I want to get over my crush on my online friend

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2019 03:29 pm
So I’ve been close friends with a guy I met on Discord for about a year now, and I’ve slowly gotten a crush on him. I have no clue how he feels about me, but I think it would be best for both of us if I just got over it. I’m not very experienced in dating and things, so I don’t really not how I can do that. If anybody has advice on how I can get over him, please let me know! : )
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,089 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2019 04:04 pm
@m0ldyloaf,
It would be a shame to give up without knowing if he reciprocates your feelings. You could be actively working to get over the dude at the moment he's thinking hey, I kinda like this person.

It's been known to happen.

So! You can always lead with - "I really love our friendship and I'm so glad I've known you for a year. I can't help it, though, that my feelings are getting deeper than just friendship."

And see what he says.

Good, kind friends will be good about such things, particularly if it turns out he doesn't reciprocate your feelings.

And no matter what happens, it takes courage, and becoming courageous is an actual life skill. It's a good one to have.

You can do it. And the world will not come crashing down if it turns out the answer isn't what you want.

But at least you'll know, and won't wonder a decade later what could have been.
0 Replies