Guns: how much longer will it take ....

izzythepush

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 12:53 pm
@oralloy,
Real freedom means protecting your children from pathetic men who need guns.

Your freedom is something the Taliban would recognise, like you they've got guns and **** all else.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 12:56 pm
Posted on another thread, people want to visit England. America didn't make the top ten.

https://able2know.org/topic/355218-3764#post-6916279
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 01:00 pm
@izzythepush,
This "need" nonsense has nothing to do with why a free person acquires a gun.

As for recognizing freedom, here is what the right to keep and bear arms looked like back when England was free:

Ceorl, also spelled Churl, the free peasant who formed the basis of society in Anglo-Saxon England. His free status was marked by his right to bear arms, his attendance at local courts, and his payment of dues directly to the king. His wergild, the sum that his family could accept in place of vengeance if he were killed, was valued at 200 shillings.
http://www.britannica.com/topic/ceorl

"Fyrd, tribal militia-like arrangement existing in Anglo-Saxon England from approximately AD 605. Local in character, it imposed military service upon every able-bodied free male. It was probably the duty of the ealderman, or sheriff, to call out and lead the fyrd. Fines imposed for neglecting the fyrd varied with the status of the individual, landholders receiving the heaviest fines and common labourers the lightest."
http://www.britannica.com/topic/fyrd
Baldimo

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 01:03 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I did address the subject at hand, your inability to understand what everyone means.

They didn't think anything through or they would know 80% of the gun made in the world are semi-auto guns. They actually have no idea what a semi-auto is, we still have plenty of uneducated politicians claiming the AR-15 weighs as much as 10 moving boxes and shoots a 50 caliber bullet. No, they didn't think it through and neither did you.

Quote:
Your stat is meaningless, it only refers to gun owners not everyone.

What stats, the 80% of all guns are semi-auto in nature? It seems you don't know what you are talking about, you can't tell the difference between someone talking about the type of guns that are out there and gun owners. I said nothing about gun owners.

Quote:
I'm sorry if you think that's a personal attack, but it's very hard not to sound insulting when one is dealing with such ignorance. It's hardly an obscure word FFS.

All the ignorance comes from your claims. It's ignorance to think the majority of Americans are going to give up their guns, it's even more ignorant to think a majority of LEO are going to follow those laws and go get the guns from people's houses.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 01:04 pm
@oralloy,
You sound like a lickspittle brainwashed by gun manufacturers.

You need a gun because it's what defines you, it's all there is, take away the gun and there's nothing left.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 01:04 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Real freedom means protecting your children from pathetic men who need guns.

You are not doing too good with pathetic men who have Korans. Do not talk about protecting children.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 01:07 pm
@farmerman,
Gungasnakkke is now late? The lord works in mysterious ways.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 01:08 pm
@izzythepush,
Serfs just aren't capable of understanding. This term "need" doesn't apply with free people. We don't acquire guns because we "need" them.

We acquire guns because we choose to acquire guns.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 01:18 pm
@oralloy,
And apparently choose too often to kill innocent people with the guns they choose.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 01:18 pm
@oralloy,
And so you fall back on your unthinking mantra.

It's the safety blanket you turn to whenever you can't think of anything.
oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 02:08 pm
@izzythepush,
All I did was point out facts again. Although I do admit that I'm fond of facts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 02:11 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
And apparently choose too often to kill innocent people with the guns they choose.

So what? If you want my help passing new gun laws, you know my conditions.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 02:14 pm
@oralloy,
Your conditions ate absurd and no one is waiting for your approval.
oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 02:23 pm
@MontereyJack,
You won't get any new gun laws passed without the support of moderates like me.

Have fun helplessly wringing your hands as the massacres continue unabated while nothing is done about them.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 02:47 pm
@oralloy,
Abslolutists like you. No moderation there.
oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 02:50 pm
@MontereyJack,
Wrong. I'm one of the moderates. And you'll not get any new gun laws passed without support from the moderates.

So, no soup for you!

There are absolutists here though: you and farmerman. You two are willing to forego all new gun regulations just so you can keep trying to violate people's civil liberties for fun. That's absolutism at it's worst.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 03:52 pm
So, who's up for banning AK-47 style rifles?
oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 03:54 pm
@InfraBlue,
Unconstitutional. There is no compelling government interest in restricting the style of a rifle.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 04:02 pm
@InfraBlue,
Does this mean I have to get rid of my modified ak-47 with the handgrip?
oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 04:04 pm
@RABEL222,
No. The NRA will protect you. So will the Supreme Court.
0 Replies