took errrrrrrrrr decades for one of mine
but yanno
we've got time and other friends
no rush
Joe Nation

Fri 10 May, 2013 10:39 am
@ehBeth,
too true
Interestingly, our only connection prior to the romance was we were classmates in high school fifty years ago. I have many friends among the alumni, now she will be just another one of those people I see at reunions.

Meh.

J
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Mon 13 May, 2013 08:03 am
So, she wrote me Sunday night and said she'd been thinking about me all day and was confused and conflicted. She said maybe it was part of our connection. Added that she had been praying for me.

I wrote back saying that the only thing that still confused me was how 'our connection' had been, at the moment of it's first real crisis, dissolved unilaterally by her. That she hadn't fought for us, for our connection to continue.
How she had done that at the lowest point I had been in ever in our time together. How, despite my being there for her over the past two and half years for any of her problems, physical or otherwise, she couldn't find a way to do that for me.

She had recommended a book to me "Broken Open" and I read it, read parts of it several times. It's about letting yourself burn with the fire of your pain in order to emerge on the other side like a Phoenix, to be real as yourself ever after.

I didn't rant, I don't think. I just said that the writer had learned over time how to do more than just save herself. And that, as she proved herself, it was possible for those in a relationship to burn together in order to come out as themselves and still be together.

But, now I'm done.

I asked to send any of my things to me.

Joe(I slept like a rock at the bottom of the sea)Nation

shewolfnm

Mon 13 May, 2013 09:00 am
@Joe Nation,
in tears , small giggles and nods of understanding... I read your updates.

Jerk... is never a word I would use to describe you, but I understand.

Depression is blinding in its madness... But Im positive you will get through that just as you have so many other things.
Much love to you dear man. And be thankful that what is going on with you was pointed out in a way that MAKES you do something about it, or you would continue through life ignoring something that needs attention...you.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Mon 13 May, 2013 01:14 pm
@McTag,
Frank in his infinite wisdom noted that " ladies are wise to the fact that courteous gentlemen invite fine-looking ladies to precede them the better to admire the ladies' finer points." So well uttered. I recall the less refined observation that men put women on pedestals the better to look up their dresses. Cool
0 Replies

roger

Mon 13 May, 2013 02:16 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

I wrote back saying. . . .

Quit doing that. Just quit it right now!
ehBeth

Mon 13 May, 2013 03:56 pm
@Joe Nation,
Good grief Charlie Brown.

Listen to roger.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Mon 13 May, 2013 05:23 pm
@roger,
Okay.

You realize you're telling the person that Frank Apisa says would talk the paint off of a brick wall.... .

But okay.

Joe(besides, I said everything I wanted to say)Nation
hawkeye10

Mon 13 May, 2013 05:26 pm
@Joe Nation,
You miss the point as usual..you should not validate her lack of honor in leaving a relationship..

Do you have a date with a shrink yet?
Joe Nation

Mon 13 May, 2013 05:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
yep. Wednesday.

Joe(and I see Frank on Thursday)Nation Laughing
FOUND SOUL

Mon 13 May, 2013 05:54 pm
@Joe Nation,
Mr Joe Nation.

In the short time I have had the pleasure of getting to know you of sorts, I see a passionate, intelligent go getter of a man. One who knows beauty and captures it, shares it.

(Anyway).. I've just read the past 10 pages, or thereabouts and whilst I am sorry for your loss in "this" relationship, I smile because it means you can find one that is equal and happy when you are ready.

I think the book that she read, suggests standing on your own... And, one would think that in such pain, you would want to share not stand on your own.

Yet, "confused and conflicted" suggests she misses standing with you, if she really every did Smile

You are a treasure - and you deserve the love you give out back... Don't sweat it, though the heart hurts, we mend... Keep doing your thing, thanks for the daily readings of the sky, I enjoy them and look forward to when I read " she is like the wind, blowing one's mind, gushes over me, and so kind"....

And, I will read something like that in the future I know I will Smile

Joe Nation

Mon 13 May, 2013 06:10 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Thank you, Found Soul, it is the oddest feeling.

I was writing in my journal this morning (it's a new thing, advised for me by a professional therapist-friend of mine) and I was suddenly struck by this thought: I'm not depressed. Depression is the LACK of feeling. I don't have the lack of feeling, I take enjoyment of many things, I am not trapped by dark moods.

I feel too much. Now I can't wait to discuss this on Wednesday with my Doctor.

(Yes, he's a Doctor.)

anyway
Here's this morning's SkyWriting
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-n_5jIpn1huU/UZDFJJ-sHkI/AAAAAAAAYqk/PcXUpfcMP2A/s640/Focus+5-13-2013+5-51-029.JPG
ossobuco

Mon 13 May, 2013 06:26 pm
@Joe Nation,
I'm for that guy, er, the professional.

Someone needs to straighten you out to listening to yourself.

I don't know that that is him.

It needs to be you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Mon 13 May, 2013 06:40 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Foundy, if you ever are exploring on here, there is no one, no one, better to read than joenation or whatever his name is. (I love him, but never mind. We've never met but could talk ourselves silly.)

Just start at the beginning. No way to read it in one day, but start with it.
Joe Nation

Mon 13 May, 2013 06:49 pm
@ossobuco,
oh osso....(((((thanks)))))

joe(really. Thanks)Nation
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Mon 13 May, 2013 07:03 pm
@ossobuco,
Smile That is why I took the time to read 10 pages, cause what ever his name is, is a speciallll person but never mind, he knows that Smile

I hope as time goes by, as it's been a while now, that I get to read up on alot more threads of people here than I get the chance to do....
ossobuco

Mon 13 May, 2013 07:07 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
No. Skip those.

Read this one.
Do it.
It does go on in real time.
0 Replies