A good cry on the train

spikepipsqueak

Tue 30 Apr, 2013 07:56 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Yep...the gifts all stay.... what a relief that is to say.

Just her stuff and a best wishes on your new home and your new life.

Joe(I feel better just typing this)Nation

Good choice ... IMV.

Sometimes you do have to think about the unspoken message and the meaning to you. To send back the gifts would diminish you in your own eyes, I think.

If you never want to see those articles again there are op-shops all over that would be glad of them ... but she never has to know about that.

((((Joe))))
0 Replies

JTT

Wed 1 May, 2013 12:11 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24IfD-0VUu4

If one truly, really loves another, one can't do anything but ... .
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Wed 1 May, 2013 03:38 am
Repacking after the sun comes up.

Then I think I will just go to the PO.

Joe(Onward)Nation
0 Replies

dlowan

Wed 1 May, 2013 03:53 am
@Joe Nation,
Lol! Not that it's funny.

A lot of the wisdom of the ages boils down to "Just don't be a jerk".

You ain't a jerk.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Wed 1 May, 2013 05:52 am
@roger,
Quote:
I think you're on the right track here. Don't give her a chance to think you are being clingy, and don't give her reason to think you are trying to send her on a guilt trip. Anything she has a remote ownership interest in, send without a note. Any gifts she make are not hers. Toss 'em.

This is so well put, roger, thanks. Thanks everyone. On we go.

This is almost like therapy, folks, you can't imagine the relief I felt last night when I made the decision to just send back her stuff only. It was like someone opened the plastic bag I had been sealed in.

Joe(Yes. Not a jerk)Nation

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Pwc29xyqCyA/UYECJBVf3vI/AAAAAAAAYjU/6J0-wGkMz44/s640/May+Song+5-1-2013+6-10-01+AM.JPG
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Wed 1 May, 2013 09:52 am
Okay, I'm back and the box is on it's with a nice made-on-my-computer card saying "Best wishes on your new home and Best Wishes on your new life. "
I put flowers on the front and a little corner piece on the inside.

I signed it
Be Well,

J.

It should arrive late Friday which is ....I don't know....good, I guess.

~~
A friend of mine out here in reality said that saying anything expecting a response could lead to a double whammy when there is no response. So, I tried to keep it short.

Oh, and the cards are gone. Down the trash chute. I did look through them one more time, ah, yes, that was the lover I knew.

I wonder who that other person is now.

I happen, just happen, to be reading a book on the Mind and the Brain. There is a long section about how a particular Doctor worked with patients with OCD to redirect their obsessive thoughts.

I keep thinking.....

Joe(I can use this.)Nation
Eva

Wed 1 May, 2013 10:24 am
@Joe Nation,
Good!

Now it's time to start that 2,785th life.
0 Replies

dlowan

Wed 1 May, 2013 05:04 pm
@Joe Nation,
Woot!

I must say I keep the cards/poems etc.

When I feel better I have always enjoyed reading them from various guys and remembering all the fun we had and all the things I loved about them.

But we all need to do different stuff to move on.

Joe Nation

Wed 1 May, 2013 05:38 pm
@dlowan,
No, I just decided, pull the bandage off....

Of course, later today, she chimed in on one of my Facebook posts. (I ran three mile of the river today and took some pictures of some flowers. I asked if anyone knew what they were. She, of all people, answered. <sigh>
We have been putting together the garden on the roof deck and I know, if we were still together, she would be in heaven with the planting and the digging and the mixing in of compost.

Such a shame. She was a game gal.

A cancer survivor, you know, about as dead as you can be and still be here with us. https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/163569_10200276366249030_2137902521_n.jpg
I don't need cards to remind me of all that.

joe(it's burned into my brain)Nation
Ragman

Wed 1 May, 2013 06:18 pm
@Joe Nation,
Apropos of nothing ...

I'm curious ... does she know you're a reg here and you write on A2K? Does she have access to any of this?
Joe Nation

Wed 1 May, 2013 07:36 pm
@Ragman,
Yes. She knows I participate here.

No. She's has no access.

Joe(it would be fun if she did)Nation
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 1 May, 2013 08:17 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
I must say I keep the cards/poems etc.

I always kept the $1,000,000 cheques to be redeemed at some unbelievable date in the future like 2001 Laughing

I have a small stash of them. Some day I'll scan them all and tag the lads (now ancient men) on FB.

Maybe.

The old cards and letters do make me smile.

I've been thinking of giving some of the letters to the daughters of one lovely lovely man who died about a decade ago. They're not romantic letters - just a fun pic of what their dad was like from 13 - 18 after his dad was posted to Rome. I'd hold back the later more romantic ones that kinda confuse the issue of when he became involved with their mom.
0 Replies

dlowan

Wed 1 May, 2013 08:52 pm
@Joe Nation,
Schniff. She's probably still game, you know! ; )
Joe Nation

Thu 2 May, 2013 02:26 am
@dlowan,
Not my concern.

Joe(I'm on my way, she on hers.)Nation
Diane

Thu 2 May, 2013 12:14 pm
Joe, I think that, in cases such as this, staying neutral is always best.

I hope you feel the weight of indecision has been lifted so that you can get on with your full life.
JTT

Thu 2 May, 2013 12:15 pm
@Joe Nation,
Is that love talkin', Joe, or is it overcompensation?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Thu 2 May, 2013 12:22 pm
@Diane,
I'm better, but I am still racked with some doubts about what to do if and when she ever actually calls me.
I feel she used me, and it's so unlike her.
I feel something happened to her, and I wasn't aware enough to be aware of what was happening.
I feel really vulnerable.

I feel like I just need to shut my mind up.

And that's why I've been keeping so busy.

PS Does anyone think I should give her a heads-up that the box will arrive tomorrow? My brain keeps asking, my mind keeps saying

"Hell, no."

Joe(what?)Nation

Ragman

Thu 2 May, 2013 12:32 pm
@Joe Nation,
hell no.

You have my sincere empathy and sympathy. I'm on an self-imposed dating moratorium after a 2.5-yr-time-out after far too many breakups. I'm in FL now because I've either dated or married nearly the whole east coast allotment of single women who are over 55 yr of age.
Ragman

Thu 2 May, 2013 12:53 pm
@Ragman,
I'm working my way towards South America.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Thu 2 May, 2013 12:57 pm
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
Does anyone think I should give her a heads-up that the box will arrive tomorrow?
hell no!
0 Replies