Online dating, flirting and dating burn-out.

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 09:52 pm
you're so understanding....
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 10:24 pm
Hi all.

Hi littlek -- Good luck with the online dating. I've had mixed results, tried different sites, etc. Maybe just no luck, but taking a little hiatus. Actually a different approach. Just joined a private library in Boston, that has a group for members under 40 with bookclubs, salons, etc. I've only been to a few things though, just wading into the waters. Also I found this organization called Single Volunteers. Their website is: www.svboston.org -- It's free to join. They email you list of events and you sign up to volunteer and then there is a social event afterwards. I went on a Saturday to sort food at the Greater Boston Food Bank. I met some nice people, although I didn't click with any of the guys. I was chatting and trying to flirt with the guy next to me on the sorting line. I had the feeling though he really wasn't interested although he offered me a ride to the bar afterward. It was a rainy night and there was no parking in site, so he went into an expensive parking garage. I felt bad and gave him half ($10) towards gas. Virtual sigh -- at least I practiced an attempt at flirting, I'm notoriously bad at it myself...Well when we got to the bar and had drinks with everyone, he sat at another end of the table and I chatted with a few other people. One guy was nice but was honest, he left because he said he was going out later that night, etc. Afterwards they emailed us everyone's email addresses, in case people want to get in touch and see each other, etc. Overall it was cool though, and I'll probably do it again after the holidays. P.S. One of the organizers at my event said she's never seen the same people twice so they get quite the crowd/turnover of people meeting, etc.
Just to let you know, FYI. Good luck.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 10:32 pm
dlowan,

sometimes challenges of distance are no match for various motivators, especially physical motivators.

Little k,

This is great news! Not only are you flirting, but you're giving us the credit for it.........wise beings that we are...... It sounds like it was fun........fill us in when you can.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 10:36 pm
edithdoll - thanks for the link - what a great idea! Will you do it again?

Lola - yes, You all get the credit. And, heart-strings span space like no man-made material.....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 11:02 pm
Edith - I just joined!
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 11:47 pm
I'll go in there and join later.

But in the meantime....what's so wrong with a Lobsterman in a wheelbarrow with a red ribbon wrapped around his thingy?

I gotta hear the answer to this one.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 12:05 am
Did I say there was anything wrong with that?
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 12:21 am
Boy, do I wish I could cut, copy and paste LOL.

But Phoenix or Jespah would throw me out sooner or later for sure if I did know how to. ;-)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 12:25 am
Mikey52- I would never throw you out. Might give you a kick in the butt if you got too frisky though. (but for your own good Laughing )
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 12:28 am
Teehee - Li'l k speaks of heart-strings and Lola of the physical - hmmmmmm......
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 12:37 am
Heart strings?

Reindeer's things missing?

Red ribbons on my thingy?

I went to Lola's tonight, xmas pahhhhty, it was a blast.

Phoenix tossed me out in the end tho....Craven was to baked to do it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 12:44 am
oh my! I need to go to bed, too much going on here.

but, dlowan - those heart-strings were very physical - still are sometimes.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 12:45 am
and zing went the strings.

save one of those beribboned lobster fellas in a wheelbarrow for me, Mikey. I'm going to find my way back to the shore. The air (and people) were wonderful, and I want more!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 12:48 am
okigoddagodabedzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 12:50 am
Red ribbon mikey? Well, second place is better than out of the money.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 12:52 am
C'mon down EhBeth, we're waiting for ya.

Can you wear those black knee high lace up...no, I better not go there. And that dress or skirt you wore the other day?
There I go again, stinkin thinkin.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 12:57 am
i know the skirt you mean. not really practical for sailing, but if it gets me a lobsterman tied up with a ribbon ... Merry Christmas to me! :wink:
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 12:59 am
I agree with little k says...........heart stings are physical and can often not be distinguished from each other.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 01:06 am
I have a brand new G string here, for my Guitar, but it's green tho.

Will that do in place of the ribbon?

Sailing? We ain't going sailing Beth....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 08:47 am
Sooooo... last night I was a little drunk and trying to figure out how to tell the last guy I dated (we're still in touch, but haven't seen eachother in 3 months) that I was meeting other guys online. I wrote out one note, saved it to drafts, thought about it, wrote out another note and instead of saving it to drafts I sent it by accident!
0 Replies