A good cry on the train

jespah

Thu 2 May, 2013 01:03 pm
I'm in the hell no camp, too.

No good can come of it, and it is thoroughly unnecessary for even courtesy's sake.

The die is cast. The box has been sent. The Rubicon has been crossed. You can't go home again. Rosebud was a sled. I see dead people. What about second breakfast?
JTT

Thu 2 May, 2013 01:03 pm
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
I feel like I just need to shut my mind up.

Better yet, Joe, your mouth.

What the **** is wrong with you guys? Have you no self respect? Ragman verily brags about irresponsibly [I'm hoping he was joking] entering into relationship after relationship.

You can say it and you can spell it and you can wax poetic about it, but I'm not at all sure you have the foggiest notion of what love is.
Ragman

Thu 2 May, 2013 01:22 pm
@JTT,
Oh, Christ. I've seen it all now. The last person to be handing out relationship advice on this forum has just opened his maw. Just STFU! Do you really think your advice will help anything? You really seem to have to **** everywhere.
Below viewing threshold (view)
ossobuco

Thu 2 May, 2013 01:43 pm
@Joe Nation,
I'm voting a mild (as opposed to hell) no, but as usual that's for your heart and brain to fight out.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 2 May, 2013 01:44 pm
@jespah,
What about western breakfast, eh?
0 Replies

Ragman

Thu 2 May, 2013 01:47 pm
@JTT,
Hey, jackass. You don't understand when someone is kidding. You would need to be able to sort out human emotions to grasp that.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Ragman

Thu 2 May, 2013 02:00 pm
@JTT,
How do you keep an idiot in suspense??
JTT

Thu 2 May, 2013 02:01 pm
@Ragman,
You're a stand up comic as well as a language expert, Ragman?
0 Replies

engineer

Thu 2 May, 2013 02:53 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Does anyone think I should give her a heads-up that the box will arrive tomorrow?

Not unless you want to toss your heart on the table and stomp on it for a while. If getting a one liner from her on facebook sent you spinning, calling would be like cliff diving. Personally I'd defriend her not out of malice but to spare yourself the rollercoaster responses.
0 Replies

Ragman

Thu 2 May, 2013 03:05 pm
@Joe Nation,
Seriously, I think that just like any other addiction, after a break up like this, you have to go cold-turkey. With my own circumstance, I had to make a vow that every day I had to resist and/or minimize any contact with my ex...no matter how trivial or benign it would be. I was protecting my vulnerability and ultimately my sanity.

Each day seems to get easier. At first, it was hard...like resisting scratching a poison-ivy rash. Now, 2.5 yr later, I'm cured. I remember my 6-month anniversary of no contact, I considered that as an important milestone. I deleted all photo images...which was a tough task as I'm a photographer.
0 Replies

dlowan

Thu 2 May, 2013 03:10 pm
@Joe Nation,
Hell no.
0 Replies

Ragman

Thu 2 May, 2013 03:11 pm
@Joe Nation,
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Thu 2 May, 2013 09:01 pm
You guys are great. Okay, no head's up.

And now that feels better.

I think I am getting the hang of this:
Make a decision and you will feel better.
Chew on a decision and you get gingivitis or something.

Here's this morning's SkyWriting (I wrote it in under five minutes)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-P_1wWxWzmIA/UYKUK6mDezI/AAAAAAAAYjk/8rr6l8f3ARc/s640/Intimacy+5-2-2013+6-03-48+AM.JPG

Joe(My head is clearer in the mornings)Nation
McTag

Fri 3 May, 2013 01:16 am
@Joe Nation,

I feel motivated to join this group this morning. I don't know what to say though, other than to wish Joe well. I enjoy your little poems, sir.

Mc(goes off singing Que Sera, Sera)Tag
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Fri 3 May, 2013 06:46 am
Seeing Frank Apisa in the flesh after quite awhile is always a moving experience, not in the sense that you are surprised he is still standing (thanks mostly to his heart surgeons), but moving in the sense that you have to jog to keep up with him wherever he is going. The man walks faster than native New Yorkers, and believe me, that is saying something.
We paced our way from Penn Station to Madison Square Park to get Shackburgers. Yum.
 https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/v/p480x480/908485_10200281352253677_144442449_n.jpg?oh=6866545477f765a4cb7477fb8a19f507&oe=5185EBCF&__gda__=1367721338_edd3eb5cd47ac7a202bf2b7c2786e089

Then WALKED sort of, over to the Pan. It was old home week for us. Frank is the guy who discovered this place. Seriously, he was the first customer and a great protector of it when the West Side Conservancy folks were trying to screw John, the owner. (John passed away a few years ago.)
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/58089_10200281879386855_1353068648_n.jpg
It was great. We sat up on that deck over there, but then had to go get up on the top of the old fire boat where, back in the day, was the only to sit. There wasn't any tables or a bar or any of what is there now.
We loafed through a beer or two (Him one, me two) and waited for Thomas to arrive from a four hour delay getting a tire changed. (Jeesusss.)
More beer.
Then over to some art galleries with some of the glitterati, then off to Penn Station to see Frank off .
Thomas and I grabbed dinner at (fill in the blank) BBQ.
He had the ribs.
I had the catfish and collard greens.
I let the vegetarian Thomas try some. Good eating, those greens.

And it was good to have the company of two of the best friends a guy could ever have.

Thanks guys.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/p480x480/207122_10200284152523682_577116845_n.jpg

Joe(next, the Cloisters! and Coogan's!)Nation
McTag

Fri 3 May, 2013 10:14 am
@Joe Nation,

That sounds awfully, awfully nice.

I went to the hospital today, with my mother-in-law.

Nice to read about people enjoying themselves.
Joe Nation

Fri 3 May, 2013 11:13 am
@McTag,
I hope everything ends well, McTag.

Joe(are that you yourself are well)Nation
cicerone imposter

Fri 3 May, 2013 11:39 am
@Joe Nation,
Great reporting there, Joe(always courteous)Nation! It's a wonder how many of us have established friendships on a2k that would never have developed without this site. I just wonder if other social networks has such success as a2k?
0 Replies