Wed 15 May, 2013 03:07 pm
@Ticomaya,
Tico: You're a riot.

Joe(you made me disturb the others here)Nation
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 15 May, 2013 03:32 pm
@Joe Nation,
You know I will want photos. In Venice, I built raised beds, and changed what was in them seasonally. And yes, I did something like a sixteen foot length of bamboo futzing for tomatoes. What I don't remember now is if I had rigged posts in some concrete or not. I think not. And, dammit, no photos.

Well, I did take photos of the tomatoes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/ossobuco/tomatogathering264-1.jpg

Ummm, I like sliced green tomatoes with mozzarella on pizza..
ossobuco

Wed 15 May, 2013 03:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Now to back off from off track.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Wed 15 May, 2013 06:41 pm
Did I mention today was ReBirthday?

'twas.
I had my first therapy session in ten years.
Breathless.
I said after the first ten minutes of talking that ten years ago I had wasted the first eight sessions with a therapist trying to be entertaining but that I was not going to do that this time.
"Too late" he said, scribbling, scribbling, "Go on."

It's not easy to tell forty-something years of history and histrionics in fifty minutes, but I did the best I could.

Joe(then I took myself to a rebirthday celebration)Nation

hawkeye10

Wed 15 May, 2013 06:44 pm
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
I said after the first ten minutes of talking that ten years ago I had wasted the first eight sessions with a therapist trying to be entertaining but that I was not going to do that this time.
"Too late" he said, scribbling, scribbling, "Go on."

fantastic!
0 Replies

Eva

Wed 15 May, 2013 08:41 pm
@Joe Nation,
I can imagine! Perhaps the therapist should be paying you! Laughing
cicerone imposter

Wed 15 May, 2013 08:58 pm
@Eva,
Just a pause to wait for the train to pass.
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/imposter222/media/MVI_6362.mp4.html
Click on URL for video. Taken in Turkey (2009).
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Thu 16 May, 2013 02:15 am
I'm thinking about writing up a Cast of Characters, then I think.... no. Let him try to follow and I will be as clear as I can be.

The struggle was trying to remember recent dates ~~was that 2008 or 2009?

and saying in my head

Joe(this is my life now)Nation
McTag

Thu 16 May, 2013 03:02 am
@Joe Nation,

Yo, Joe

How's it hanging, man? I don't read this thread now, but I just wanted to say Hi!
Joe Nation

Thu 16 May, 2013 05:48 am
@McTag,
Yeah, I don't read it either.

How's it hanging?

Sometimes vertically, sometimes horizontally and sometimes out to dry.

Joe(I have no idea what that means)Nation
tsarstepan

Thu 16 May, 2013 06:27 am
@Joe Nation,
Well, at least you're not planking:
http://static02.mediaite.com/geekosystem/uploads/gallery/planking/enhanced-buzz-25662-1305652038-13.jpg
I'll never understand this goofy meme/photo fad.
jespah

Thu 16 May, 2013 06:58 am
@tsarstepan,
Those are very patient camels. Horses would mostly look at you funny.

Joe - Progress, progress! W00t on toast!

Here is another way you could be hangin'.

0 Replies

shewolfnm

Thu 16 May, 2013 12:14 pm
A good sit down with a therapist can be like enjoying a perfect slice of cake, with the perfect scenery in perfect silence..
margo

Thu 16 May, 2013 12:55 pm
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

A good sit down with a therapist can be like enjoying a perfect slice of cake, with the perfect scenery in perfect silence..

and no kilojoules / calories!

Tico - great line! Razz
Joe Nation

Fri 17 May, 2013 04:37 am
@margo,
kilojoules

Yea. I learned a new word. Also megajoules....but who's counting?

Joe(kilojoules are killjoys)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Fri 17 May, 2013 05:05 am
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/923421_10200353578499288_1032996153_n.jpg

Where was I?

I decided, for whatever odd reason, that yesterday would be a good day to organize the photos (like the one above) if I am ever going to get a book of them done.
Not a good idea. As I just said to Dee, elsewhere, these last eight years have been both better and worse than I had remembered. By noon, I could hardly get myself outside (and it's Beautiful Weather here) I stumbled through a short run, decided what to make for dinner, took a nap (what?) wrote some correspondence, made and ate dinner and watched the entire two house Elementary Season Finale before the dark thoughts fled.
I woke up at three AM. (thanks, nap)
Wrote some really good things in my journal.
Laid back down and had both the craziest dream (see the dream thread) and the deepest sleep I've had in ages.
Joe(really. Like setting cement)Nation
Frank Apisa

Fri 17 May, 2013 05:43 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/923421_10200353578499288_1032996153_n.jpg

Where was I?

I decided, for whatever odd reason, that yesterday would be a good day to organize the photos (like the one above) if I am ever going to get a book of them done.
Not a good idea. As I just said to Dee, elsewhere, these last eight years have been both better and worse than I had remembered. By noon, I could hardly get myself outside (and it's Beautiful Weather here) I stumbled through a short run, decided what to make for dinner, took a nap (what?) wrote some correspondence, made and ate dinner and watched the entire two house Elementary Season Finale before the dark thoughts fled.
I woke up at three AM. (thanks, nap)
Wrote some really good things in my journal.
Laid back down and had both the craziest dream (see the dream thread) and the deepest sleep I've had in ages.
Joe(really. Like setting cement)Nation

Absolutely loved the Elementary finale.

If you get a chance to see the Times on-line today...interesting article about a couple of gallaries in Chelsea...with a slide show. These were the gallaries we shoulda visited!

f.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Fri 17 May, 2013 08:00 am
Okay, I'll check it out.

yes, amazing twists....I'm going to watch the second hour again, because I missed some parts while cleaning up the dishes.

Joe(hope all is well)Nation
Joe Nation

Sat 18 May, 2013 05:19 am
@Joe Nation,
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-R_xPkN_YD3E/UZdhVUJf1kI/AAAAAAAAYr0/b0cEKQc9TQE/s640/1-Deal++5-18-2013+6-06-07+AM.JPG

Got the box of my stuff. Just in time, I needed my travel kit (shaving cream, extra razor, etc... .)
She shortened my shorts (as promised) but botched it. Lycra does not sew easily, so she "did one leg by hand" with "no malice in stitching: ... and no answer to my questions. meh.
Who cares?
I had so much fun yesterday with the Calgarians (Mame and her SIL) My mood is unalterable, no pun intended.

Joe(what's next?)Nation

FOUND SOUL

Sat 25 May, 2013 06:21 pm
@Joe Nation,
It's Sunday here, a week later, what are you sharing today Wink