A good cry on the train

shewolfnm

Tue 14 May, 2013 02:02 pm
@Joe Nation,
I get that.

That year long bout with court had me in my bed for weeks at a time because I kept spinning my head over things that were out of my control. Once that spin starts, it is hard to stop it..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Tue 14 May, 2013 02:03 pm
@Joe Nation,
Manhattan and I have a long distance love affair..

i love it...but its too far for me to visit. At least for now.
Hopefully, that will change sometime soon.
Roberta

Tue 14 May, 2013 02:30 pm
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

Manhattan and I have a long distance love affair..

i love it...but its too far for me to visit. At least for now.
Hopefully, that will change sometime soon.

Sometime soon. I hope so. Wasn't finished talking to or listening to you.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Tue 14 May, 2013 04:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
It is pretty hard to know who you are and what you want when you are suffering through depression

Every single person that walks this planet has or/and will suffer from depression in their life. ****, life is full of negatives, we can't live unless we work our asses off, the World today is different than it was in your / our grandparents and their days. It takes a whole lot of strength and often time out, to jump that hurdle and there are hurdles to jump every single day with or without depression... Depression means "you can feel" ....

What inspires me is people can help other people, regardless of what they are personally going through. And, they do.

If people toughen up to the extent of never having feelings, never showing feelings, are they not "hiding" Hawk, would it not still be eating at them inside? Does it not make it impossible to give ? Because you don't have feelings... I'd rather have a whole lot of feelings, give, love, get hurt, feel down and out, jump the hurdle, find ways to feel free, happy and re-find myself from being lost for that period of time, than to shut down like a robot..

I remember walking out of my marriage, pretty low.. Down, depressed, nothing ... But, I can tell you, the reason why I walked was because I KNEW who I was, I knew what I wanted and I knew what I deserved... I failed, but I failed after giving 100% first even if the other person did not deserve it.. 7 years... of crap. Therefore I didn't fail, he did.

But, you are wrong, because from that knowledge, I got out of it, left, grew, and knew even more who I was, what I wanted, deserved, expected and would not accept and ****, I still know who I am, what I want and deserve and am happy... Doesn't mean I don't get stressed, feel down, get depressed but then like ((Joe)), I dream, I write, become creative, walk, feel at peace, plant plants, work my butt of, find the solution, answer and smile.... Life is a roller coaster... I choose to feel and so do the majority of people.

And, there is nothing wrong with getting depressed, we are friggen human, and it means we feel... I'd rather be on that journey, and keep positive and aiming at everything positive to delete that feeling from time to time, when it occurs, than to be a robot and never feel, therefore never feel depressed.

The ol sub-conscious knows all... Any negatives in life can be fought....

hawkeye10

Tue 14 May, 2013 04:44 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
And, there is nothing wrong with getting depressed,

then it is a great thing that I never indicated that there is. Thomas Moore says that we should not look at depression as an ailment, that it is a naturally occurring part of life that comes by when we are in need of growth, and I do believe that he is correct. But Moore also says that the way through depression is to jump into it, to mine it for self awareness, which is at odds with the establishment which wants you to pop happy pills to make the sadness go away. If their plan works what goes away is the opportunity to learn about yourself.
FOUND SOUL

Tue 14 May, 2013 04:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
I thumbed that up....

As, I agree.

I also agree that pill popping (in my opinion) makes people worse, it's the mind that heals everything if you let it.

Now I am in the **** Smile I think that last comment was spiritual or something.
Eva

Tue 14 May, 2013 05:14 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Speaking as someone who takes antidepressants ... I think you're being awfully harsh. When I am depressed, I am incapable of thinking clearly and making good judgments. There's a chemical imbalance going on. The medication doesn't create a false sense of euphoria. It corrects the chemical problem so I can think clearly enough to find my way back.
FOUND SOUL

Tue 14 May, 2013 05:23 pm
@Eva,
Like I said, now I am in the ****.

Eva, I should have stated "for long periods of time"..

I personally have taken panadene forte, for my injury when in trouble and can't cope with the pain. I am just a believer of yoga, walking, anything, breathing to help instead if I can...

I think this stems from my family... They are the same.

I believe our brain is a very powerful tool and should play an important part in healing.

Sorry if I offended you, or anyone else was not my intent.
ossobuco

Tue 14 May, 2013 05:29 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I'm often depressed for good reason, very much trapped - but I think that is different than clinical depression, which many live with and can also be related to events/situations but not necessarily.

There are similarities between clinical depression and the depressions that smack all of us, and I'm not the one to explain.

edit - Eva already did.
0 Replies

Eva

Tue 14 May, 2013 05:32 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
No, you didn't offend me. Not at all. I just thought you were being harsh, and perhaps (?) lumping all forms of depression together. Situational depression is normal and often corrects itself when the situation changes and/or is resolved. Most people go through periods of this, and medication may not help. Clinical depression, however, is a whole different story. For those whose "normal" state is imbalanced, long-term medication may be their only way to achieve balance.

Edit -- I see Osso and I are on the same wavelength!
ossobuco

Tue 14 May, 2013 05:42 pm
@Eva,
True.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Tue 14 May, 2013 05:45 pm
@Eva,
(?) You are correct. Sometimes we see a word and don't totally understand that word that there are different meanings. What is good, is no matter how old you are, you are never too old to learn.. Thank you for a better understanding of the word.

Eva

Tue 14 May, 2013 05:59 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Oh, you're welcome! And I certainly didn't mean that yoga, dietary changes, therapy (and other things) don't work. They absolutely can affect brain chemistry, and I believe they should be tried whether a person is on medication or not.

Hugs to you!
Joe Nation

Tue 14 May, 2013 06:20 pm
I love this interchange on this thread.

We've all had to go through crisis...we all share the same wounds and scars.

and we share here.

After working on my list for awhile, I went up on the roof to assess my trellis building project. What a beautiful night.
My phone rang.
It was the therapist confirming tomorrow. My mood elevated.
I put in several of the 72" long bamboo stakes I found today. They are going to be perfect supports for the beans and tomatoes.
My phone rang.
It was my oldest friend. I've only know him for nine years, he is just the oldest person I know.
We talk about everything. He is curious about everything. Wants to know what this Skype thing is all about and do I know the name of the bar with the sawdust on the floor in a triangular shaped building in the Village AND can I get him a copy of a CD of the music from a show he did in 1960.??
He is 92.
I said I'd find out.
I told him it was over between C and I. For sure now. A couple of days ago it seems there was some glimmer..... he likes her....who wouldn't?
But he says "I like the way you sound. You sound less beaten up, more like yourself."
I said it was all about framing this from my point of view and, I added, I asked her to send my things to me.
"Ah, " says he," Excellent. Excellent. I'm buying you two drinks when I see you again."

It's a beautiful night.
Joe(and it's been a good day)Nation
ossobuco

Tue 14 May, 2013 06:42 pm
@Joe Nation,
Maybe, depending on the tomatoes.

Consider lattice, and maybe not fake lattice connected with good posts, but two x twos, set well.

She says, snottily.
ossobuco

Tue 14 May, 2013 06:53 pm
@ossobuco,
Jon.
I had a lover I dearly loved. He turned out to be gay. We all met, decades later.
Their property was a flume of the world's best tomatoes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Tue 14 May, 2013 06:56 pm
Back in the day, I did roof top design, with consequences. Now I'll say watch weight and drainage. And talk with the structural engineer.
FOUND SOUL

Wed 15 May, 2013 02:43 am
@Eva,
Smile Me too and hugs back to you....
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Wed 15 May, 2013 07:49 am
@ossobuco,
I need to post some wider shots here. It's pretty low key and not a lot of weight.

Joe(we now return you to our regularly scheduled thread)Nation
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Wed 15 May, 2013 08:25 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
Now I'll say watch weight and drainage.

Words to live by.