A good cry on the train

sarahanry

Fri 1 Jun, 2018 11:54 pm
@Joeblow,
joy!!
glitterbag

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 12:04 am
@sarahanry,
This post was written 10 years ago, you might be a little late to the party.
cicerone imposter

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 03:43 am
@glitterbag,
It's okay to retrieve a dead thread, because there are many new members who can rehash the topic. Who knows? Somebody might come up with something new! Wink
0 Replies

anonoMo

Wed 18 Aug, 2021 05:10 pm
@Joe Nation,
I'm sorry to hear about the pain you're going through Joe. I can identify with it. Also with the feeling that a small act of kindness can break through the wall we build to keep us together. It comes out like a flood. For me it happened today after a phone call from a friend. It helped me tu remember that there are still people who care about me outside of my kids who I can talk to about all the details. Good luck with the recovery Joe. You're not alone.
roger

Wed 18 Aug, 2021 06:15 pm
@anonoMo,
Since 2008, he's probably recovered somewhat.
glitterbag

Wed 18 Aug, 2021 10:52 pm
@roger,
I see him on Facebook, I wish he would rejoin A2K.
roger

Wed 18 Aug, 2021 11:00 pm
@glitterbag,
Have you told him that?
farmerman

Thu 19 Aug, 2021 05:20 am
@roger,
he was one of my favorite wordcrafters here. he couldwrite a phrase that Id wanna glom onto and hold for future use, where Id try to sound sincere.
Frank Apisa

Thu 19 Aug, 2021 05:49 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

he was one of my favorite wordcrafters here. he couldwrite a phrase that Id wanna glom onto and hold for future use, where Id try to sound sincere.

Jonathan and I were in touch a few weeks ago. He was going on vacation...and would be otherwise occupied until this week. But this week Nancy and I were unable to get into town. Almost certainly we will be in the City to have a drink with him on the Frying Pan next week.

I'll mention that people have asked about him...and see if he can stop by to say hello to everyone soon.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 19 Aug, 2021 06:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
I'll mention that people have asked about him...and see if he can stop by to say hello to everyone soon.
People? It came from A2K's crème de la crème! (Thus my support for it, too.) Wink
Joeblow

Thu 19 Aug, 2021 06:37 am
@Walter Hinteler,
You old smoothie Walter. The creme de la creme AND joeblow.
Joeblow

Thu 19 Aug, 2021 06:50 am
@Joeblow,
Lol! You took it down Walter, just as I was loving it!

I LIKED being a young custard tart for a minute lol
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Thu 19 Aug, 2021 10:33 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

He continues writing about people he encounters at Home Depot. Quite nice to read his encounters. Why won't you join facebook?
margo

Wed 25 Aug, 2021 07:41 pm
I love Jonathan's stories about the people he comes across in Home Depot.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 28 Aug, 2021 02:31 pm
@CalamityJane,
Ive been under contract on which social media I had to distance myself. Facbook (until fairly recently) has been a source for lawyers to search out and impeach witnesses whenexperts posted ,what appeared as harmless debate points when they were actually taking another side of their court testimony. Several major court cases were lost when a witness had actually lied about her experience and education ( to which she brazenly stipulated in aome ite that was an open techy site).
I was in a case where the expert on the other side had stipulaed to being a "Mining engineer" when he was actually a surveying structural geologist consultant He was a map makr).
The lawyers on the other side . when they presented this disparity in qualifications , after it was disclosed , merely asked ;.
"Dr ( name here), were you lying there or are you lying to us." He was dismissed and later charge were filed for lying under oath. (ctully he really didnt lie, he merely expande his credentials because he workd on teams in which he was the chief geologist and the mining engineer reported to him. LAwyers will eat their young if th case calls for it.

Since we are licensed by the states iin which we practice any LYING about our qualifications is considred a second class felony in some of them. In all cases it confuses and shitcans any credibility the expwrt has triw to make public in court.

I am no retired and only maintain my license for community service , I can join FB . I just gotta find out how.

Theres a buncha folks I lik to talk with again .
CalamityJane

Mon 30 Aug, 2021 08:39 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman, just use a different name on facebook - I have done so too, as I didn't want to use my real name. I set up an email account only for facebook and never gave my phone number either. You still can remain anonymous there too.

Of course, we old a2k people want you on our friends list the minute you have registered, so let me know what name you have chosen. Take an email out from yahoo.com so your facebook is not tied to your regular email etc. Once you're registered, message me, I will give you the names of people you need to add to your friends list (like joe nation, ms.olga, edgar, latin George and so on)...
0 Replies

Mrknowspeople

Wed 16 Feb, 2022 09:27 pm
@Joe Nation,
I think that made sense
0 Replies

Mrknowspeople

Wed 16 Feb, 2022 09:28 pm
@DrewDad,
Hell is sorry.
0 Replies

Mrknowspeople