Now it's all coming back to me...

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/5632/ronglassgm9.png
Ron Glass from Barney Miller
I was nutty-cuckoo about him.
devriesj

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 06:56 pm
@littlek,
Quote:
my first movie crush was Hans Solo. Harrison Ford stayed a crush for quite some time.

I'm there with ya on that one, littlek. I tend to get "eye candy" crushes, y'know they just look good. Loved Harrison Ford in the 'Raiders' movies.
I'm afraid I could go on about several others!

Right now, I'm almost embarrassed to say that I have a crush on Captain Jack Sparrow - not the teeth & other weirdness, but his wit & personality - just something about that character makes him the perfect bad boy!
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 07:28 pm
@Eva,
Plaid Shirts (no one here knows what the heck you are referring to...) were in another life.

In a completely different life, I present this odd "I had such a crush on you" moment.

For about three years at the turn of the 60/70s decades I ran a coffehouse in San Angelo, Texas. There was live music, I emceed, I played my 12-string, I organized voter registration drives and neighborhood help-out rallies.

Fast forward three years: I am living in Tulsa, writing reading programs for International Teaching Tapes and playing some on the side. I go to San Angelo for a visit. Guy I meet at a party says he has me on tape and would I like to have the tape.?Would I? YES> So a bunch of us head over to his place.
When we get there he says he has to find the tape and that we should get a beer out of the fridge and chill. We do.

There are some women there in the living room and we all introduce ourselves. One of them says to another "Wait till T. finds out Joe was here." The other says "she's still here, she's taking a shower down the hall."

Suddenly, I felt the need to use the bathroom. I went down the hall and sure enough, I heard the sound of a shower. I turned the knob....and it was open.

"Excuse me, " I said in my deepest broadcasting emcee voice, "Sorry, but I have to go."
"That's okay." said the chirpiest little Texas rodeo queen voice over the sound of the falling water.
"No problem." said a much lower, twangier maleish voice, "You go ahead."
"Um,,, .......Okay, thanks, "I said and turned to aim at the center of the bowl."
"Hey..... ." said chirpy voice, "Is that Joe Nation?"
"Yup"
"Wow, " and the water seemed to me to be getting louder. "You don't remember me, I'm Chuck's (the guy looking for the tape) little sister. I had such a huge crush on you. And now you are here." The water was really loud.
"Who?" said the maleish twangy soap-upped guy.
"Nevermind, sweetie, I'll tell you later" She said, "Bye.... ."
More water.
I turned the knob.
I didn't flush.

Joe(and I needed a shower)Nation

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 08:37 pm
@Joe Nation,
Having a coffee house bookstore art place was and probably still is a fantasy for me. Would be different music now.. coming from the jazz-classical place (like Cornucopia in Eureka) next storefront over and right through those doors...

Well, anyway, I enjoy hearing the denouement..
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:13 pm
@devriesj,
Uh, Captain Sparrow - hell yeah! Johnny Depp in just about anything is pretty hot.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:33 pm
@littlek,
Johnny Fever. My kind of dirty boy.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:38 pm
By the time Bonanza played in Germany, the guy was already bald and older,
but I had my very first crush on this guy
http://www.williamsmith.org/Adam%201.jpg

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:43 pm
@CalamityJane,
My Oma had a huge crush on Ben Cartwright. She was in her 70's, and I was shocked to discover that she could have a crush at at that incredibly advanced age. Shocked and appalled Shocked Laughing
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 10:06 pm
@ehBeth,
That's funny! Bonanza had something for all ages.
My daughter, who saw some re-runs of Bonanza, had a crush on "Little Joe"
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 10:12 pm
Johnny Depp? Yep. Remember him from 21 Jump Street.

Bonanza? I was a Little Joe fan. Someone for all ages.

I had a weird crush on a tv character--not the actor. I loved Columbo. Enigmatic. Smart. Quirky. No first name.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 11:03 pm
@Roberta,
I thought I posted that I had a semi crush on Little Joe..

uh oh. Wonder what thread that's in instead.

On crushes, I can see thinking various movie/music/whatever folks are great now, sexually attractive, but there is no way, Jose, that I'm going to be making novenas for them and thinking about them 24/7 like I did with that star football player when I was in high school in a day dream world. There are crushes, and there are crushes.

Most of you are talking lightweight stuff to me. I'm talking near pathology. I think Roberta gets it.
Roberta

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 12:36 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I thought I posted that I had a semi crush on Little Joe..

uh oh. Wonder what thread that's in instead.

On crushes, I can see thinking various movie/music/whatever folks are great now, sexually attractive, but there is no way, Jose, that I'm going to be making novenas for them and thinking about them 24/7 like I did with that star football player when I was in high school in a day dream world. There are crushes, and there are crushes.

Most of you are talking lightweight stuff to me. I'm talking near pathology. I think Roberta gets it.

Hey osso, Not saying novenas for anybody. But I think I kinda get it.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 01:48 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Johnny Depp? Yep. Remember him from 21 Jump Street.

Bonanza? I was a Little Joe fan. Someone for all ages.

I had a weird crush on a tv character--not the actor. I loved Columbo. Enigmatic. Smart. Quirky. No first name.

His first name was Lieutenant. Smile
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 01:53 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Most of you are talking lightweight stuff to me. I'm talking near pathology.

Well, that's not a crush. A crush is mostly innocent while anything bordering on pathogical is something else.
George

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 02:01 pm
I know this is weird but...

Remember the beginning of Hawaii Five-O, with all those scenes coming one
right after the other? Well, one of them is this Polynesian gal who turns to face
the camera. That's it. Over in an instant. But my heart skipped beat each time.
Yowza!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 04:57 pm

Foxfyre, You're right. First name Lieutenant. How could I forget that?

eoe, You might be right. Obsession, maybe. This is such an individual thing that it's hard to make categories.

George, Not weird at all. Your crush is your crush. A weekly fleeting glimpse. Sounds good to me.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 05:34 pm
@eoe,
Near pathological happens with a lot of teens.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 05:51 pm
Do you lot only do actors?

What about Norman Hunter, the famous Leeds central defender? A lot of girls I knew were gone on him. He head butted a referee once.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 08:03 pm
@spendius,
When I was 14, I plopped myself in front of the TV at five each week day, just to get a glimpse of Annette, on Mickey Mouse Club.
George

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 08:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
TinLizzy wrote:
When I was 14, I plopped myself in front of the TV at five each week day, just to get a glimpse of Annette, on Mickey Mouse Club.

It was fun checking out the ever-changing displacement of "ANNETTE"
on her MMC sweatshirt.