Quincy

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 07:08 am
Oh no! I can't believe one never grws out of crushes! Must I suffer them the rest of my life!??!!!
shewolfnm

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 07:22 am
@Quincy,
if you ever stop finding the opposite sex attractive...

please seek a doctor
spendius

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 08:10 am
@shewolfnm,
Attractive in what way? A small number of women are attractive to look at in subdued lighting conditions and a smaller number are okay to talk to if you've had four pints and you can stand repetitious vacuity but more than that is too much for me.

I know--I should get a life.
jespah

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 08:31 am
Oh baby. First one who I think of -- Keanu Reeves. Plus a young Bruce Springsteen. Woof.
shewolfnm

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 09:23 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Attractive in what way? A small number of women are attractive to look at in subdued lighting conditions and a smaller number are okay to talk to if you've had four pints and you can stand repetitious vacuity but more than that is too much for me.

I know--I should get a life.

ehh...

you have a good point
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 09:55 am
My first crush was Jimi Hendrix. 1967. I was 12 years old and even now, if a shot of him pops up on television, it will stop me in my tracks. If I catch a performance, it's best if my husband isn't in the room.

Hendrix takes my breath away and turns my insides gooey. Still.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/482/genimagemc7.png
littlek

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:02 am
@eoe,
Oh yeah, I had a crush on Hendrix in high school. Of course, he was long dead then.
littlek

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:02 am
@jespah,
What about Scott!?!
eoe

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:09 am
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

Oh yeah, I had a crush on Hendrix in high school. Of course, he was long dead then.

I remember a friendly debate with our young receptionist when i worked in theatre some years ago. She was jazzy and into all things retro and that was cool but she went too far when she insisted that her love for Hendrix could possibly be deeper than mine. She kept trying to top me.
"I've loved him since I was 12."
"Well, I've loved him since I was 8."
I finally shut her up with "I've loved him since he was alive."
She couldn't top that.
Lash

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:12 am
@shewolfnm,
My daughter has loved Bale for years...since I first turned her on to American Psycho (which is a HOOT!!) He's very talented...but doesn't do it for me.
littlek

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:19 am
@eoe,
No, you really can't top that!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 02:20 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Foxfyre, Keanu Reeves isn't a crush for me, but I like to look too. There are lots of like to looks. I'm cogitating on the difference between like to look and a crush. There's something additional with a crush. Some kind of want rather than just looking.

Valid points. I think all of us will be dead when we no longer enjoy looking. But I like to look at Paul Newman too and Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp and Bruce Willis, Charles Bronson, Neal Diamond, James Garner, and in my earlier life, Rock Hudson, Gregory Peck, Audie Murphy, Roy Rogers, Richard Burton and many others if I just think about it.

But with Keanu Reeves and Colin Farrell it is more than just enjoying looking. It is feeling a connection, maybe a bit of fantasy, a stirring, whatever. It is putting on one of their movies late at night just because you want to share some time with them, not because the movie is especially good. It isn't even necessarily sexual but there is an emotional tug.

So, maybe that does qualify as a crush?
spendius

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 02:28 pm
@Foxfyre,
I had a crush on Barbara Stanwyk Foxy. I still have a residue in my unconscious. It's a safety device.
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 02:41 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I had a crush on Barbara Stanwyk Foxy. I still have a residue in my unconscious. It's a safety device.

For real?

While I appreciated her extraordinary acting talents, I never much enjoyed her in any role and didn't think she was the least bit sexy. I put her in the same category with Joan Crawford and Betty Davis that I felt the same way about. Many other female actresses I do think are appealing--not for me, but I think they would be to guys.

But then maybe you guys raise your eyebrows about the guys we gals are attracted to too.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 03:02 pm
Glad to see some men here. We wimmens ain't the only ones with crushes. Yes, Quincy, they can last a lifetime.

eoe, Hendrix. Doozy. I didn't have a crush. But when he picked up that guitar, I got turned on.

littlek, I spotted Jackman somewhere. Looked him up on the Internet. Saw some pics of him splashing around in the ocean. Wink That little crush lasted a couple of days.

Foxfyre, If it's more than just "like to look," I think we're entering crush territory. So your pillow was Dean Martin. Saw Cliff Robertson in full tv makeup getting a hotdog at a street vendor in Rockefeller Center. He looked orange.

Wasn't familiar with that Bale person. His eyebrows make me nervous. Can't have a crush on someone with nervous-making eyebrows. I'm fussy that way.
Joe Nation

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 03:49 pm
If anybody laughs at this, I'm going to be upset. Okay?
Okay.
I am still in love with Darlene Gillespie.
Not really Darlene Gillespie but Corky, the girl she played in "Corky and White Shadow" on the M I C- K E Y M O U S E club.
http://www.originalmmc.com/images/Comics/Corky%20and%20White%20Shadow%20(front).jpg

Yes, I know, Gus, the dog is MUCH more attractive, but I was completely smitten. On (i think it was Today is Tuesday, we're going to have a special guest days) that I would fly through my paper route in order to get back home in time to see Darlene be Corky.
o my god, Corky.
(She was tied to a tree at one point. My ten year old soul yearned, ached, cried out for all the mercies of the universe to let ME fly to her side, instead the white dog got her loose.

( I am sorry to say this, but tonight in my sleep, I fear there will a series of dreams involving Darlene/Corky and some rope.)

In some now forgotten gay bar situation, I was asked who my first love was, and I told them about Corky and no one bothered to ask me to dance for the rest of the night.

I also loved Annette Funicello, but everybody did.

Joe(corky -look at those jeans, jesus, she was mine.)Nation
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 04:09 pm
@Joe Nation,
I can't laugh Joe, since I understand fully. The brother in "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" that I fell in love with, however briefly, was the "E" brother--Ephraim I think. He had only a very bit part--almost no dialogue--but the night the brothers kidnapped their lady loves and went off through the snowy canyon in the sleigh, it was his arms I imagined myself to be.
Roberta

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 04:10 pm
@Joe Nation,
Not laughing, Joe. Just trying to remember the Corky and the White Shadow episodes. I know I would have watched. I love that dawg.

Happy dreams, kid.

Ro(not asking about the gay bar, but sorry no one asked you to dance)berta
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 04:14 pm
My last all-out crush was Prince. I ignored him until 'Purple Rain' when his guitar prowess, alot of Hendrix influence, won my heart. Plus he was just so damned pretty, so damned hot, with a delectable little ass like two peaches in his lace pants and waist chain
Lordy lordy...
My boyfriend and I went to see him in concert. I was crazy about my guy but when he got led off by security for taking pictures, instead of going with him, I told him to meet me at the car"after the show was over. I just couldn't leave my Prince!
But I damn sure made up for it later on!
e(if you get my drift...)oe
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 04:19 pm
@Foxfyre,
Seven Brides.. I'd forgotten all about that one.

Here's Ephraim.. or at least a somewhat related link
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0195073/