A good cry on the train

Izzie

Wed 21 Oct, 2009 01:01 am
@Joe Nation,
Hey Joe (you will go the distance, just keep heading forward) Nation

stop and rest for a while, or take a little sidestep when needed, try not to look back darlin', eyes forward so you don't trip up - and most importantly, be kind and gentle with yourself.

<gosh... did that sound like nagging? errrrr no... best no answer that!>

Hey, how about a change of 'runners' soon for a new direction- those have run a marathon distance already and brought you a long way - it's sometimes good to have a change in shoes, ya know, like getting a new pair when you're going on a special occasion or you need a bit of confidence - I'd prolly go and get a lovely 3inch pair of very soft brown ladies boots with pointy toes (they look fab with broomsticks) - now, I don't recommend that for you, ya know, the high heel thing Evil or Very Mad , but whatever heads you along a new path needs to be comfortable for you - treat yourself again, with whatever floats your boat, you've a new day in front of you...

<figurative distances naturally, i know diddly about real marathon runs or high heels Razz>

thoughts to you and hope you ran the lurking thoughts clear from your head. As for the where the divorce rests... well, methinks there isn't one place, it's everywhere you look a? there sits a memory. If you can just skim those shots and start making new memories, all in good time, then the where'd that thing happen will be replaced with a "gosh, this was a great day, let's cover those lurking days over.

I know..... I know.... there's some still lurking around a?

Iz (English shores welcoming International visitors any time too) zie xxx

(NO, there is nothing wrong with you - please do NOT believe that!)

ok, I'll hush now. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Wed 21 Oct, 2009 06:32 am
'Ti's done. Her lawyer's office was very plush with an incredible view of the park. Three quick signatures and a handshake and I was on my way a free man.

Very nice day for a trot around the park. Took my time, took one of my shirts off, took some pictures of some really good musicians at the end.

Went to Whole Foods and bought some crunchy bread. Took the train home, ate lunch up in the sunshine on the roof and then took a nap.

Joe(clear day, clear head)Nation
ehBeth

Wed 21 Oct, 2009 06:47 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:
Took the train home, ate lunch up in the sunshine on the roof and then took a nap.

a new life starts in that spot. that spot right there. in the sunshine.
Joeblow

Wed 21 Oct, 2009 07:13 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

that spot right there. in the sunshine.

0 Replies

Joe Nation

Wed 21 Oct, 2009 10:27 pm
Well, yesterday was different. I went to have a quick lunch with my nephew. (His company is publishing a new book on the rules of running. Very funny book.) Then the idea was to go downtown, clean out my locker at the gym (I'm budgeting), zoom by the old work place to pick up some stuff I'd left and then cruise the neighborhood to say goodbye to some folks, then get back to apartment, change and get in a quick five miles.

The gym went very easy, but, at the store, my old boss wanted to talk and talk and T A L K and I let him. Could hardly get away. (There's a lot of guilt there.)

Finally did and headed down the street to get one last bagel from the place near the corner. The cashier cried. She's a lovely, lovely girl who let me practice my extremely poor French whom I let in on a really good way to get all the soap film off of your bathroom tiles. City relationships.

Didn't get to see my friend the pastor, nor the Yankee fan at the Lyric nor Joe at the Cheese Shop. Arrrgh. Did get to see Lisa from the second hand store, such a nice person.

Here's a good rule to remember: if you want to get home to do a short run before dinner, do not stop at three Irish bars to say 'g'bye to the bartenders. Several ''just a short one''s later I was floating towards the subway when I met another friend who also had to talk the whole thing through, but up in his loft which is filled edge to edge with stuff. Really. You never anything like it. Um. Six or seven grandfather clocks. Huge cabinets of dishware and silver, hundreds of video tapes, stacks of cans of tuna. We had a couple of drinks while waiting for another friend to whom we repeated our entire conversation when he arrived.

It was a lot of fun.
I swam out the door and it was still daylight. "Wow." I thought, "I have never been this loaded while the sun was still up." I made to the subway, got home, ate the bagel with some chicken and .....fell asleep until a few minutes ago.

Joe(this is the life)Nation
CalamityJane

Wed 21 Oct, 2009 10:39 pm
Ah, you always can get for a run, but you won't have such a good time
at the Irish pub with your friends on a daily basis. I am glad you sat with
them.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 21 Oct, 2009 10:43 pm
@Joe Nation,
Cans of tuna?

Good writing, man...
0 Replies

Izzie

Wed 21 Oct, 2009 10:55 pm
@Joe Nation,
Dear Joe (different is good and was a lot of fun) Nation

unplanned chit chats and meeting with mates ... breaks out of the norm...

sounds like a recipe for a reasonable day yesterday -

Iz (change can be good) zie x
jespah

Thu 22 Oct, 2009 04:13 am
@Izzie,
You can never have enough tuna.

Or friends.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Fri 23 Oct, 2009 04:54 am
Too true about the tuna and the friends.
I have a friend whom I have known for, holy cow, thirty years. He and I are ex-USAF. He is a sentimental slob who is one of those who forwards all those "Send this back to me if you are my friend and good things will happen to you...." crappola spammy emails.
I never send one back.

I did this morning.

Joe(am I having a bad day? No. Just feeling things.)Nation

Oooo. I have to report something spooky. Right after I typed "Just feeling things", I got an itch on my arm. I think something bit me in the park yesterday. There's a little red mark. So I go, before I hit Reply, to the meds drawers in the closet to get the Lanacaine or something to put on the itch.
Yesterday, I was trying to remember the name of the Optician who made some reading glasses for me. Couldn't do it. Couldn't find him on Google. Wasn't it my contacts, old or new. Humph. Gave up.
Just picked up the Lanacaine to put on this bite.... and there, nestled amongst the sunscreen lip balms and the dental floss, was a bottle of lens cleaner from guess who?

Who says the Universe isn't peering over our shoulders?
mac11

Fri 23 Oct, 2009 11:01 am
Yep, that's spooky all right. Shocked
0 Replies

Izzie

Wed 28 Oct, 2009 06:58 am
@Joe Nation,

Joe(Just feeling things)Nation

Iz()zie x
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Thu 29 Oct, 2009 03:55 am
Such a nice song, IZ, thanks.

Here's a tip for all of you: do not become unemployed just before running a marathon and think "Goodie, I have plently of time to prepare." because you will have too much time on your hands.
Joe(stirius crazyistima maximaista)Nation
Izzie

Sat 31 Oct, 2009 05:52 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe(run.yer.socks.off)Nation

Checked in for the marathon tomorrow... I can feel a PB coming on....

Iz(will.check.off.each.mile.cheering.with.feet.up)zie
0 Replies

yeilyn32

Wed 26 May, 2010 12:11 pm
@Joe Nation,
For some reason what your going through seems horrible..
but how you describe everything aboutthe train and crying
it sounded kinda peaceful and nice...but yet sad
Hope you feel better
Joe Nation

Wed 26 May, 2010 05:46 pm
@yeilyn32,
I do. Thanks for looking in on this faded thread.

Joe(Everyday something new)Nation
ossobuco

Wed 26 May, 2010 06:46 pm
@Joe Nation,
I'm sure we all still care, JoeN. Not to push you to talk.
Be well.
0 Replies

littlek

Wed 26 May, 2010 07:01 pm
Joe Nation, our master of melancholy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 26 May, 2010 07:02 pm
@Joe Nation,
That might have been my very favorite post ever, not just because my username got in there.

You can tell I'm rereading the thread.
roger

Wed 26 May, 2010 07:18 pm
@ossobuco,
Now that you mention it, that is one of the all time great posts.
0 Replies