The Republican Convention kicks off Tuesday 9-2-08

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:33 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Very true Bear. But there was some question where the choir actually was in the GOP. Sarah will be tested outside of the safe room in the coming weeks. But based on the incredible poise and confidence she demontrated tonight, and the incredible response she received, I'm giving great odds that she is going to be just fine.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:34 pm
@Foxfyre,
yeah man, she can read prepared material. So can I.
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:34 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

lol... I guess the DNC was just a big truth circle...

You guys crack me up.

What does truth have to do with cattiness?

She did a good job. Democrats should not underestimate her.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:35 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Funny. You don't hold Obama in contempt for being able to read prepared material. Why the double standard here? No politician who ever aspired to high office ever gave an extemporaneous speech like that.
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:35 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
What a ******* crock of **** this convention is.

I'm getting the sense that you have decided to not vote Republican?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:36 pm
@Ticomaya,
no fooling you buddy. I never was going to.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:37 pm
@Foxfyre,
Yes, Foxy ... a home run.

I think the Dems are bummed.
Foxfyre

@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
What a ******* crock of **** this convention is.

I'm getting the sense that you have decided to not vote Republican?

LOL, you think? Very Happy
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

@Foxfyre,
Have you then heard me praise him for it?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:38 pm
@Foxfyre,
Oh, I think the fact that he prepares his material helps a lot, and his delivery is unparalleled in the modern political scene. Palin had good delivery as well, but her speech was written by Bush's old speechwriters - and it certainly sounded like it.

She basically regurgitated every attack that we've seen all summer from the Republicans; but, I do seem to recall, Obama's favorability ROSE all Summer, even in the face of those attacks.

Cycloptichorn
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:41 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Have you then heard me praise him for it?

Nope, but neither have you been 'catty' about his ability to speak well reading a speech either.

Seriously, when you think of the absolutely hostile, ugly, brutal, cruel, and unconscionable innuendo and accusations and comments that have been directed at Sarah the last few says, I think she showed great restraint. She got in her retorts and zingers in response, but she did it with humor and poise and grace. You guys can call that catty if you wish. But I think she was positively presidential. And if she proves to have as much substance as she projects, I can easily see her in the oval office on down the line.
parados

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:45 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
Seriously, when you think of the absolutely hostile, ugly, brutal, cruel, and unconscionable innuendo and accusations and comments that have been directed at Sarah the last few says, I think she showed great restraint.
None of it by Obama or Biden. She however was just fine using accusations and innuendo to attack Obama. That is why she was catty and they have not been.
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:46 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
She basically regurgitated every attack that we've seen all summer from the Republicans; but, I do seem to recall, Obama's favorability ROSE all Summer, even in the face of those attacks.

Yeeeeah... but... they werent being delivered with wrinkle-nosed femininity. It is difficult to defend, much less counter-attack against this kind of thing without looking like youre beating up on a woman. Obama and Biden both have experience with this, though. I am interested to see how Biden responds -- dont expect Obama to entertain her.
gungasnake

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:48 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:

I think the Dems are bummed.

Them and the MSM. I din't think 20 years are going to go by before kids start having to look up the word "newspaper" on wikipedia to try to figure out what exactly a newspaper might have been. They'll certainly have something else to wrap fish and pattern shotguns by that time.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:50 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:
Seriously, when you think of the absolutely hostile, ugly, brutal, cruel, and unconscionable innuendo and accusations and comments that have been directed at Sarah the last few says, I think she showed great restraint.
None of it by Obama or Biden. She however was just fine using accusations and innuendo to attack Obama. That is why she was catty and they have not been.

All in the ears of the beholder. I see them taking plenty of snotty and catty potshots in every speech. But because you agree with them, they are just telling it like it is. But because she says what you don't want to hear, it's 'catty'.

On the other speakers, I though Romney and Huckabee did their jobs but they were both pretty laid back and unremarkable tonight. Not a whole lot of excitement there. Giuliani did a great job as the stemwinder in advance of Sarah's speech. And the campaign was absolutely brilliant in not allowing any lapse between Giuliani and Palin so that the talking heads couldn't diminish the effect.

Enjoyed most of the talking heads saying that McCain would have a tough time topping Sarah tomorrow night. But all agreed, that he won't care if he doesn't. Smile
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:52 pm
@Foxfyre,
Poor republican Sarah.... someone stuck there nose into her family business. Welcome to the major leagues honey..... it's right out of your party's playbook. Of course unlike Ken Starr....any gossip and intrusion into her private life hasn't cost the taxpayers 55 millon dollars. Wink
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:54 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I didn't see her whining. I can remember there was a LOT of whining about Ken Starr. Sheesh put some sugar on those grapes Bear and they might taste better.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 10:00 pm
Palin is and excellent choice for VP and she did a great job with the speech.
McCain and Palin are are very strong team.
I don't think Obama and Biden have what they need to defeat McCain and Palin.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 10:06 pm
On a personal note, I was tickled watching Cindy McCain sitting next to the young woman holding the baby. You could tell she was itching to hold that baby. At one point the camera panned back to her and she had him in her arms. Smile
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 10:11 pm
@Foxfyre,
Why would you describe my attitude as sour grapes? She hasn't won anything, beaten anyone, or proven herself....therefore how or what could there be sour grapes about?