wrong was not have her dog on a leash.

vikorr wrote:
No sane perspective includes 'he threatened her life' (whereas for a very short while, she may have believed he threatened the life of her dog).

That is a factual account, and telling the truth is perfectly reasonable.

vikorr wrote:
No sane perspectives includes he should be shot.

The lynching of this woman is an atrocity. People have the right to try to avoid being lynched. Eliminating the threat and slipping quietly away is the least-bad option.

vikorr wrote:
At the point where she started calling police and going on a racist rant - it was very obvious that no threat existed.

It was not at all obvious that no threat existed.

vikorr wrote:
Supporting her racism on the basis of it's factual, while ignoring why she said it so many times, is poor (I very much doubt 911 forgot it after the first time she mentioned it)

oralloy

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 05:45 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
You re entirely inventing scenarios and motives out of whole cloth, on the basis of no evidence,

Everything that I've said is backed up with solid evidence.

MontereyJack wrote:
and trying to twist the facts to support your wholly bogus narrative, which they don't.

The facts show that the black guy told her that she wasn't going to like what he was about to do, and then tried to lure her pet away from her.

MontereyJack wrote:
You always do it. You're doing it here.

You are the only person here who does stuff like that.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 05:47 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
You're doing what you always do, trying to recast a situation where the white person is clearly in the wrong

White people are not wrong to call 911 when a black person tries to kill her pet.

MontereyJack wrote:
so that somehow you can make the black person who is clearly in the right out as somehow the villain of the piece.

Black people are not right to try to kill people's pets.

MontereyJack wrote:
You're doing that here. He wasn't attacking her.

MontereyJack wrote:
He had no intention of harming the dog. All he wanted was the dog on the leash as the park rules required. She didn't like the rules and invented a story and tried to sell it to the cops so she could endanger an innocent man's life and liberty.

She invented nothing. She accurately described what the guy was doing.

MontereyJack wrote:
She just totally lost it. In this digital age, if you do that, your okwn actions are likely to come back and ahunt you and incrimninate you. That happened to her. Now she has to live with her actions that everyone can see and judge her on. And that judgment is deservedly harsh. Hard to argue with video, tho oralloy tries his best to make us not see what we clearly see.

White people do not deserve to be lynched by progressives for calling 911 when black people attack them. The three S's are the least-bad option when a minority attacks you.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 06:57 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
It's hard to know though. I really don't feel like being lynched by progressives.
What he did doesn't even come close to constituting a lynching, so why describe it that way.
Quote:
Perhaps that jogger in Georgia should have deescalated too. If he had not attacked Travis McMichael, he'd be alive today.

Here's the thing:

- McMichaels actually threaten the jogger's life with guns, and you blame the jogger for defending himself (saying it's his fault he got shot because he tried to defend his life)

- White girl hears a vague threat from a black man, so she misunderstands what he's doing when he offers her dog a treat, and you say she should have pulled a gun.

In your world, black people can't 'win' - they defend themselves and they are to blame for getting shot; they say something a bit wrong and they are to blame for getting shot. It's not a realistic world. It's a racist world.

If there were proportionality, or two sides of the coin considered - you might have something. But you don't seem to comprehend proportionality, and only see one side of the coin. And that side you defend regardless of any other possible perspective.

Quote:
Nor did I say there was. You will need to read more carefully if you think that is what I said.

Quote:
I already told you: Because I have a strong sense of ethics and morality, and the atrocity that you are committing shocks my conscience.
And what attrocity would that be?

Quote:
That is a factual account, and telling the truth is perfectly reasonable.
Facts can't be interpreted in different ways. You have no factual account that he threatened her life. What you have is words that you want to interpret as 'threatening a life'...but this ignores that it can be interpreted in multiple ways, and it also ignores the surrounding circumstances, and it ignores that his words became a lot clearer when he started recording, was behaving well, and talking in a very reasonable voice (this of course, relates to her call). Yours is an interpretation of events. And a one sided one at that.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 08:49 pm
@oralloy,
the legal department of NYC, which has seen the same video you have, and knows far mre of the law than you do, is investigating her, not him, for the fraudulent call. You once agaon, as you alwaiys do, try to spin it so the black guy is always the one at fault and the white person is the innocent victim. that's wahat you're doing here and no one is buying it. that's why you're repeatedly charged with racism. He was not attacking her or her dog or threatening to. Spin is not fact. And if it waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck…..
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 08:51 pm
@oralloy,
there was no attack. that's why the ny da is investigating her, not him.
oralloy

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 09:50 pm
@MontereyJack,
Wrong again. He told her that she wasn't going to like what he was about to do and then tried to lure her pet away from her.

The way this woman is being lynched is why the least-bad option for people who face any sort of attack by a minority is to apply the three S's.
oralloy

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 09:53 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
the legal department of NYC, which has seen the same video you have, and knows far more of the law than you do, is investigating her,

This is why the least-bad option for this woman was the three S's.

Nice appeal to authority fallacy, by the way.

MontereyJack wrote:
not him, for the fraudulent call.

Calling 911 when someone tries to kill your pet is hardly fraudulent.

MontereyJack wrote:
You once again, as you always do, try to spin it so the black guy is always the one at fault and the white person is the innocent victim. that's what you're doing here

The black guy is the one who said that she was not going to like what he was about to do and then tried to lure her pet away from her.

MontereyJack wrote:
and no one is buying it.

This is why the least-bad option for people who are attacked by a minority is the three S's.

MontereyJack wrote:
that's why you're repeatedly charged with racism.

Progressives falsely accuse everyone of racism as a crutch because progressives are not capable or defending their positions using facts or logic.

MontereyJack wrote:
He was not attacking her or her dog or threatening to.

Wrong again. He told her that she wasn't going to like what he was about to do, and then he tried to lure her pet away from her.

MontereyJack wrote:
Spin is not fact.

That the guy told her that he was about to do something that she wasn't going to like and then tried to lure her pet away from him is a fact.

MontereyJack wrote:
And if it waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck…..

Your lynching of this woman for trying to protect herself from a black man does indeed look exactly like a lynching. Shame on you.
oralloy

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 09:54 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
What he did doesn't even come close to constituting a lynching,

You are the person who is carrying out the lynching.

vikorr wrote:
so why describe it that way.

Because it is an accurate description of your behavior.

vikorr wrote:
Here's the thing:
- McMichaels actually threaten the jogger's life with guns,

Trying to ask him some questions while holding a shotgun does not threaten his life. He'd be alive if he had not violently attacked Travis McMichael.

vikorr wrote:
and you blame the jogger for defending himself (saying it's his fault he got shot because he tried to defend his life)

I wouldn't say blame. But he'd be alive if he hadn't attacked someone for only trying to ask him questions.

vikorr wrote:
- White girl hears a vague threat from a black man, so she misunderstands what he's doing when he offers her dog a treat, and you say she should have pulled a gun.

If this guy had tried to grab one of my cats he'd be looking down the barrel of a gun.

And he'd better back down quickly if he doesn't want me to open fire. I'm not going to let anyone hurt my cats.

vikorr wrote:
In your world, black people can't 'win' - they defend themselves and they are to blame for getting shot;

Perhaps they shouldn't violently attack people who are only asking them questions.

vikorr wrote:
they say something a bit wrong and they are to blame for getting shot.

Perhaps they shouldn't threaten people and then try to lure their pets away from them.

vikorr wrote:
It's not a realistic world.

Sure it is. Black people are capable of not attacking people.

vikorr wrote:
It's a racist world.

Expecting black people to not attack people isn't racism.

vikorr wrote:
If there were proportionality, or two sides of the coin considered - you might have something. But you don't seem to comprehend proportionality, and only see one side of the coin. And that side you defend regardless of any other possible perspective.

I see the truth.

I defend the innocent.

vikorr wrote:
Nor did I say there was. You will need to read more carefully if you think that is what I said.

It is exactly what you said.

vikorr wrote:
And what atrocity would that be?

The atrocity is your lynching of this woman.

vikorr wrote:
You have no factual account that he threatened her life. What you have is words that you want to interpret as 'threatening a life'...but this ignores that it can be interpreted in multiple ways, and it also ignores the surrounding circumstances, and it ignores that his words became a lot clearer when he started recording, was behaving well, and talking in a very reasonable voice (this of course, relates to her call). Yours is an interpretation of events. And a one sided one at that.

It is perfectly reasonable to interpret someone saying that you aren't going to like what they are about to do and then trying to lure your pet away as a threat.

It is perfectly reasonable to protect yourself from perceived threats.

Given the way this woman is being lynched, it is perfectly reasonable for people to apply the three S's instead of calling the police.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 10:32 pm
@oralloy,
You kjust keep digging yourself in more deeply. Demonize the black guy sanctify the white woman who went completely irrarional is what you always do and you're doing it here And people see thru it, which is why the Manhattan DA is investigater her, not him.