http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/110/senate/vote-missers/

[emphasis is mine]

JTT

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 07:01 pm
@Foxfyre,
Let them eat cake!

Quote:

Money Trail: What Hurricane? Lobbyists, GOP Party On
As NOLA Residents Flee, Republican Party Officials Don Pink Boas and Swig Vodka Shots
By BRIAN ROSS, RHONDA SCHWARTZ, AVNI PATEL, ASA ESLOCKER, and ANNA SCHECTER
Sept. 1, 2008

MINNEAPOLIS -- As residents of New Orleans were fleeing Hurricane Gustav, top Republican party officials donned pink boas and swigged vodka shots at a wild whirl of corporate and lobbyist-paid parties this weekend in Minneapolis-St. Paul.

Many corporate sponsors and their lobbyists carried through with plans for lavish entertainment of GOP lawmakers and others despite calls from the campaign of Sen. John McCain that Republicans should tone down the convention festivities.

"We will be contacting corporations and others to ask them to be respectful of events in the gulf," McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said Sunday afternoon.

Yet, last night lobbyists for the National Rifle Association, Lockheed Martin and the American Trucking Association put on a raucus six-hour party at a downtown bar featuring music by the band "Hookers and Blow." There was no evidence of any actual prostitutes or cocaine.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 07:04 pm
@JTT,

That's great JTT, why don't you take it up with the cartoonist!
JTT

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 07:11 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Why would someone as principled as John McCain need or for that matter want to hire Tucker Eskew as a, ... well, as anything? John has, by now, turned all four cheeks more than once. Such a christian, a truly forgiving christian, that man.

0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 07:11 pm
I've never seen such a ******* love fest in ly life.... and liberals are supposed to be the hippies....talk about putting a stripe on a turd and trying to polish it...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 07:16 pm
@H2O MAN,
WHAT CAN H20MAN DO FOR YOU?

Stop with the mendacity.
old europe

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 07:18 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

It's hard, isn't it, waterman? There you go, trying to get educated about politics and all.... and then you have to discover that the cartoonists have let you down!
okie

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 08:52 pm
Incredible, Lieberman, the vp pick just 8 years ago with Gore, is now speaking, endorsing McCain. If that isn't an indication of just how far things have gotten out of whack with the lefties taking over the Democratic Party, what is? Now Lieberman is even praising Palin.

Ooooh, the lefties must hate Lieberman!

By the way, Fred Thompson did a great job.
Ticomaya

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 08:56 pm
@okie,
Well, he also praised Clinton.

I think Fred knocked it out of the park.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 08:59 pm
@Ticomaya,
The energy is awesome! Mr. Green
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:00 pm
@JTT,
Enough of your petty pontifications.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:02 pm
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

and then you have to discover that the cartoonists have let you down!

... and you discover Obama is not qualified for the job of president!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:07 pm
@okie,
Quote:
Ooooh, the lefties must hate Lieberman!

Not at all. It's best that the scum is all kept to one end of the pond.

Quote:

Lieberman 2006: I Will Help Obama “Reach to the Stars”

Here’s Joe Lieberman praising Obama back in ‘06. This is more evidence that Joe has attached himself to McCain out of fear of being ‘left behind’ in the Senate and not because he believes McCain is the right choice for President.

“As far as I’m concerned [Barack Obama] is a ‘Baruch,’ which means a blessing. He is a blessing to the United States Senate, to America, and to our shared hopes for better, safer tomorrows for all our families. The gifts that God has given to Barack Obama are as enormous as his future is unlimited. As his mentor, as his colleague, as his friend, I look forward to helping him reach to the stars and realize not just the dreams he has for himself, but the dreams we all have for him and our blessed country.”

Joe proclaims that Obama will make America safer and said he would help Obama realize all the dreams for our country.Will he say this with pride during the RNC convention? Let’s see if the media brings this up when they cover his speech.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/08/31/lieberman-2006-i-will-help-obama-reach-to-the-stars/

File Joe under 'liar'.
okie

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:11 pm
@Ticomaya,
I think he knocked it out of the park too. I cringed a bit when he was starting out, talking about John being a little wild, receiving demerits, but the last 2/3 of the speech was very good.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:42 pm
@H2O MAN,
A veritable feeding frenzy of lies supported by the same dearth of thought found at an evangelical service.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:42 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

It's best that the scum is all kept to one end of the pond.

And Joe did ascend, leaving the scum behind.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 10:06 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

There are plenty of parents who provide education, condoms, access to other birth control, are 100% pro choice, yadda yadda and wind up with pregnant teenage daughters.

Then the ball was dropped somewhere else.
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 10:12 pm
@eoe,
Or it must may be a young woman who let things get out of hand with somebody she loved and got pregnant. When my daughter was 17 I hoped she had sufficient information and good enough judgment to make good choices. But those choices were hers to make and I was no longer in a position to make them for her. I'm sure Sarah would have not wanted things to be the way they are and I'm sure she and her daughter would love to rewind the clock on that. But when you screw up, all you can do is the best that you can do with how it is.

(And no, my daughter did not get pregnant. I would hope that her family would have provided the love and support that Sarah's is providing if she had done so however.)
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 10:16 pm
They can write and say things this stupid because the mentality of their base is so base.

Quote:

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/09/02/rove-texas-mexico/

Rove: Bush Had Foreign Policy Experience Because Texas Is Near Mexico

In fact, Washington Times columnist Frank Gaffney today argued that Palin knows foreign policy “by osmosis“:

Speaking of geography, Alaskan territory is also along the trajectory of ballistic missiles launched eastward out of Stalinist North Korea. For that reason, among others, Alaska’s Fort Greely was selected as the site for the principal U.S. ground-based defense against such missiles.

As that state’s governor, Sarah Palin would know more by osmosis " if nothing else " about the necessity for U.S. anti-missile systems than either Messrs. Obama or Biden.

Yesterday on Fox’s Hannity and Colmes, Karl Rove took this argument a step further, claiming that President Bush was qualified to be commander-in-chief for a similar reason: because Texas was close to Mexico:

COLMES: And Obama has more foreign policy experience than George Bush had when Bush…

ROVE: Alan, no, no, no. George Bush " George Bush was Governor and he dealt with the Mexican border.

COLMES: He didn’t know the general " general of Pakistan.

0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 10:17 pm
I thought President and First Lady Bush did well tonight. They weren't over the top but cast their appropriate support. I thought Thompson was great and I respect Joe Lieberman even more than before because that speech I think cost him dearly with the Democrats when it comes time to make committee appointments.

I think Sarah doesn't even have to hit one out of the park tomorrow night. I think if she makes it to first base, it will be enough. (I hope she does hit it out of the park though.)
0 Replies