ossobuco

Thu 15 Oct, 2009 10:50 am
A virtual pen for JoeN..

http://www.charliechaplin.com/images/photos/0000/1355/Montblanc_Pen_big.JPG

Here's to the day, J.
0 Replies

mac11

Thu 15 Oct, 2009 08:18 pm
Ah, Joe. I'm thinking about you - hoping you're ok.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Fri 16 Oct, 2009 06:50 am
I will probably go sometime this afternoon if I can get an appointment.
Other things are on my brain now, yesterday I was downsized at work. Eva calls it convergence. It certainly seems like a message from the distant stars.

Quote:
Which Monet print is it?

http://www.powerplaces.com/images/photo/france_monets_garden3.jpg

The version I have (printed on paper) is much more muted. I think people do that to Monet, tone him down. When you get in front of the actual work at the museum there are little snaps and crackles to go with floating blossoms. His gardens don't drowse, they are alive.

Joe(okay, I'm off somewhere.)Nation

shewolfnm

Fri 16 Oct, 2009 07:14 am
Downsized ?

No job? Or less pay?
Or same pay less work time?
0 Replies

Izzie

Fri 16 Oct, 2009 02:55 pm
@Joe Nation,
J (oh) Nation

You're swimming against the tide.

Try and just float for a while a? Try not to think too hard about 'what's gonna be'... one day, then the next, and so on...

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/whatever/DSC06418.jpg

Iz (hoping.somewhere.was.peaceful) zie x

ossobuco

Fri 16 Oct, 2009 03:19 pm
@Izzie,
I'm familiar with these tides (and I'm not the only one, she sings). So I'm going to virtually paddle with you over to Mismaloya Cove (don't eat the raw oysters at the bar)..

oops, no I won't, it's all excruciatingly built up since I was there in '71.

This one, Jobson's Cove, seems to be in Bermuda..
http://img3.travelblog.org/Photos/34959/141793/f/1147111-Jobson-s-cove-0.jpg

Well, that's a mental image. I prefer walking in cities to clear out my cobwebs.
0 Replies

JPB

Fri 16 Oct, 2009 03:38 pm
@Joe Nation,
I know someone who said, "chuck it all" (or something that rhymes with that) and moved to Belize for 6 months. Life is much simpler in Belize. You can swim there year round.
0 Replies

Roberta

Sat 17 Oct, 2009 12:06 am
Love the Monet, Joe, with all the color.

The other stuff going on sucks, and I feel for you. However I will not be floating, swimming, or dog-paddling in the ocean with you. There are sharks in there--and barracuda. Don't want to get bitten on the ass. Don't want you to be bitten there--or anywhere else. Stay on dry land where the only things you don't have to worry about are sharks and barracuda.

I've been downsized. I wish you luck with the job hunt. Wish I could do something to help.
Joe Nation

Sat 17 Oct, 2009 05:12 am
@Roberta,
I think you have enough being served to you at the moment, Roberta. I'll be thinking about you over the next few days.

No, shewolf, not less, none; not fewer, zero.
Lovely waves and water, everyone.

Let's see. I spent some time yesterday calling a few clients and suppliers to thank them and bring them the news of the changes. That was really good.

I sent my former employers thank you notes. I am a very good thank you note writer.

Joe(gritting teeth..'think q beri mush' )Nation
jespah

Sat 17 Oct, 2009 07:54 am
@Joe Nation,
Ya dun good. Downsizing sucks, I have been there, done that, more than once. Activity definitely helps. Hang in there.
-- jes(resume is always up to date)pah
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Sat 17 Oct, 2009 08:13 am
Like Roberta, I love this particular Monet painting; very happy colors and so
uplifting - something you need now.

Joe, are you a member of www.linkedin.com ? There are business groups and job offered within the particular groups. Perhaps it's worth a look.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Sun 18 Oct, 2009 09:56 am
Definitely will look at Linked-in. I've heard of it. And Coworkers.com and something called Rezredo.com

Many tools now exist that twenty years ago (the last time I was looking for a job.) weren't even dreamed about.

Joe(direct deposit of Unemployment Benefits?)Nation
jespah

Mon 19 Oct, 2009 03:35 am
@Joe Nation,
Yep -- direct deposit here, too.

Send me a PM and I'll give you my real name for LinkedIn. I have a boatload of contacts, might be able to help.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Tue 20 Oct, 2009 06:42 am
This is just a thought I had last night. Nothing to get hung about, as the poet said, and I'm not sure I have thought it all through.
=======
Nobody ever says "Over there is where I got my divorce." People can always tell you where they got married, but the ending of things is quite a bit foggier. I've been divorced three times.
(yes. There is something wrong with me.)
I can tell you where I got married, but, because of the way divorces work, there is no one place where I can say "Yup. It was right here."

I'm going to go sign the papers at 12:30PM today to finalize the process, then I am going to go on a long run.

Should I take myself to dinner tonight or wait until I get the papers back in the mail?

Joe(still grasping at this.)Nation

Francis

Tue 20 Oct, 2009 06:44 am
Joe wrote:
Should I take myself to dinner tonight or wait until I get the papers back in the mail?

Don't miss any occasion to treat yourself..
JPB

Tue 20 Oct, 2009 06:48 am
@Francis,
Right.

The best thing I ever did for myself was buy myself a divorce ring. It didn't look anything like a wedding ring but I loved it and still do. It didn't symbolize the end of something but, rather, the beginning of something else.
0 Replies

margo

Tue 20 Oct, 2009 07:51 pm
@Francis,
Quote:
Don't miss any occasion to treat yourself..

Excellent advice - celebrate both!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Tue 20 Oct, 2009 08:11 pm
You should treat yourself to a trip to Texas beaches..
mac11

Tue 20 Oct, 2009 08:33 pm
@shewolfnm,
Now that's a great idea!
0 Replies