Guns: how much longer will it take ....

RABEL222

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 12:03 pm
@oralloy,
No body has to prove your an idiot. You prove it every day many times a day in your posts.
oralloy

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 12:20 pm
@RABEL222,
@RABEL222,
Typical progressive. You aren't capable of providing an intelligent argument, and you rely solely on childish name-calling.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 06:25 pm
'member when this was about guns and not people?
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:44 pm
@McGentrix,
When the dead horse has been thoroughly beaten, that's all that's left.
Glennn

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2020 07:44 am
@InfraBlue,
If that is true, then let's talk about the morons who claim that a pistol-grip makes a rifle especially dangerous despite their failure to back up that ridiculous claim.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2020 09:40 am
@Glennn,
Dullards with their heads up their asses don't know when a horse has been beaten to death, and conflate it with their straw man hobby-horse.
Glennn

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 09:12 am
@InfraBlue,
Let's refresh your memory a bit. You were riding a horse carrying your ridiculous claim that a pistol-grip--alone or in combination with other harmless features--makes a rifle especially dangerous. You were knocked off that horse. That horse is gone; no one is beating that horse. The horse is fine. You are the one being beaten. Every time you resurface to push your ridiculous claim, you'll be asked to back it up. And every time you fail to back it up, I will not fail to point out your failure to back it up.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 02:26 pm
@Glennn,
You Ollie and Cj2 are the ones pushing the pistol grip b s. I think you all think if you keep pushing g your bull shyt it will seem to be true. It will not. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows all three of you lie damn near as much as Trump.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 02:52 pm
@RABEL222,
rabel is completely wright. It's never been about pistol grips except in your universe of alternate reality.
oralloy

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 03:14 pm
@MontereyJack,
Your attempts to deny reality are futile. Here are two posts where you called for and praised efforts to ban pistol grips on semi-auto long guns:

https://able2know.org/topic/203766-209#post-5227079

https://able2know.org/topic/355218-2108#post-6598060

I'm sure that there are a lot more if I wanted to keep digging. But these should suffice.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 03:15 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
You Ollie and Cj2 are the ones pushing the pistol grip b s. I think you all think if you keep pushing g your bull shyt it will seem to be true. It will not. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows all three of you lie damn near as much as Trump.

Here are two posts where MontereyJack called for and praised efforts to ban pistol grips on semi-auto long guns:

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 06:49 pm
@oralloy,
You are lying once again about what those posts actually say and what I have told you repeatedly what I was saying and it's not your mistaken opinion. The posts don't mention pistol gri[ps. That obsession is entirely your own. tHEY WERE CLEARLY ABOUT BANNING SEMI AUTO WEAPONS. not their grips.
I was applauding their broadening the criteria they used to ban them, which I might add the courts have let stand as constitutional, no matter how you whine about it. We should just cut directly to the chase and ban alklk semi auto weapons with detachable magazines, since as the video I've posted several times of actual test firings clearly show, they wre capable of firing 30 aimed shots in under thierty seconds, and by extrapolation a hundred aimed shots in under a minute and a half, which is slaughter and clearly assault (look up the definition before you argue pointlessly). Pisto grps be damned. They are irrelevant. As are you.
oralloy

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 07:09 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
You are lying once again about what those posts actually say and what I have told you repeatedly what I was saying and it's not your mistaken opinion. The posts don't mention pistol gri[ps. That obsession is entirely your own. tHEY WERE CLEARLY ABOUT BANNING SEMI AUTO WEAPONS. not their grips.

Wrong again. You specifically mentioned pistol grips.

Your words:

"weapons with ONE functional feature (which oralloy mistakenly refers to as "cosmetic features") will be banned"

MontereyJack wrote:
I was applauding their broadening the criteria they used to ban them,

You were applauding their broadening the criteria so that even more weapons would have pistol grips outlawed.

MontereyJack wrote:
We should just cut directly to the chase and ban alklk semi auto weapons with detachable magazines, since as the video I've posted several times of actual test firings clearly show, they wre capable of firing 30 aimed shots in under thierty seconds, and by extrapolation a hundred aimed shots in under a minute and a half, which is slaughter and clearly assault (look up the definition before you argue pointlessly).

You have no evidence that a semi-auto rifle would fire that fast with five-round magazines.

MontereyJack wrote:
Pistol grips be damned. They are irrelevant.

As long as progressives keep trying to violate our civil liberties by outlawing them, they will not be irrelevant.

MontereyJack wrote:
As are you.

Gun rights activists are more than able to block your gun control efforts.

Look what happened with Barack Obama. He spent the entire first hundred days of his second term trying to outlaw pistol grips. The NRA defeated this attempt, and he had no political capital left to achieve anything in his second term.

We can block you over and over again as much as you like. Any political capital that Democrats waste trying to outlaw pistol grips, is political capital that they will never be able to use to achieve anything else.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 07:41 pm
@oralloy,
14 paragraph's of nothing bull shyt by Ollie.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 07:58 pm
@oralloy,
In a world of dumbass arguments, your -its-all-about-the-pistol-grip argument has to rank as one of the dumbest. It isn't. Never has been about the grip. Obama never made that argument, and the GOP was all about blocking his doing anything from the first day he wss in office, had nothing to do with guns.Did have a lot to do with racism, among other reasonms. And yes, I do cite evidence. 30 aimed shots with 6 round magazines, in 20-25 seconds depending on the test, about 2 seconds for a magazine change. Do the math. And of course no one is restricted to a 5 or 6 shot magazine when they're planning a mass murder. Come on, if you got through 6th grade you should be able to figure that oout.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 08:11 pm
@oralloy,
And congttrary to your words, Nowhere in those posts did I mention pistol grips. In fact the NY change covers many more weapons which dont
t have pistolk grips at all. Just a first baby step on the necessary road to bsanning semi auto weapons with detachable magazines.
The NRa lost 28 supporters in 2019. Their finances are in turmoil. They're unlikely to be able to match previous budgets in 2020 electins. They'vr pretty much lost millennials, and more and more of the are coming into the electorate, as theirelder base dies off. THREE QUARTERS OF NRA MEMBERS supported obamka's gun control measures.
.. I tnink the death lovers in the nra aren't gonna be anywhere near as effective from now on as theyhave been n the past. we'll see which of us is right in nov. In any case, it's just a question of how long it'll,l be before you guys lose. it WILL happen.
oralloy

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 08:37 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
14 paragraph's of nothing bull shyt by Ollie.

It doesn't matter how much you lie, reality remains there for all to see.

Here are two posts where MontereyJack called for and praised efforts to ban pistol grips on semi-auto long guns:

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 08:38 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
In a world of dumbass arguments, your -its-all-about-the-pistol-grip argument has to rank as one of the dumbest. It isn't. Never has been about the grip.

Here are two posts where you called for and praised efforts to ban pistol grips on semi-auto long guns:

MontereyJack wrote:
Obama never made that argument,

Obama wasted the entire first hundred days of his second term trying to outlaw pistol grips on semi-auto long guns.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-idUSBRE90F0NU20130116

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-idUSBRE93F00D20130417

I told you back then that wasting all of his political capital would lead to no achievements, and no achievements would in turn lead to a Republican victory in 2016.

You denied reality in 2013, and you're denying reality now.

MontereyJack wrote:
and the GOP was all about blocking his doing anything from the first day he wss in office,

Republican leaders tried working with Obama in 2011. Obama was such an extremist that he undermined his own deals and they fell through.

Moderate Republicans planned to work with Obama on immigration reform in 2015. Obama deliberately undercut their attempts to negotiate so he could make immigration a partisan campaign issue instead.

MontereyJack wrote:
had nothing to do with guns.

Obama wasted the entire first hundred days of his second term trying to outlaw pistol grips on semi-auto long guns.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-idUSBRE90F0NU20130116

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-idUSBRE93F00D20130417

I told you back then that wasting all of his political capital would lead to no achievements, and no achievements would in turn lead to a Republican victory in 2016.

You denied reality in 2013, and you're denying reality now.

MontereyJack wrote:
Did have a lot to do with racism, among other reasons.

Progressives look really goofy when they falsely accuse everyone of racism.

MontereyJack wrote:
And yes, I do cite evidence. 30 aimed shots with 6 round magazines, in 20-25 seconds depending on the test, about 2 seconds for a magazine change. Do the math.

Let's see some evidence of rifles being fired that fast with five-round magazines.

MontereyJack wrote:
And of course no one is restricted to a 5 or 6 shot magazine when they're planning a mass murder. Come on, if you got through 6th grade you should be able to figure that oout.

They would be so restricted if rifle magazines greater than 5 rounds were covered by the National Firearms Act.
oralloy

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 08:40 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
And congttrary to your words, Nowhere in those posts did I mention pistol grips.

Wrong again. You specifically mentioned pistol grips.

Your words:

"weapons with ONE functional feature (which oralloy mistakenly refers to as "cosmetic features") will be banned"

MontereyJack wrote:
The NRa lost 28 supporters in 2019. Their finances are in turmoil. They're unlikely to be able to match previous budgets in 2020 elections. They've pretty much lost millennials, and more and more of the are coming into the electorate, as their elder base dies off.

The NRA is doing just fine in rural areas.

MontereyJack wrote:
I tnink the death lovers in the nra aren't gonna be anywhere near as effective from now on as theyhave been n the past. we'll see which of us is right in nov. In any case, it's just a question of how long it'll,l be before you guys lose. it WILL happen.

We can keep blocking you over and over forever.

And just like Obama in 2013, any political capital that Democrats waste in a fruitless attempt to outlaw pistol grips, is political capital that they will never use to achieve anything else.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 09:44 pm
@Glennn,
Although the features found on assault weapons do make them especially dangerous, the argument, which isn't about that, is beyond you. Like I said, all you have is your hobby-horse.