Roberta

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 03:37 am
@George,
George wrote:

TinLizzy wrote:
When I was 14, I plopped myself in front of the TV at five each week day, just to get a glimpse of Annette, on Mickey Mouse Club.

It was fun checking out the ever-changing displacement of "ANNETTE"
on her MMC sweatshirt.

Hey, she was a healthy, growing girl.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:25 am
@George,
I ain't tinlizzy. Just a glitch in the site, I guess.
dadpad

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:35 am
@edgarblythe,
high fives George and Edgar.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 06:34 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I ain't tinlizzy. Just a glitch in the site, I guess.

Knew that, Edgar.
George

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:23 am
@Roberta,
"TinLizzy" wasn't a glitch in the site, it was George riffing on edgar's avatar.
FlyFoy

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:02 pm
@shewolfnm,
Check out the relatively new character of Randi on "All My Children." (I don't know the actress's name.) No matter what your gender or orientation is, she's a pleasure to look at.
FlyFoy

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:04 pm
@Ragman,
Re: Tuesday

Are you sure it wasn't just a matter of propinquity? Wink
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:04 pm
@FlyFoy,
That sounds like a particulary refined fantasy to me.
FlyFoy

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:09 pm
@LionTamerX,
I once used up almost a whole roll of film on Gabriela Sabatini playing on
Court 16 during the U.S. Open. She was sixteen or seventeen at the time, and I know I got some great shots. Then I discovered that the film hadn't advanced. I had some connections there, so I was able to get one of the Canon representatives take a look at my camera. There was nothing wrong with the camera. I just hadn't fastened the film securely enough to the spool, I guess. What a drag that was to lose some potentially great shots. That girl was gorgeous, wasn't she? I wonder what she looks like now. I'm off to Google.
0 Replies

FlyFoy

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:12 pm
@LionTamerX,
Omigosh! Gabriela is pushing forty! I can't believe it. She turned 38 this past spring.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:15 pm
@FlyFoy,
FlyFoy wrote:

Omigosh! Gabriela is pushing forty! I can't believe it. She turned 38 this past spring.

That probably means you're pushing forty as well Very Happy

She still looks good, by the way.
FlyFoy

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:16 pm
@Lash,
I adored Richard Burton, too, when I was a young teenager. So did my friends. We used to go around talking like him. One of my friends and I met him. He had very unusual hair. It was kind of limp and floppy and the color of mustard (Gulden's, not French's)...and he was very cute and very nice. And the voice! OMG!
0 Replies

FlyFoy

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:18 pm
@Foxfyre,
You don't have to explain why, Foxfyre. Dean Martin was an exceptionally attractive man. If you had said Jerry Lewis I would have expected an explanation. Smile
FlyFoy

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:23 pm
@Roberta,
I once saw Mike Nichols during intermission at a Broadway theatre. He looked orange, too! He'd have no reason to have make-up on, so I thought maybe it was some kind of tanner or something gone terribly wrong.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:24 pm
@FlyFoy,
Actually I endured Jerry in the Martin & Lewis movies just so I could spend time with Dean. But I'll have to say that Jerry could actually be quite attractive and sexy in his more serious roles when he was still pre-middle age. In the rare serious moments in the comedies, it occurred to me that I would pay money to see him in a straight role. No real noticable attraction there for me, though, and certainly not a crush. Dean was the worst one I ever had.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:25 pm
@FlyFoy,
Quote:
If you had said Jerry Lewis I would have expected an explanation. Smile

And Foxy might well be up to offering one.
FlyFoy

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:27 pm
@Joe Nation,
LOL. I was also going to say that the dog was more attractive before I saw that it had been said already. I remember "Corky and White Shadow," as well as "The Hardy Boys" (the one with Applegate's treasure), "Annette," but most of all "Spin and Marty." That was the best. Most girls had a crush on Spin, but I liked Marty better. I always did go for the brainy types.
spendius

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:28 pm
@FlyFoy,
So did I. That's why Barbara Stanwyck fascinated me.
djjd62

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:31 pm
two of my major crushes as a kid

kristy macnichol and jodie foster

talk about unrequited love
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:34 pm
I like Jerry Lewis. Not a crush. But not unattractive to me. Not Dean. But not bad.

I remember Spin and Marty, too. I was a Spin fan. No crush. Just a fan.