Guns: how much longer will it take ....

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 05:48 pm
@oralloy,

as usual absolutely zero credibility in your argument. Silly the first time you made it. Sillier the fortieth time you repeated it.
oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 06:07 pm
@MontereyJack,
I realize that progressives dislike facts and reality, but denying facts and reality doesn't actually make them go away.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 12:49 am
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 01:11 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Drivil

Comics are the stuff of 5th graders.

Do you have anything better to offer?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 01:19 am
@hawkeye10,
Anything better would shoot over your head.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 04:35 am
@izzythepush,
Now that Trump has called the Constituion a "Silly old document", I wonder whether these 2A folks realize that hes talking about the Amendments too.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 05:15 am
@farmerman,
After you've just pointed it out?

Of course not.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 07:32 am
@oralloy,
citing opinion as you do does not constitute facts or reality
oralloy

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 07:37 am
@MontereyJack,
Wrong again. I cited facts, not opinion.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 09:17 am
@izzythepush,
Theyve already disenfranchised millions of voters from more populous states in order to allow the outdated electoral college to continue with its gilded age methodology.
The fascist state grows ever nearer with this clown prince of a president.
All the gun freaks that support him (those of the libertarian ilk) have to be wondering about his veracity when he called the Constitution a "Silly document"

One of the Bill of Rights on which they depend for thir self esteems can go the way of all the other Amendments if his cluelessness prevails.

My only hope is that the US SUpreme Court shoves it up his ass when he tries.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 09:42 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Theyve already disenfranchised millions of voters from more populous states in order to allow the outdated electoral college to continue with its gilded age methodology.

Funny how it's "outdated" when your political choice lost the race. If she would have won the EC, you wouldn't be talking about this. The EC worked in 2016 just as it did in 2012, 2008 and all the other Presidential elections that have taken place since the first one. You don't get to change the rules because you lose.

Quote:
The fascist state grows ever nearer with this clown prince of a president.

We are actually farther from fascism with Trump than we were with Obama. How many laws and restrictions did Obama and the left pass to limit the rights of US citizens? NDAA? Snowden exposed what the govt was doing under Obama, not Trump. Mass surveillance?

Quote:
All the gun freaks that support him (those of the libertarian ilk) have to be wondering about his veracity when he called the Constitution a "Silly document"

This is the weakness in your argument, he didn't claim the entire Constitution was silly, he claimed the use of the emoluments clause was silly. You can't even be honest about what he actually said and meant. He has more respect for the Constitution then you ever will. You have already called the EC outdated, what's that say about you?

Quote:
One of the Bill of Rights on which they depend for thir self esteems can go the way of all the other Amendments if his cluelessness prevails.

The Constitution is only under attack from the left. It isn't the right going after the 2nd Amendment, that's your ilk. The 1st has also been under attack for difference of opinions, the left wants to make it illegal to have a difference of opinion with them. Disagree on trans ideology and you will suffer the wrath, the left wants the same type of laws here as they have in Canada and UK. Rep. Frederica Wilson said on camera that people who make fun of politicians should be prosecuted.
Quote:
people who are online making fun of members of Congress are a disgrace" and said "we're going to shut them down ... and they should be prosecuted."

Fascism at it's finest.

Quote:
My only hope is that the US SUpreme Court shoves it up his ass when he tries.

The only people getting anything shoved up their ass are going to be the anti-constitutional left with their attempt to end-around the Constitution and get the popular voted used to decide the Presidential election. You know the desperation of the left when they want kids and non-citizens to vote.
oralloy

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 09:47 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Theyve already disenfranchised millions of voters from more populous states

The only party with an established history of disenfranchising people is the Democratic Party.

farmerman wrote:
in order to allow the outdated electoral college to continue with its gilded age methodology.

Freedom haters are known for their dislike of the Constitution.

farmerman wrote:
All the gun freaks

Freedom haters are known for their dislike of civil liberties.

farmerman wrote:
depend for thir self esteems

Freedom haters are known for their dislike of freedom (thus the name).
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 01:52 pm
The winner take all, i.e. state-wide, method of electing a president through the electoral college isn't prescribed by the Constitution. There were various other methods used, e.g. state legislature, where the states' legislatures chose the presidential electors; districts, where voters chose electors through established voting districts or ones set up specifically for the presidential election; hybrid, where states use a combination of these methods. Nebraska and Maine use a combination of district and state-wide methods. By 1872 all other states reverted to the state-wide method of choosing electors.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 02:07 pm
@InfraBlue,
Opinion
Pure blinkered opinion
Not a fsct in the lot of it.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 02:10 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Opinion
Pure blinkered opinion
Not a fsct in the lot of it.

Do you have any proof that what was said is opinion? A majority of what you claim about the EC is opinion, including thinking the popular vote has any bearing on the Constitutional process of the EC.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 02:16 pm
@Baldimo,
Uh you do notice trump calling the media ebemies of the people and people who disagree with him are traitors and enemies of the country and should be fired dont you. The authoritarianism is coming from the right.trump oreilly hannity limbaugh coulter bachman mccsrthy roert welch fsrther back.

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 02:26 pm
@MontereyJack,
What are you saying is opinion, exactly?
Baldimo

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 02:57 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Uh you do notice trump calling the media ebemies of the people

He has called fake news the enemy of the people, and he's correct. When the media lies and covers for one political party, they can't be trusted. The MSM is clearly in the pocket of the DNC. They are being exposed for who they really are. NBC covering for Weinstein, while pushing fake stories about Kavanaugh? CNN pushing a purely political news cycle, have been caught on tape and the media is ignoring the Project Veritas story.

Quote:
and people who disagree with him are traitors and enemies of the country and should be fired dont you.

These are the very claims the MSM has been making against Trump since the day after the election. They spent 2 1/2 years hyping the Mueller report. There are still people running around who think the "pee tapes" are a real thing. The Steele Dossier was never even verified, another failure of the MSM and reporting. I think people like Clapper and the who Comney crew are traitors who were working for their old boss and his political party, they were betting on Hillary winning and no one ever finding out the truth about what took place against the Trump campaign.

Quote:
The authoritarianism is coming from the right.trump oreilly hannity limbaugh coulter bachman mccsrthy roert welch fsrther back.

You are barking up the wrong tree, I think all of those dudes are **** sticks, can't stand them, but they are not authoritarian. If you consider being against leftist views as authoritarian, then you are a sad and weak person.

0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 05:00 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
your crowd spends time making up nd misrepresenting facts by mere phraseology. Thats all you got?
"pistol Grips" as a constant chant is something presented by the slow headed.

No. Make no mistake, you oppose a rifle because of its style (pistol grip). That means that you're ignorant of the difference between style and function. And judging by your past performance here, you'll continue being ignorant because that's the nature of a one-track minded hound dog.
Quote:
may I reiterate that MJ started out with the argument that the MASS shootings were accomplished by guns capable of delivering scads of bullets down range and at greater effective distances.

Actually, people like yourself and other dullards jumped on pistol grips because another dullard whose authority you appeal to decided that pistol grips change a semiautomatic rifle into something equal to an automatic rifle. The problem here is that dullards do tend to follow other dullards. It's like you know full well that it's the magazine size that makes the difference between an AR-15 and any other semiautomatic rifle, but being a mindless, slow-witted hound dog, you run to where wherever the authority you appeal to throws the issue-stick. And one of the stupid issue-sticks being thrown is the godawful pistol grip.
Quote:
So while most of you (not all) have your heads ad posteriori, (and had your ilk been paying attention), may I reiterate that MJ started out with the argument that the MASS shootings were accomplished by guns capable of delivering scads of bullets down range and at greater effective distances. I KNEW WHAT HE MEANT, and all you and Einstein proclaim is that he was arguing anti-pistol grips.

Another slow-witted response, again banking on the hope that no one will notice your ignorance concerning the difference between style and function, and your pretending that you don't understand that your issue is with magazine size.

But to address your non point, as far as MJ is concerned, he just pulls nonexistent facts out his ass, and then hopes they'll fly. And you just follow blindly, reiterating that mass shootings are accomplished by guns capable of delivering scads of bullets down range and at greater effective distances. You should look into the subject before you decide to exaggerate and make yourself look even more foolish. Murders, and what you call mass shootings, are most usually done at close and very close range, which makes your "greater effective distances" comment seen for what it is--hysterics.

And unfortunately for MJ, I asked him to prove what he said about the AR-15 becoming the choice of these murderers. His claim was bullshit and he knew it. So he foolishly pretended that it was incumbent on me to do the research to prove his case for him. Pretty stupid, huh? You must have missed all that, which doesn't surprise me, since one-track minded hound dogs tend to disregard anything that doesn't smell like what they've been programmed to run after.
Quote:
You guys , by comparing statistics, seem to want to DIISMISS the mass murders by "Military style semi autos with large mag delivery of ammo". Believe it or not, not all murders are commited by crazy folks. Most of the mass murders seem to have been, I think they know they can score bigger numbers with larger magazines and semi auto fire.

Uh huh. And yet the mass-shooting list that MJ and yourself refer to is full of incidents (142) where no one is killed, and lots of incidents where one or two are killed. But being the good hound dogs that you guys are, you just ignore that cuz you were cued to bark up a certain tree, and that's what you're doing. At least you show a spark of common sense when you mention semiautomatics with large magazines when referring to mass shootings. You should be barking up the tree with the large magazines. You would come across as less hyterical, and that's a good thing.
Quote:
Dont keep being a douche bag, I think youre capable of arguing more effectively (more like McGentrix or the late Gungasnake) both of whom who , at least, tried to have facts by their side to cobble arguments that are really more thought provoking.

Yeah, I post facts. MJ, and you by association, just spew out whatever you think would support your case even though it turns out to be untrue. If you wish to avoid future embarrassment, do some actual research and then come back and tell me how the assault style weapons are becoming the choice of mass shooters. Like why don't you produce the number of mass shootings in 2018 that involved an AR-15, and then compare that with the number from 2019. Should be a slam dunk for you, Right? Right.
Quote:
Im not sure where YOUR OPINIONS come from, you seem to just agree with a person, or hunt down another, but with a fairly evidence-free discourse.

This is what I mean about you being a mindless hound dog. Contrary to what your one-track nose is telling you, I've posted lists of mass shootings and the pertinent numbers that show you and your buddy's hysterics for what they are. I'm afraid the lists and the numbers are not opinions. They only seem that way to a fixated hound dog.
Quote:
I dont feel compelled to argue with you or Einstein

Your lips say no, but your fingers say yes. I'm guessing it's the hound dog in you.
Quote:
you both use trite- 'lite" arguments that get really tiresome to even acknowledge.

And yet here you are . . .
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 07:25 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
your crowd spends time making up nd misrepresenting facts by mere phraseology. Thats all you got?
"pistol Grips" as a constant chant is something presented by the slow headed.

No. Make no mistake, you oppose a rifle because of its style (pistol grip). That means that you're ignorant of the difference between style and function. And judging by your past performance here, you'll continue being ignorant because that's the nature of a one-track minded hound dog.

Yeah, the military adopted pistol grips on their rifles "'cause it looks cool." Right. Keep deluding yourself.